PDA

View Full Version : 2021 SHOT Show cancelled

contender1
10-30-2020, 10:20 PM
I got notified today that the 2021 SHOT Show has been cancelled.
Due to the beer virus, the rise in cases,, the uncertainty, the length of time it takes to organize, plan & all such a large event,, they have made the decision to cancel it for 2021.

StuBach
10-31-2020, 06:10 AM
Sad but not surprising and probably prudent.

My company rents out the same spaces as the Shot Show (MGM Grand Conference Center) for our international meeting (usually the week before or week after SHOT) and we cancelled ours 2 months ago for the same reasons.

I’m kinda surprised they aren’t trying to do something virtually though. Seems like a good way to save some money but still offer something. Smart manufacturers might still do something like that on an individual basis.

Harter66
10-31-2020, 04:13 PM
Looks like Nevada is going to be broke .
An entire year of events in a tourist driven economy backed by mining that took a 3 month vacation and has halved production due to tax structure changes is going to be catastrophic . That's about a 70% loss of tax revenue paired with a best guess of 500 million/mo in Unemployment payments . I'd almost bet even the unions aren't backing the Dems at least at street level , if they are they're sawing the branch off the wrong side of their seats .

Nobade
10-31-2020, 08:41 PM
Well, I was wishing there was some way to take a year off and skip SHOT. Looks like they heard my wishes. And yes, that Nevada governor is as bad as the one we've got here in NM. Straight up leftist, bent on destroying their economy. Looks like he might have succeeded.

Tripplebeards
10-31-2020, 08:50 PM
I never get invited to the invitation only big beer party anyways so it doesn’t hurt my feelings.