PDA

View Full Version : Crossbow Double

marshall623
10-30-2020, 08:02 PM
I was wondering about this season missed on the first day , got busted 3 or 4 times since . I seen one this morning in the headlights pulling in by the barn , so I went to another field and stand . I went back this evening and got these two.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201031/ba04b7dc0356f46bc1844303780aa524.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thumbcocker
10-30-2020, 08:10 PM
Great job. Enjoy the backstraps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jedman
10-30-2020, 09:37 PM
Yea Great Job ! That’s what I am hunting with right now, a crossbow.The rut should be heating up any day now !

Jedman

slim1836
10-30-2020, 11:09 PM
Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Slim

missionary5155
10-31-2020, 05:40 AM
Good morning and a double Congratulations !!
That should be some good eating for any days ! Deer hunters should get a vehicle insurance cut !
What were your distances to those corn crunchers ? How many pound pull is that dart shooter ?
I have been a recurve shooter since I was 14. But I know one day my shoulders are going to give out.

MrWolf
10-31-2020, 05:49 AM
Crossbow due to back/neck and Rage rear deploying broadheads. They don't go far. Nice job, now for the butchering.

marshall623
10-31-2020, 08:19 AM
Good morning and a double Congratulations !!
That should be some good eating for any days ! Deer hunters should get a vehicle insurance cut !
What were your distances to those corn crunchers ? How many pound pull is that dart shooter ?
I have been a recurve shooter since I was 14. But I know one day my shoulders are going to give out.I'm shooting a Parker Tornado- 165# draw , the farmer I hunt on still has standing corn and it was in a corner where 2 fields of standing corn and his current empty feed lot meet so it was close quarters and 1 shooting lane . Both shots were about 25 yds and I found both arrows 6 feet apart . Both shots were less than 5 min apart . I seen the buck and he disappeared , I didnt get a good look at smaller which was a button before he caught me coming back with my dove stool that I abandoned when I first saw the buck . I took the small one straight on and he turned at the shot got a little further back and he went maybe a 100 yds and piled up . When I stood up to see where junior went out of the vorner of my eye there stood the buck looking my way so sit back down out of his sight recocked the Tornado armed it with another bolt and got ready and said to myself I know hes not dumb enough to walk to the corner . 30 seconds later there he stood . I took him in the chest and exited behind the shoulder . He went 50 yds and was done . So it was action packed for a little bit . I skinned and quartered Jr last night , the buck is waiting in the building for me so like said its time to get work .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

richhodg66
10-31-2020, 08:21 AM
Kansas legalized them during regular archery season about six years ago, I used to be a real purist where archery was concerned, but got one and killed a couple of decent bucks with it the first few years. I really don't like it, ugly, clumsy, but it lets me hunt the best time of the year without dedicating all my free time to practicing with my longbow all year long. They are good tools for what they are designed to do.

I spent most of yesterday out on stands with mine yesterday. No deer, but squirrels sure know when you're not after them, had several all around me, two almost climbed on me to check me out. Going back in there with the .22 Hornet or .25-20 soon.

Congrats on the deer, those will eat good.

Iwsbull
10-31-2020, 09:06 AM
Looks like you had a really great evening, congratulations on the double.

Markopolo
10-31-2020, 09:17 AM
Awesome and wont take no time at all the butcher them up

SSGOldfart
11-06-2020, 01:58 PM
Congrats you'll get many find meals from them two.