PDA

View Full Version : Dillon 650 ejection mod

sierra1911
10-30-2020, 03:21 PM
I don't load much 9mm, but the finished rounds tended to hang up on the ejector wire, being wedged between the ejector wire and the far side of the case slot. I virtually eliminated the problem by rounding the corner where the circumference of the shellplate meets the side of each cartridge slot across from the ejector wire. After removing this material the cases hardly ever catch.

I used a small stone in the Dremel and was careful not to remove any metal which is above the case rim when the case is fully inserted in the slot (therefore not lessening the surface area of the shell plate which extracts the case from the sizing die or powder funnel).

HATCH
10-30-2020, 10:33 PM
Got a picture of the mod??

Handloader109
11-01-2020, 04:25 PM
I 3d printed an ejector another reloader designed and it works great. goes over the center bolthead and fastens with small screw (about a 6-32 ).
it is easy to get just the right angle to kick off the rounds. and you don't run the risk of fudging up your case holder

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

HATCH
11-01-2020, 04:31 PM
I 3d printed an ejector another reloader designed and it works great. goes over the center bolthead and fastens with small screw (about a 6-32 ).
it is easy to get just the right angle to kick off the rounds. and you don't run the risk of fudging up your case holder

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Got the link to the design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sierra1911
11-05-2020, 01:38 PM
Got a picture of the mod??

Sorry for the delay - have been busy, including loading 4,500 9mm rounds over the weekend without a single ejection snag.

Sorry about the pic quality but limited to size by the site; put a piece of paper under the case to make the cut a little more visible. Used a cylindrical stone about 1/8" in diameter to cut the beveled point off the corner in the right of the pic - believe the stone is for sharpening chain saws.

Zip tie to left is to prevent shellplate snap and eliminate powder spills.