PDA

View Full Version : Lee Production Pot Four Furnace

markmars
10-27-2020, 11:27 AM
Cast about 300 bullets using a Lee single-Cavity Bullet Mold 356-102-1R for my .380 I've had this pot for a few years and have never used a bottom pour till this weekend.

It worked very well some dripping that I had read about prior to purchasing if it isn't opened up all the way it eliminated it.

I picked up some powder coating from Harbor Freight and will try and powder coat them this next weekend. I've always used Lee Liquid Alox before.

la5676
10-27-2020, 11:47 AM
Let me guess, you picked up either black or white from HF.

Good luck, it's not the best to start out.

Go visit the resident PC vendor, and get the good stuff.

Just my two pesos

markmars
10-29-2020, 04:26 AM
Yes for the white Harbor Freight. I'll see how it works out. Do you have links for vendors you prefer?

flyingmonkey35
10-29-2020, 04:55 AM
Yes for the white Harbor Freight. I'll see how it works out. Do you have links for vendors you prefer?The white has some issues with shake n bake.

But I find the major hurdle is humidity level.

If you live in a dry climet warm the bullets say slight hot yo the touch 99 degree ish.

Then try shaking them the hf powder will stick better.

If you live in a humidity environment you may have no success.

Try searching on the forum for smokes powder.

Also call a local powder coating company.
See if they'll sell you the left overs.

If you don't care about color you can get a gallon size bag for the cost of the drive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

markmars
10-29-2020, 10:01 AM
I'm in San Antonio humidity is up now but should be low this weekend.

la5676
10-29-2020, 12:21 PM
Yes for the white Harbor Freight. I'll see how it works out. Do you have links for vendors you prefer?

I think he is a vendor/sponsor on the boards here. I have been pointed to his link to his sales site, but can never go back to find it, but here is a link to a sale he was running on the forum for a long time, maybe it's still going on.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?241259-VS-Hi-quality-Powder-for-DT-or-Spraying-bullets

I tried the black HF powder first, it was local, and I had a woody to try this new coating. I ended up doing it three times before I got a good coat (in my opinion). I ended up getting some various Eastwood colors off Amazon, and then found out about Smoke here amongst us. I'll go "local" next time, I hear he has good stuff.

markmars
10-30-2020, 02:22 PM
Just ordered a pound from Smoke. Thanks for the link!

CRracer712
11-01-2020, 12:34 PM
I order HF flat black. Then I see here it isn't any good for shake and bake. Just as well, I ordered over two weeks ago,bit still hasn't shipped.

Ordered the clear and translucent copper from smoke's late last week, it's supposed to be here Monday.