PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 50th

gnappi
10-23-2020, 02:40 PM
I have quite a library of load manuals dating back to the 70's as well as old give away pamphlets you would find back in the day at gun shows / stores. But since I started powder coating I've been using TMJ and FMJ load data with GR8 success.

So, the question... Is there REALLY anything new or interesting (other than "new" calibers which I do not need) in the 50th (or others) regarding new technologies like powder coating?

gwpercle
10-23-2020, 07:19 PM
Not really . some new calibers I've never even heard of , new powders I'll never try .
First 4 chapters are historical and informational . If you've been reloading 20-30 years you probably know it all ... I bought it to read during the pandemic and since I own copies of a lot the other 49 Editions ... I bought this one to go with my collection ... it was available and on sale at Midways .

I find every edition has something to offer that's not in another edition and most importantly I just enjoy my little Lyman collection ... and I do use them to reload with so updated info isn't a bad thing .
Gary

gnappi
10-24-2020, 02:41 PM
Thanks, I kinda / sorta expected that.