PDA

View Full Version : Pietta Cimarron Pistolero Questions

geo57
10-21-2020, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know if Pietta now uses coil springs inside the mechanism ( hand spring, bolt/trigger spring, etc ) on their currently made Cimarron Pistolero model ? I do believe the main spring is still a leaf type. Among you owners of the Frontier, mainly in .45 Colt are you generally happy with yours as far as reliability, durability, workmanship, it's overall function, etc ? Biggest complaints if any ? Thanks.

Chemoman
10-22-2020, 09:48 AM
buy uberti and their will be no need for your questions.forget pietta. oh boy now i will get it from pietta owners, i will still stand by what i replied.

geo57
10-22-2020, 12:09 PM
I would consider Uberti if they had not gone to the retractable firing pin. As far as any coil springs inside now I have never heard if they use them too now or not but it is rumored that the Pietta 1873 SA's now do. Uberti also makes some models that are stamped " 45 LC " which I don't care for over the favored " 45 Colt " marking found on the current Pietta Cimmaron Frontier.

fatelk
10-23-2020, 01:21 AM
I don't know about the Frontier, but I do have a Cimarron Pistolero. I had always heard that Uberti was superior to Pietta, and have several Uberti cap and ball revolvers, avoiding Pietta. I had long wanted a Peacemaker clone but never spent the money, until I found a great deal on a brand new Pistolero. It's made by Pietta so I took a chance.

That was a couple years ago and I've put well over 500 rounds through it now. I honestly can't find a flaw in it. It shoots great and I love it. I read online somewhere that Pietta has really stepped up their game in recent years.

Good Cheer
10-23-2020, 05:29 AM
For what it's worth, the Pietta 1873 parts chart shows leaf springs.
And yes, Pietta has come a long way on improving their quality in a relatively short time.

45 Dragoon
10-23-2020, 09:11 AM
The only coil springs in Uberti's or Pietta's single actions will generally be the handspring. To get coil or "coil torsion" action springs, you have to start with Ruger. It is definitely the premier setup and is what you'll fine in BFR's and from Freedom Arms. But, you can also have the actions of Uberti's, Pietta's and any others converted to coils by certain "tuners". This includes Remington revolvers as well.

Mike

geo57
10-24-2020, 01:48 PM
Thanks to you last three posters. Appreciated.