PDA

View Full Version : Eero wifi gadget or not

shooterg
10-20-2020, 10:23 PM
Got issues - modem on one end of house, wife can't get WiFi now from the back bedroom . Need some kind of extender, had a NetGear whichy but when we went to a bundled service(Shentel) with phone/internet/TV the new modem has no WPS button so can't make the thing work. These Eero things are 'sposed to be plug and play ? Anybody here using any ? One at the modem work for a 1500 sf house or need multiples ?

JimB..
10-20-2020, 11:18 PM
I’d put two in, basically dividing the house into thirds. I wired mine, but most folks do not. I have 3 serving about 5,000sqft.

Setup was straightforward, but it’s been a year so they’ve probably changed it.

recumbent
10-21-2020, 06:39 AM
I have the 3 pack in my house. House is L shaped. They work great. Easy set up. Got them 10 months ago.

Lloyd Smale
10-21-2020, 06:48 AM
I know nothing about them but we have an appartment in the pole barn and to get netflicts on that tv we had to get one of those wifi amps. Im not even sure what wifi is but the wife got it right from the phone company we get our internet from for free and i know she had to go on line to find out how to activate it. It was just plug in and go.

GhostHawk
10-21-2020, 07:11 AM
Way back when when we had 2 laptops running wifi, + 2 phones + 2 Amazon Firestick's I put a booster down by the modem.

Then bought the bigger square Fire TV with a lan port, and ran a wire to it, another to my laptop.

No more problems. But it does need to be rebooted and reboot the cable modem about twice a year.

I have a new netgear twin antenna booster system waiting to replace it one of these days.

I suspect there are a lot of choices out there.

Froogal
10-21-2020, 07:32 AM
Got issues - modem on one end of house, wife can't get WiFi now from the back bedroom . Need some kind of extender, had a NetGear whichy but when we went to a bundled service(Shentel) with phone/internet/TV the new modem has no WPS button so can't make the thing work. These Eero things are 'sposed to be plug and play ? Anybody here using any ? One at the modem work for a 1500 sf house or need multiples ?

If it WAS working, but now it isn't, maybe all you need to do is unplug the power cord on the wifi unit, wait about 15 seconds, and plug it in again, then wait while it reboots.

MrWolf
10-21-2020, 08:23 AM
I have the Orbi three pack set I picked up at Costco. Mine allowed me to have internet in my garage 75' away. Works for me.