PDA

View Full Version : FYI (Central Illinois)...powder available

Kraschenbirn
10-20-2020, 04:33 PM
Just a head's up for anyone in the area. Stopped by Zancha's (15 miles east of Decatur) this afternoon. Plenty of powder in stock at prices only a buck or two higher than when I was last down there in January. Shelves were full with 8#s stacked on floor and a dozen cartons from Hodgen that came in this morning and handn't been unpacked. I picked up a couple pounds of AA#5 ($26/lb) for back-up on my existing stock. There were also a few boxes of primers on the shelf but no full cartons. Decent stock of guns (other than ARs), too.

Bill

mattw
10-20-2020, 05:39 PM
Did they have 2400?

tankgunner59
10-20-2020, 07:50 PM
I'm in central IL on the other side of the state. I don't have trouble finding powder, thanks, I am looking for the elusive primers. I have my name in at the LGS for 500 SRP's. If they get them in, they'll call but I have to get them quickly because they won't hold them very long. I might try to bounce it up to a brick.

Kraschenbirn
10-20-2020, 08:22 PM
Did they have 2400?

Wasn't looking for 2400...haven't opened the 4# jug I got from Graf's right before the panic hit...but they had a full shelf of assorted Alliant 1-pounders and I seem to recall seeing a jug of 2400 on the floor. Best bet would be to call and ask. It's a mom & pop operation and they're good folks.

Bill