PDA

View Full Version : One Happy Dad

Cargo
10-17-2020, 08:42 AM
Went out yesterday scrounging up primers and powder. The wife spotted a Ruger American Ranch in .300 BO and was taking a look at it, I go back to business digging around in the reloading supplies and then I hear "Momma can I hold it?". I turn around and my beautiful little 9yo girl is holding the Ruger and doing a good job. After putting the Ruger on layaway, we're leaving the store and my little girl looks at me and asks "Daddy, will you help me load ammo for it?"

I've been blessed in many ways over the years but that was a special moment.

MrWolf
10-17-2020, 09:03 AM
Good for you. My daughter is on the dark side because of her non working older boyfriend. Enjoy!

Parson
10-17-2020, 09:33 AM
Good for you. My daughter is on the dark side because of her non working older boyfriend. Enjoy!

I feel for you. At 79 I am naturally of old school but I absolutely cannot understand any woman being attracted to a guy who doesn’t have enough character and self respect to have a job but I see and hear it all the time

jdfoxinc
10-17-2020, 09:37 AM
My daughter was my shooting buddy till puberty set in. At 12 sha looked at me and said daddy I dont want to shoot anymore. My heart crumbled. Today she is a Bernie Sanders fan. I asked her where I went wrong. She answered you let me go to UNC and study theater.

Minerat
10-17-2020, 10:11 AM
Mine went to UNC came out education major and a Lib, but she grew up at about 35 and likes to shoot and votes Republican again.

Cargo
10-17-2020, 11:42 AM
You fellas are instilling fear and hope all at the same time. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best.

Minerat
10-17-2020, 12:03 PM
That's all you can do Cargo!

fatnhappy
10-17-2020, 12:28 PM
I am currently sitting down eating lunch at a Girl Scout camp. My 10 year old daughter just finished archery lessons and is headed to orienteering shortly. I’m literally the only man here.

While the girls were cycling on and off the range you’d be shocked how many of the mothers were asking me about firearms and how they could learn to shoot BB guns

I’m sitting here wondering how 25 girls have fathers that don’t value their daughters enough to teach them to protect themselves.

dverna
10-17-2020, 04:40 PM
That is a great caliber for a girl to learn with. It will not beat her up and good enough to hunt with if she decides she wants to hunt.

As to children, my son has also gone to the dark side and is voting for Biden. He has a few rifles, a pistol, and shotgun I have given him. Intelligent people can do stupid things.... I saw the writing on the wall when I offered to give him a Dillon 550 or 1050 and he had no interest.

David2011
10-17-2020, 05:05 PM
What a beautiful story. Should be posted on that Face site just to see liberal heads explode.

Winger Ed.
10-17-2020, 05:51 PM
Cool.

Before I got married the 2nd time, the soon to be new wife had a convicted felon older brother
that couldn't be any where near firearms when she was a kid growing up.
So there weren't any in the house.

In our early days, I asked her about her feelings on guns since I had several.
She said, "I want my own".

tommag
10-18-2020, 12:06 AM
Went out yesterday scrounging up primers and powder. The wife spotted a Ruger American Ranch in .300 BO and was taking a look at it, I go back to business digging around in the reloading supplies and then I hear "Momma can I hold it?". I turn around and my beautiful little 9yo girl is holding the Ruger and doing a good job. After putting the Ruger on layaway, we're leaving the store and my little girl looks at me and asks "Daddy, will you help me load ammo for it?"

I've been blessed in many ways over the years but that was a special moment.

:idea::drinks:

dangitgriff
10-18-2020, 07:50 AM
Helping your daughter develop a love of firearms well before a love of boys seems like a monumental WIN-WIN, in my opinion!
Congratulations!