PDA

View Full Version : Arthritis

abunaitoo
10-16-2020, 02:09 AM
I have a feeling arthritis is starting in my hands.
Stiff. Loss of strength. Shaking when writing. clumsy.
No loss of feeling. No pain.
Need to let the Doc know at the next check up.
Getting old sucks

wch
10-16-2020, 02:31 AM
Aging is one of your two options and the alternative is dire.

GregLaROCHE
10-16-2020, 04:40 AM
I changed my diet and my arthritis greatly improved.

10-x
10-16-2020, 08:22 AM
Have it in most my joints, Curcumin helps unless start thinking I’m 40 again, lol. Turmeric spice is the base, good for you too.

john.k
10-16-2020, 08:29 AM
My arthritic ,worn knees improved greatly when I was about 30 lbs lighter ....unfortunately ,Im now back to over 200lbs,and bad knees also getting worse......I just like to eat things that taste nice......There is no doubt the secret to losing weight is to have nothing in the house you like to eat.

gbrown
10-16-2020, 09:25 AM
I have a little in the spine, results of trying to be superman in my youth. Had back surgery, fusion and laminectomy, pain gone, but legs still don't work a 100%. As a friend said, "It was a lot more fun being 20 in the '70s than 70 in the 20s."

375supermag
10-16-2020, 01:00 PM
Hi...
I have radiation induced arthritis in my neck from way too many radiation treatments for cancer.
Pain makes it difficult to hold my head up at times. The worst part is that when it is really bad I can't concentrate on anything until the pain subsides.
Some days I have no arthritis pain at all, some days it is constant. As time goes on, the pain free days are becoming fewer and fewer.

abunaitoo
10-16-2020, 03:12 PM
I really should shed some pounds.
Eat less goodies.

Eddie17
10-16-2020, 03:29 PM
Would like to hear what your change in diet worked for you! Interested?

GregLaROCHE
10-16-2020, 04:21 PM
I started what they call a ketogenic diet at the beginning of the year. Low carbohydrates and high fat. New science has proven that eating fat does not make you fat. It’s all the carbohydrates we consume that make us fat and give us diabetes. What they said was healthy fifty years ago was all wrong. I don’t want to preach about this diet here, but my results have been incredible. If you want more information about it, PM me and I’ll tell you more about it. Otherwise, there’s lots about it on YouTube.

Mr Peabody
10-16-2020, 08:13 PM
My father always said 'Your days coming!' he was right, it sucks

DocSavage
10-16-2020, 08:33 PM
Are you sure it's arthritis and not carpel tunnel,had carpel tunnel and symptoms were very similar surgery helped but I still can't do things that require dexterity for any length of time.

Screwbolts
10-17-2020, 08:41 AM
Diet can and does make a huge difference!

Stop eating Gluten PERIOD, it is an inflammatory!! Stop EATING gluten, it is unhealthy on many levels! Just cutting out gluten can and will help with obesity, the body cant digest gluten so it thinks you are starving and builds fat to avoid starvation, just because it cant utilize and was never supposed to digest gluten..

My wife and I went gluten free 8 yrs ago and that in itself relieved much discomfort and allowed more movement.

Get the book " Grain Brain " By Dr David Pertloffe " and read it, just owning it will do you little value!

Ken