PDA

View Full Version : Herretts Stocks

murf205
10-15-2020, 05:19 PM
I just got off the phone with Herretts Stocks in Idaho Falls and the lady (Robin) told me that she was definitely still in business despite the rumors to the contrary. They are moving to a new location so the production will be slow for a while but they are still in business, that goodness. I am pretty sure my 25-5 is going to have to wear a set.

megasupermagnum
10-15-2020, 11:24 PM
I just got off the phone with Herretts Stocks in Idaho Falls and the lady (Robin) told me that she was definitely still in business despite the rumors to the contrary. They are moving to a new location so the production will be slow for a while but they are still in business, that goodness. I am pretty sure my 25-5 is going to have to wear a set.

That's good news, but the word of their closing was not rumors. They had been telling people for months they were closing. I had called them back around February asking for a custom, and they told me they were not taking custom orders at that time, and would be shutting down permanently in a few months. They had been doing usual work non-custom fitting work all this time.

Divil
10-16-2020, 12:35 AM
Curious to see which is the reality with Herretts . A Colt new service with Herrett finger groove Jordan Trooper stocks is on my dream list of revolvers to own.

murf205
10-16-2020, 09:08 AM
That's good news, but the word of their closing was not rumors. They had been telling people for months they were closing. I had called them back around February asking for a custom, and they told me they were not taking custom orders at that time, and would be shutting down permanently in a few months. They had been doing usual work non-custom fitting work all this time.

Yeah, that is what she told me. Evidently their future was a bit shaky for a time and it sounded like it had something to do with their location but they are in the process of moving to a new building. Glad to hear they are still in business and have the problems sorted out.

RJM52
10-16-2020, 10:11 AM
That is really good to hear....

A couple of years ago weren't they bought up by one of the big conglomerates like Freedom Group...

Bob

murf205
10-16-2020, 08:50 PM
I'm not sure, but you can ask Remington and Marlin how that works out for you when a mega group buys you out. Or better still, ask the employees how it works out!

Goldstar225
10-17-2020, 09:45 PM
That's great news. I was about to order a set of Ropers from them earlier this year when the word went out that they had closed shop. I'll be getting in touch. Thanks for the information.

salvadore
10-18-2020, 01:38 PM
I thought I got the last pair. When I got them I called to see if I could order another set the gent said they were sweeping out their shop and closing up. Happy to hear the operation continues. I ordered Roper stocks for my model-28....what a difference.

historicfirearms
10-18-2020, 09:34 PM
Glad to hear they are still open. Got a a set of herret ropers for my 29 and they are great!