PDA

View Full Version : Magsafe self-defense ammo

Ghugly
12-08-2008, 06:36 AM
This is not an advertisement, not even close. And I really don't want to start the usual battle that happens whenever self defense loads are the topic. But, this just seems silly.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=55751

I especially enjoyed the comment toward the bottom of the page, where the user declares this to be the best stuff ever:

"Wicked, devestating round, blows a 2" hole in a pumpkin, with no exit hole. The BEST for in home use."

I will be the first to admit that I am pretty old fashioned about some things. It's going to take more than this to convince me that I ought to trade out my 240gr. hollow-pointed .44 Keiths for these things. And, I'm pretty damned certain that my old, obsolete, home casted Keiths will go through that pumpkin. I'm also pretty well convinced that said pumpkin's life of crime will be at an end.

missionary5155
12-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Good morning No battle from me.... I personally LIKE a big heavy soft lead slug...

monadnock#5
12-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Sorry, I can't get past the $2 a round to pay much attention to the hype.

Tell me something. How are you able to shoot with that cat clamped to your trigger finger? :-D

Ghugly
12-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Sorry, I can't get past the $2 a round to pay much attention to the hype.

Tell me something. How are you able to shoot with that cat clamped to your trigger finger? :-D

Good point. Seems to me, at $2 a pop, it ought to go through a pumpkin.

Oh. Not my finger, but don't try getting that hot dog away from him.

imashooter2
12-08-2008, 08:06 AM
There's a guy on the S&W forum who's sig line I like:

"Shot placement is King, adequate penetration is Queen. All else is angels dancing on the heads of pins."

Bret4207
12-08-2008, 09:38 AM
The Sportsmans Guide isn't exactly known for percision description of their products. I do believe he could give GL Heter a run for his money!

James C. Snodgrass
12-08-2008, 09:50 AM
My thinkin' on home defense is first of pick a good place to build said house . If I live in a neighborhood that requires me to use this kinda ammo I'm movin' . Like you guys big bullets at a decent speed equals success . And a 12 ga. trumps a punk any time . James[smilie=1:

FN in MT
12-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Bret4207.......Your comment made me laugh!! I thought about the same thing. "Almost as much BS as the old Herter catalogs" , was my thought.

The home defense and the BEAR protection threads REALLY get old.

On the HD threads where the guy is a Tactical Ted/Ninja wanna be I am so tempted to ask if he lives in Beruit or some other 3rd world **** hole.

FN in MT

S.R.Custom
12-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I dunno... that stuff seems to be just the ticket. If you anticipate a run-in with a renegade pumpkin. ;)

Kuato
12-10-2008, 04:26 PM
"You really can turn your .380 into .45 auto. "

LMAO!!!! Ya, if you pony up 500 more bucks & get a 45 auto..