PDA

View Full Version : Screw size and thread size needed

brstevns
10-12-2020, 11:03 AM
What is the size screw and thread for a British Enfield MK I III rifle ejector?

brstevns
10-12-2020, 04:14 PM
Finally found this at this link. Maybe it will be of help to others that needed this information, like me
https://www.enfield-rifles.com/screw-and-bolt-sizes-for-the-enfield_topic3330.html

samari46
10-13-2020, 01:26 AM
Liberty tree collectors should have this screw. And get two while your at it. Got one and two spares for my #4MKII and one fell on the rug in my den. Couldn't find it so used one of the spares. Couple weeks later stepped on it while wearing sox. One way of finding it. Had used powerful flashlight and magnetic grabber. Frank

MrWolf
10-13-2020, 05:38 AM
Liberty tree collectors should have this screw. And get two while your at it. Got one and two spares for my #4MKII and one fell on the rug in my den. Couldn't find it so used one of the spares. Couple weeks later stepped on it while wearing sox. One way of finding it. Had used powerful flashlight and magnetic grabber. Frank

I have one of those magnetic sweeper with wheels from HF. Used it many times inside and outside. Well worth it to me for when I drop stuff in the grass, etc.

samari46
10-14-2020, 12:10 AM
Have one of the hockey puck magnets on a stick. As usual couldn't find it when I needed it. Course when I stepped on it, I knew exactly what it was. Would have shown up sooner or later. Have a couple rare earth magnets that came out of computer hard drives. Those magnets are really strong. Next time will duct tape one on a dowel if something like that happens again. Frank

W.R.Buchanan
10-15-2020, 03:13 PM
The thread size is "8-35" which, is bastard. However I have made several of these from 8-36 NF Screws which are close enough to thread into the hole. Unfortunately 8-36 screws are getting rather scarce and Mc Master-Carr doesn't even list them any more.

Go to Brownell's for them.

I had to make an Extended Ejector Screw for my #4 Mk1 with the Redfield Olympic Rear sight. The mount was thicker and I had to make an Ejector .060 longer than stock. The Socket Head Screw in the mount is the Ejector. see Pic.

Randy

brstevns
10-15-2020, 07:07 PM
The thread size is "8-35" which, is bastard. However I have made several of these from 8-36 NF Screws which are close enough to thread into the hole. Unfortunately 8-36 screws are getting rather scarce and Mc Master-Carr doesn't even list them any more.

Go to Brownell's for them.

I had to make an Extended Ejector Screw for my #4 Mk1 with the Redfield Olympic Rear sight. The mount was thicker and I had to make an Ejector .060 longer than stock. The Socket Head Screw in the mount is the Ejector. see Pic.

Randy

Thanks, good thing to know.

john.k
10-16-2020, 02:35 AM
The #1 rifle ,Lee from 1888,Lee Metford ,.Lee Enfield ,and the SMLE rifles use a special thread of Enfield form ,.1656x37tpi.......The #4 rifles are different ,using more industry standard threads..........so ,for a No1 /MkIII rifle ,the thread is .1656"x37tpi.