PDA

View Full Version : Casting .50AE and PC

o416
10-09-2020, 01:28 AM
Hello!

So I have read a lot of opinions on this but there doesn't seem to be much consensus.

I want to cast .50AE with a NOE mold, that is NOT gas checked, and powder coat them.

Given the gas system on a Desert Eagle, many say this is a bad idea due to blockage.

What do you guys think? Can a PC boolit be used in a Desert Eagle?

Gone_rabid
10-09-2020, 08:50 AM
Shooting cast through the deagle shouldn't be any different than any other gas operated gun, perfect example AR’s. I personally haven’t had any issue with an AR but you always see the differences in opinion on this issue. Cast, load, shoot and have fun.

What grain were you considering? How do they fare with heavy bullets/Boolits? I consider one every once in a while but the cost to play stops me in my tracks.

kreuzlover
10-09-2020, 09:42 AM
An Ar's gas system can be CLEANED, very hard to clean the Desert Eagles gas system, and once it's clogged, you pretty much have a very heavy hand operated single shot. Just use what the makers say to use in it, and be happy.

o416
10-09-2020, 10:18 PM
Any other thoughts here?

rockrat
10-10-2020, 10:06 AM
If you do shoot PC, perhaps run a few jacketed thru it now and then to "blow" the gas system out. This is what I plan to do in my DE 44.