PDA

View Full Version : New Herretts for 27-2

Patrick L
10-08-2020, 08:07 PM
Last June, I ordered a set of Herrett Ropers for my 6" 27-2. The nice lady explained they were in the process of closing, but didn't know how long they would remain open. She said I could place an order, but they wouldn't take payment info. IF they got to my order before they closed, they would call for payment info. I crossed my fingers and prayed. In early September the called and said they could get mine in. So, today I received these stocks. Roper style, oil finish, and upgraded wood (I figured since these were going to be one of the last Herretts made, go for it!)

https://i.imgur.com/RMXMNRd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/y9z3b42.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hbcU05o.jpg

Took two of the second shot, wasn't sure about the lighting.

I think they're stunning. Can't wait to shoot it now!

Rodfac
10-08-2020, 09:47 PM
Wow...beautiful wood...which model did you settle on? Rod

Patrick L
10-08-2020, 10:39 PM
These are the Ropers. I was on the fence between these and Jordan Troopers, and the input I received leaned towards these for an N frame.

I'm thrilled, they feel superb. Herrett's still asks for a tracing of your shooting hand.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot them this weekend.

ddixie884
10-08-2020, 11:04 PM
Congrats on getting the Herrets before they closed. Good Job.......

Silver Jack Hammer
10-09-2020, 01:19 AM
What a great gun, the Model 27 was THE pistol in it’s day and should not be treated anything less than 1st class today. You got the right grips, and the right front sight. Well done Sir!

Walks
10-09-2020, 03:34 AM
That's Hard News. Blasted Shame
I have 5 sets of Herretts most Shooting Stars.

Ia.redneck
10-10-2020, 01:57 PM
Beautiful grips on a great gun! Congratulations!
Hate to hear of Herretts closing.

murf205
10-10-2020, 06:15 PM
Artistry in wood, I only wish I had ordered a set for my 27-2. Yours are a beauty. I sure hate to hear about an icon in the sport closing.

smithnframe
10-10-2020, 07:34 PM
Very nice.......what did you do with the original grips?

Patrick L
10-11-2020, 07:14 AM
Murf205, give them a call. Apparently they will keep operating until they get a buyer for the property. You may get as lucky as I did.

smithnframe, I packed them away with the rest of my grip collection. One never knows when one might adopt another naked child (or one wearing rubber pants.)

357Mag
10-11-2020, 11:14 AM
Patrick -

Howdy !

GLad to read that you received your stocks.

I have twice gone w/ " Jordan Troopers " for my "N" frame carry gun. The most recent set are Goncalo Alves, and they are just superb !

My revolver is a former NYSP M-520 , w/ 4" custom full-bull barrel, milled down right side of trigger guard, combat trigger, bobbed hammer; and manganese phosphate finish. Action work by Dave Schwarze of NE Indiana.

The "Troopers" work well, especially when I carry the gun in the small of my back; inside a stretched M-19 Bianchi " Pistol Pocket ".

With regards,
357Mag

Cosmic_Charlie
10-11-2020, 09:08 PM
Very nice!

leadhead
10-15-2020, 05:55 PM
Just heard there not closing, there just moving to a different location.
Denny

LeonardC
10-15-2020, 07:51 PM
I am sorry to hear of their closing.

My Father put their stocks on his K22 that now sits in my safe. His hands were a little larger than mine, but the stocks still fit me very well. It's the first handgun I got to shoot, so it has special meaning to me.

After my Aunt's husband passed she offered me one of his handguns. I chose his M15; it came with factory grips. I cleaned the gun up and ordered Shooting Star stocks for it. I'd sent in my hand outline and the stocks fit me very well.

Edit: just read the other Herrett post. My frown turned into a big smile!

megasupermagnum
10-15-2020, 08:18 PM
Just heard there not closing, there just moving to a different location.
Denny

Does this mean they sold? I sure would like to see Herrett's continue.