PDA

View Full Version : Maverick shotguns bbls

corvette8n
12-07-2008, 05:05 PM
I was thinking about getting a 12ga pump Maverick by Mossberg. Can I put a slug barrel on this thing. Local place has them in sale.

Rich S
12-13-2008, 11:35 AM
i have a few Mossberg 500's and recently aquired a maverick, the Fit-N-Finish on the maverick is not quite as good and perhaps it won't have the mossberg's longevity but i have swapped barrels and that works fine, i'd bet stocks would interchange too but the internals are a little different
i'd say for moderate use or as a summerhouse or truck gun the maverick should do fine if you shoot it a bunch then the M-500 may be the better choice for a few more bucks.
Regards,
Rich

missionary5155
12-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Greetings I have a Maveric here and have two Mossy barrels that interchange without any tussle. As stated above there is no frame difference just cosmetics.. I regularly shoot .685 Round ball out of mine and it holds together just fine.

yondering
12-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Yep, the Maverick and the Mossberg are pretty much the same gun. Biggest difference I can tell (I have both) is the Maverick has the safety in the trigger guard instead of on the reciever. Probably saves a little bit of machining cost.
Most of the internal parts interchange too. I can't see any reason why the Maverick would be less strong than the Mossberg 500. I shoot slugs in my Maverick all the time, with a Mossberg slug barrel.