PDA

View Full Version : Help with Lyman 45

artu44
10-02-2020, 03:02 AM
I got brass ring stuck to the bottom of the reservoir and I'm still trying to remove it. In the meanwhile I looked for a new 450 or 4500 o-rings piston but Lyman is out of stock and god knows when a backorder will be shipped. Can you suggest some other source for that? Thanks a lot.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-03-2020, 12:23 PM
you can try putting the sizer in the freezer, then "turn" the pressure screw out while the Press in not mounted. Once the pressure screw is almost all the way out the bottom, but still having some treads engaged with the pressure nut, you can heat up the reservoir tube and lube, and then push the pressure nut out using the pressure screw.

If Lyman is out of stock, due to Covid19 most likely, I can't imagine you will find one, unless you can find a used one from a member here. with that said, I actually prefer the brass sleeve style pressure nuts, you just have to be careful with the amount of heat applied and the amount of pressure applied.

artu44
10-04-2020, 02:00 AM
you can try putting the sizer in the freezer, then "turn" the pressure screw out while the Press in not mounted. Once the pressure screw is almost all the way out the bottom, but still having some treads engaged with the pressure nut, you can heat up the reservoir tube and lube, and then push the pressure nut out using the pressure screw.

If Lyman is out of stock, due to Covid19 most likely, I can't imagine you will find one, unless you can find a used one from a member here. with that said, I actually prefer the brass sleeve style pressure nuts, you just have to be careful with the amount of heat applied and the amount of pressure applied.

Thanks a lot. I was able to remove the brass ring and, being a 3/8x20 unobtainable my idea is to cut a groove in the original piston for a suitable single o-ring waiting for Lyman backorder.