PDA

View Full Version : Small game season opener

hawkenhunter50
10-01-2020, 08:54 PM
Anyone's small game season open today? If so did you go out and did you have success? Ours opened today but have to work so didn't make it out. This past weekend we had our 2 day youth only pheasant hunt. I took both my boys out on Saturday but amazingly the DEC didn't stock any pheasants in my unit. Checked their website and it says only stocking for regular season. Kind of defeats the whole youth hunt. Me and my sons look forward to that hunt each year more than any other hunt except perhaps deer and spring turkey. Also was out for 9 hours between Saturday and Sunday and didn't run into any other hunters out with their kids. Might not be much need for DEC in the future.

CastingFool
10-01-2020, 11:04 PM
Michigan's archery season opened today. I don't bowhunt, but managed to see and watch 8 bucks feed in a field across the road from me, late this afternoon when I went to retrieve our empty trash can. About 3 of the bucks looked like they had nice width to their racks.

375supermag
10-02-2020, 12:02 PM
Hi...
Here in Pennsylvania they opened squirrel season on Sept. 12.
I have no interest in sitting in the woods at 80°F to hunt squirrels.
I will wait until we get a shot of cold weather, hopefully with a good hard frost before I do any squirrel hunting.
Just my opinion...others may do as they please.

Geezer in NH
10-03-2020, 08:47 PM
Most small game and furbearers opened 10-1 in NH but still to warm and to many leaves till around the 12-15th of the month.

We still have not hunted SQ's yet do to the temps. I like below 32 f in the mornings to hunt.

robg
10-04-2020, 08:14 AM
we have been in lock down on and off all year so i cant travel to where i can shoot game and to put icing on the cake our tunnel range is shut <Barry shooting centre>.

hawkenhunter50
10-06-2020, 11:53 AM
Got out with my boys again over the weekend. Oldest son took 2 pheasants. I missed a rabbit and a pheasant. We got to watch a real nice black bear too. Saw it probably a hundred yards off, and was able to sneak up a little closer to watch it. That made the day.