PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg Model L

abunaitoo
09-22-2020, 10:32 PM
I've always been interested in this rifle.
Kind of a strange one for a Mossberg.
Seems like they are hard to find stamped Mossberg.
Who else sold these under their own name?????
Anyone have one?????
Comments on it????

Jedman
09-22-2020, 10:41 PM
I have looked for one at a reasonable price for years now and have seen maybe a half a dozen mostly on a auction website and none have gone for less than about $ 550 and to me they are not worth that.
For that same money I can find many martini rifles in 22 rimfire in as nice or better condition than the model L’s that I have seen. They were designed as a low end rifle and are no where near the quality of a martini, but to a collector may be more desirable.

Jedman

abunaitoo
09-24-2020, 04:52 AM
It's just a strange one.
Take down, falling block, lever action looking.
Someone else made a single shot, falling block, lever action looking rifle, looks like a cowboy rifle.
Forget who.
Friend had one for sale.
Just didn't interest me like the Model L does

Jedman
10-07-2020, 11:11 AM
I own one of the single shot lever action 22 rifles you are referring to. There were several brands that put their name on them but they were all made by Erma in Germany and imported. The one I have is probably the lowest priced model of all of them as it is a Sears Ted Williams rifle and does not have the phony magazine tube under the barrel like the Ithaca M 49 has. They were also made in 22 magnum and deluxe models with checkered walnut etc.
Mine has the light colored wood and pressed checkering but it is a shooter ! I have a forward mounted pistol scope on mine 2 X and at normal squirrel hunting ranges you can shoot their eye out with it. At 50 yards it will group in to 1/2” with the ammo it likes. Not bad for a rifle that sold for under $ 20.00.

Jedman