PDA

View Full Version : blemished lee challenger press

farmbif
09-21-2020, 08:35 PM
mail lady brought me a box from LEE today. in it a shiny new red lee challenger press they had listed in closeout section on the web site at 60% off original msrp.
it sure does look perfect to me can't find anything that doesn't look right, the primer arms and arm mounting parts are in a new sealed package but on top of the box written in sharpie is says "reconditioned"

ill mount it to a bench later this week and give it a little work out and give it a review as well as I'm able

RKJ
09-21-2020, 09:19 PM
When I first started reloading I got a 3 hole Turret press that was a blemish. I believe I paid 50% of their retail price. Never did see anything wrong with that press, used it for 2-3 years before I upgraded and it worked like a charm.

Shawlerbrook
09-22-2020, 07:26 AM
Sounds like a great deal .

jmorris
09-22-2020, 09:32 AM
Reconditioned products are generally a product that has bee purchased and subsequently returned to the factory because of a defect.

At that point they can scrap it and loose all of the principal investment or repair/replace the defective component and sell it again, refurbished.

You should see no difference between a refurbished item and a new one in operation.

“Blemished” refers to a new item that has “cosmetic” damage that doesn’t effect function. Stains on brass and bullets, “scratch and dent” or “display” sales, hail damage sales etc.

Three44s
09-22-2020, 10:04 AM
Good value for your dollar!

Good on you!

Three44s

jimkim
09-23-2020, 03:36 PM
I know it's a different product, but it may apply here too. When I owned a mobile audio shop I ordered some blemished 6.5" Cerwin Vega and JBL coax speakers. The distributor had a roof leak at the warehouse. And a few thousand boxes got wet. They reboxed them in plain white boxes and sold them as blemished. The speakers were untouched. The interior packaging, was untouched. At $15.00 a pair , I couldn't pass it up. Anyway, you never know what blemish to which they're referring.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk