PDA

View Full Version : lyman 429303

milltownhunter
12-06-2008, 10:56 AM
does anybody know were i can buy a seater plug or seater die for the lyman 429303 bullet?

EDK
12-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Call Lyman.

Check web sites for GRAFS, MIDWAYSUSA, BUFFALO ARMS, NATCHEZ SHOOTERS SUPPLY, MIDSOUTH, etc. Cliffs gunsmithing has a lot of old/discontinued stuff too.

Try Lathesmith or Buckshot....those guys are good...this would be a "no brainer" for either of them.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

NSP64
12-06-2008, 04:47 PM
I used an old seater plug I had and filled it with a 'metel putty' style paste then positioned a boolit in it till hard. Seated without damaging point.

azrednek
12-13-2008, 02:44 AM
I ordered the seater plugs from Lee. Lee wants you to send them a sample boolit. Their website said something like 4 weeks but I got mine back in about a week from the day I mailed the sample boolits. If you don't have Lee dies, your die's manufacture might be able to make something or possibly you can order the entire seating die from Lee.

http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1229150985.854=/html/catalog/custom.html#CUSTOMPISTOL

With my 357 spire point I found an old Herters brand rifle seater die that worked without damaging the point. The rifle's seater plug had enough taper to seat the 357 boolit without touching the tip. I seated the boolit then crimped later with the correct Lee Factory Crimp die. I never tried it with the 44 but you might check your rifle seating dies and see if you have a seating plug that might fit.

wildbill49
12-15-2008, 02:17 PM
If you are still looking that that top punch, here it is at Lyman's site [url]http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/bullet-casting/top-punches.php

I've used this boolit and its little brother 35793 for years. They were designed for target shooting with a good wadcutter shoulder, but with the gas check you can get some pretty good velocities and it will punch through metal, such as old style heavy bumpers.

Hope this is of some help.