PDA

View Full Version : Lbt style molds

DirtyDusty
09-17-2020, 12:43 PM
If a man was wanting to purchase some molds for a.45 colt in 260gr and 320gr. in a wln or wfn, Is there another manufacturer that has comparable offerings?

farmbif
09-17-2020, 01:08 PM
there has never been the options in molds available from custom mold makers as we have today off the top of my head there is LBT, accurate molds, mountain molds, NOE, arsenal, Mp-molds, lee, RCBS, Saeco and Lyman.

mattw
09-17-2020, 01:25 PM
I assume that there are options for the LBT style, have not looked have the one from LBT that I really wanted. Far right is a 230 grain OWC. They do cast like a dream and are well built, sprue plate is a little odd but works fine.

MT Chambers
09-17-2020, 01:25 PM
The best place to get LBT style molds is........wait for it............LBT.

DirtyDusty
09-17-2020, 01:26 PM
I was referring more to the bullet design. I have some wfn a guy cast for me, that came out of an LBT mold. I would like something similar, but not sure about LBTs lead times.

Taterhead
09-17-2020, 01:56 PM
LBT molds are the easiest to cast with for me. So well ventilated, and the sprue plate opens easier than others I've used.

Ordering lead times are a crap shoot. He's old school. The order form is printed and completed by pen, then a check/money order is mailed to very remote Idaho. No communication from Veral. In my case, anywhere from 10 days to 5 weeks later, a mold arrives in the mailbox.

I am glad I paid a bit more and waited, because my LBT molds are treasures.

Accurate will cut just about any profile you want (unless you need something without a flat nose). So you could get an LBT clone there in the mold material and cavity numbers that you prefer.

DirtyDusty
09-17-2020, 03:51 PM
Thanks

LBT molds are the easiest to cast with for me. So well ventilated, and the sprue plate opens easier than others I've used.

Ordering lead times are a crap shoot. He's old school. The order form is printed and completed by pen, then a check/money order is mailed to very remote Idaho. No communication from Veral. In my case, anywhere from 10 days to 5 weeks later, a mold arrives in the mailbox.

I am glad I paid a bit more and waited, because my LBT molds are treasures.

Accurate will cut just about any profile you want (unless you need something without a flat nose). So you could get an LBT clone there in the mold material and cavity numbers that you prefer.

Maven
09-17-2020, 06:38 PM
+1 to Taterhead's assessment of LBT moulds. Here's a pic of the results of a 460gr. .459" PB LBT CB from my .45-70 @ 50 yd.

Taterhead
09-18-2020, 04:33 PM
+1 to Taterhead's assessment of LBT moulds. Here's a pic of the results of a 460gr. .459" PB LBT CB from my .45-70 @ 50 yd.

Hey, GREAT shooting!

Maven
09-18-2020, 06:20 PM
Thanks, th!

barnabus
09-23-2020, 06:04 AM
Veral (LBT) takes FOREVER if you get it at all. Id never use LBT again for anything. I use Accurate and always get a great mould fast.

cowboy4evr
09-23-2020, 11:32 AM
I have purchased countless molds from Veral @ LBT Molds and never had a long wait period . In fact just 2 months ago I ordered a new one , took a couple of weeks . His molds are the best IMHO and I have tried molds from most of those listed above . Tom @ Accurate does a pretty good job as well , has a better selection . His wait time currently is 3 weeks . Regards Paul

boatswainsmate
09-23-2020, 03:47 PM
Here are the LBT molds I recently got at auction and haven't had time to shoot yet. Top Quality and interesting designs.
https://i.ibb.co/y587B4t/DSCN5448.jpg (https://ibb.co/gwDhF4N)