12-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Check this video out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g06a6RWC4A

ihunts2much
12-05-2008, 09:12 PM
This guy makes slugs out of a board with a hole drilled in it.:drinks:

chrisx1
12-06-2008, 04:32 PM
I'm sure there are several on this forum that are holding their toungues....

Several safety concernes in this video that should be addressed.

That being said, the thing that this video does demonstrate - you can get accuracy from ANY cast boolit. You don't have to have all the fancy equipment that a lot of us have, you just need to be persistant with the load workup, and get out there and shoot.

This kid has shot a bajillion slugs through that gun, and he knows where it's going to hit when he pulls the trigger. You can do that too if you practice.

We need to give him a few pointers on safety though.....

357maximum
12-31-2008, 03:24 AM
Thats basically how I started...cept he has better equipment[smilie=1:. I did wear glasses though. I learned real quick ..if you gonna dump molten lead into a board...make durn sure that board has no moisture in it.....ouch glasses saved my eyes, but I did look like a bad case of herpes for a bit.

missionary5155
12-31-2008, 06:06 AM
Good morning I did a similar stunt with a motor cycle cable. The clutch hadle end pulled off the cable. I drilled a piece of old Tornio wood (local oak) cable size redrilled for the hub. Coat the cable end with a good flux and insert. My first atempt was not pretty. But it works.
SNAP CRACKLE ans POP !
God Bless you all.

Willbird
12-31-2008, 03:34 PM
The gunsmith I have known since I was a little kid told me he made some slugs for a muzzle loading shotgun when he was 10 or 12 by the same method, holes drilled in a board and poured full of molten lead, he said they didn't work too bad for as easy as they were to make :-).

However I did NOT know that WW were made of a softer alloy than chilled lead shot ;-)