PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal Molds : Perfection

Slingin'Lead
09-16-2020, 11:52 AM
Hello everyone.

The night before last I had the most enjoyable casting session I've had in the 6 months I've been casting.

I ordered two molds from Arsenal a while back and finally got the chance to really use them. Even though I cast for other calibers, I'm a self-confessed 9mm junkie. The molds are a 358-125 PC and a 358-135 RF.

After applying all the cleaning and break-in techniques you guys have taught me both molds performed absolutely flawlessly. I was casting beautiful boolits by the 3rd fill and the boolits fell free as soon as I opened the mold. It was amazing. These are the first "custom" molds I've owned and I kick myself for not taking the plunge sooner. I weighed a dozen or so from each mold and, with straight coww, they dropped boolits at an average of 125.9 and 136.2 respectively.

Finally, the service I received from Arsenal was exemplary in every way. I had the molds 12 days after placing my order. Jared is a great guy and really wants to please the customer.

jaysouth
09-17-2020, 12:19 AM
They don't have the selection that others do. However, it seems that every mold I lust after from NOE is always out of stock. Arsenal makes your mold to order in two weeks or less. Top price of 5 cavity aluminum is $83. I have two and love them.

M.A.D
09-17-2020, 07:07 AM
I just wish they replied to emails... I have two of their molds, Sent emails requesting info for more.... Never heard from them....

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-17-2020, 09:12 AM
my experience with Arsenal, one Group buy mold and one "custom" mold, has been a pleasure. I highly recommend them.

Targa
09-17-2020, 09:18 AM
I have one of their molds on the way. I guess I will see how good it is soon enough.

Slingin'Lead
09-17-2020, 12:08 PM
I'm not a machinist but, as a finish carpenter for many years, I definitely know quality craftsmanship when I see it and the molds I received are beautifully made.

As I mentioned, I haven't been casting for long and, therefore, I don't know the ins and outs of the various boolit designs yet so the types he has on hand are more than enough for me but as I learn more I may have to turn to another maker for a specific design. Thanks to all of you I know where to go.

Don Purcell
09-18-2020, 07:53 PM
Just got their .41 220 RF in a brass 4 cavity and like it. Haven't had time to do much accuracy testing though but looks promising if my 66 year old eyes would co-operate.

derek45
09-19-2020, 11:55 PM
I really love mine

great stuff

https://i.imgur.com/z1oEwmp.jpg