PDA

View Full Version : True Hero ...

Digger
09-14-2020, 04:40 PM
Copied from a face book post on the fires we are going thru ...

And we have the the audacity to idolize professional athletes ,musicians ,actors and actresses , etc...
I think we all need to re-evaluate what a TRUE hero is ....

Winger Ed.
09-14-2020, 04:43 PM
I've often wondered how our society became so steeped in stupidity.

Can it be part of a gas attack, or something that's been put in the water?

Dukeconnor
09-14-2020, 04:47 PM
It's been a long time since I have experienced that level of tired.

God bless them.

jdfoxinc
09-14-2020, 04:47 PM
Genetic.

Joe504
09-14-2020, 04:51 PM
Hard times create strong men...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WebMonkey
09-14-2020, 05:04 PM
I've often wondered how our society became so steeped in stupidity.

Can it be part of a gas attack, or something that's been put in the water?

soybeans

nasty stuff them soybeans

condorjohn
09-15-2020, 12:10 PM
Remember all those stories about con-trails? There ya go!

Budzilla 19
09-15-2020, 04:44 PM
Been there, done that!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT, i was a LOT younger, and in better shape!!! If you have never seen one of these fires up close and personal, OMG, it is frightening!!!!! It seems to have a mind of its own! Those men have my utmost respect and admiration for that job they do! Heroes all!!!!!!!

bedbugbilly
09-15-2020, 07:44 PM
As a former firefighter, I fought more than my share of what we termed as large wildfires where I lived . . . BUT NOTHING LIKE WHAT THESE FIRES ARE LIKE! Any way you cut it, those on the line are working often beyond their limits, graying some short rest and then right back at it again. Bad enough to fight a large fire but then add in the human loss as well as the loss of farm and wild animals and anyway you cut it, it hurts and scars your soul. I see coverage of the fires to a certain extent, coverage about the loss of life and the number of homes wiped out - but I have seen VERY LITTLE coverage about the men and women on the fire lines. Last I heard, there was much help from firefighters from other countries as well hoping out and each and every one of them deserve praise.

A number of years agp. the sum long time family friends of my wife's family was a "fire jumper" where they would be dropping in on large fires. A wonderful family, the family ran the local gas station for years and everyone in town knew them. He was among a number of the firefighters who were lost in a large fire in the west - they ended up making a movie about them but I can't remember the name. The fire wa was so severe and they got trapped so fast that the only thing the found was the son's belt buckle. These fires can change so qui8ckoy that a person can find themselves trapped with nowhere to go.

God Bless all of the men and women on the line. True heroes through and through who are not getting the credit they all deserve.

Gtrubicon
09-16-2020, 01:02 AM
Out here in California, most of these wildland fire fighters are seasonal, as soon as it rains they are unemployed. That is troubling to me, we depend on these hard working Folks every burn season, in hopes they return the next.

fcvan
09-16-2020, 01:35 AM
A number of years agp. the sum long time family friends of my wife's family was a "fire jumper" where they would be dropping in on large fires. A wonderful family, the family ran the local gas station for years and everyone in town knew them. He was among a number of the firefighters who were lost in a large fire in the west - they ended up making a movie about them but I can't remember the name. The fire wa was so severe and they got trapped so fast that the only thing the found was the son's belt buckle. These fires can change so qui8ckoy that a person can find themselves trapped with nowhere to go.

God Bless all of the men and women on the line. True heroes through and through who are not getting the credit they all deserve.

“Only the brave” was about the 19 Arizona hotshots lost, horrible tragedy. Last year, the American alliance of football, a failed spring football league, had a team in Arizona. They were aptly named the hot shots. One of the first things the team did was retire the number 19. All of the other names in that league we’re kind of lame, But I wanted to buy one of their jerseys just because of what it meant. I have known a lot of firefighters, fortunately never lost one, brave men and women for sure.