PDA

View Full Version : Need help locating a FFL, which forum should I use

azrednek
09-13-2020, 10:03 PM
I’m looking for a FFL and a NRA certified instructor in Grants Pass Oregon. Preferring to find a personal recommendation rather than a list from commercial sources. I recall about 10+ years ago locating an FFL for a board member in my town Phoenix Az. I just can’t remember the correct forum. If a moderator could guide me to the proper forum it will be deeply appreciated. THX in advance.

Shawlerbrook
09-14-2020, 07:25 AM
I think Gunbroker has a ffl search function and the NRA would be the place for instructors.

Dusty Bannister
09-14-2020, 02:25 PM
He is seeking a personal recommendation, not just "pick from a list".

Dusty Bannister
09-14-2020, 02:28 PM
He is seeking a personal recommendation, not just "pick from a list". Does anyone in or near Grants Pass have a good certified instructor and a reliable FFL dealer?

metricmonkeywrench
09-14-2020, 02:37 PM
With the DemoRat Guboner's new oppressive rules in place here in Virginia we have to do all transfers via a FFL, We have a local "gun trader" forum here that lists out places supporting the cause...

azrednek
09-15-2020, 03:28 AM
Thx Dusty and to all that responded. I was hoping to get a personal recommendation.

I’ve heard a few horror stories about trainers twisting the students arm into signing up for more training classes and making disparaging remarks about their gun in an attempt to sell them another. A friend of a friend’s wife walked out after what she claimed being humiliated in front of others because the instructor made fun of her and her Makarov pistol.

Ozark mike
09-15-2020, 03:34 AM
Take a shot at him with it he'll cease to make fun of it. Never owned one but its probably better than the hipoint him and his buddys carry.

fcvan
09-16-2020, 03:10 AM
Dusty, I know a fellow who is an instructor, retired LEO I worked with just over the border in CA. Due to fires, you can’t get there from here or vice/versa. As far as an FFL there in GP, don’t know, but there is a gunsmith/FFL I’ve dealt within Brookings, OR. PM for info