PDA

View Full Version : what to do when it's raining out

white eagle
09-12-2020, 03:57 PM
been raining for almost a week here
so what do we do when it's raining out ?
Make boolits,buy guns what else! :veryconfu

swamp
09-12-2020, 04:11 PM
I make a batch of shredded pork or beef.
swamp

Winger Ed.
09-12-2020, 04:12 PM
That works for me.

If I don't do any 'gun stuff', there isn't much else going on here except to watch 'willie' our 16 year old, 14 pound,
'tater tot' looking dog go from one safe hiding place to another when the thunder booms.

Newman (pictured) doesn't even seem to be aware of the storms, but willie is just beside himself when they come in.

Tripplebeards
09-12-2020, 04:22 PM
I changed my oil in the garage yesterday, hauled a pile of scrap metal off my hunting property to the dump in the pouring rain the day before, loaded some random bullets to try in my M1917 to plink with, and been canning fruit from my peach trees. I could go sit in my plastic, waterproof, hunting shack and bow hunt since it opened today...but I never see wall hangers till November and I have more deer meat in my freezer then I know what to do with right now.

skeettx
09-12-2020, 04:35 PM
Clean guns, reload ammo, cast bullets,

inventory powder,

I have been trying to use up those powders that I have that are
not replaceable W630, W680, H-450, PB, Win 452AA, Alcan-7 and others.
Figuring out loads for target shooting.

Mike

beezapilot
09-12-2020, 04:50 PM
I'm getting on a bit, so making a rolling gantry for the shop- move machinery pieces and engines and what not, just don't want to risk my back at my "advanced age" picking up and carrying heavy stuff. Got in some new equipment where I work that was crated with 3" X 4" timbers, so used a 100 plus year old Sargent plane to clean up and square the timbers, have yard sale casters and a salvage boat winch. Picked up a couple of bed frames - angle iron for reinforcement. Spending a rainy weekend assembling a "back saver".

white eagle
09-12-2020, 07:45 PM
I changed my oil in the garage yesterday, hauled a pile of scrap metal off my hunting property to the dump in the pouring rain the day before, loaded some random bullets to try in my M1917 to plink with, and been canning fruit from my peach trees. I could go sit in my plastic, waterproof, hunting shack and bow hunt since it opened today...but I never see wall hangers till November and I have more deer meat in my freezer then I know what to do with right now.

I should go bow hunting mama says we are out of venison and could use a big meat doe or two

Tripplebeards
09-12-2020, 08:49 PM
My neighbor just called me and asked permission to find a doe they just arrowed that crossed onto my land. The one that sits 15 yards off my fence line. They at least moved their stand out of sight last season. I have deer like mosquitoes on my property.

facetious
09-13-2020, 01:58 AM
I like to take a nap.

Ozark mike
09-13-2020, 02:56 AM
You would mention rain urahh im not lookin forward to the rainy season which will show up any time an continue till it turns to snow in November. I dont mind the snow but cant stand the rain.

DocSavage
09-13-2020, 08:09 AM
Start building an ark.

Ozark mike
09-13-2020, 08:14 AM
Bet my neighbors would love that. Heck they glared at me when i built my 14 ft skiff

elk hunter
09-13-2020, 09:05 AM
We can only hope it will rain soon to help put out the forest fires. Several small towns have been obliterated and at least two people have died. We have fires every summer but this is the worst I can remember. Where I live the fires haven't threatened us but the smoke has been horrible. I worry every day about friends and family that live near the fires. Come on rain!!!

Ozark mike
09-13-2020, 09:27 AM
Well i dont see it raining untill it warms up a little 29 and smokey

contender1
09-13-2020, 10:05 AM
Rainy day; Go to a gun show! (We did!)

facetious
09-13-2020, 12:55 PM
I'm getting on a bit, so making a rolling gantry for the shop- move machinery pieces and engines and what not, just don't want to risk my back at my "advanced age" picking up and carrying heavy stuff. Got in some new equipment where I work that was crated with 3" X 4" timbers, so used a 100 plus year old Sargent plane to clean up and square the timbers, have yard sale casters and a salvage boat winch. Picked up a couple of bed frames - angle iron for reinforcement. Spending a rainy weekend assembling a "back saver".

You will have to post a photo when you get done. I have thought of some thing like that but no where to use it.

white eagle
09-13-2020, 01:00 PM
Do pray for the people have to deal with the fires
it's not good

brass410
09-13-2020, 02:38 PM
get out my rain gear an see if it A is still water tight
B still fits
C I still look good in neoprene tights
D watch looks on peoples faces as I ride around aimlessly on lawn tractor towing 10 foot john boat (we"re right beside the highway 5 acres of grass to maintain)

Wayne Smith
09-13-2020, 06:43 PM
Work on one of the two bowls or other projects on the lathes (wood), inventory the liquors I have made and shake up the fig liquor that is in the works, make another pen on the small lathe if it is free, read a good book - two in the works now - need to make my aftershave again, and never run out of projects - I have 100 30-40 Krag cases to transform to 25 Krag, if it is raining it's low pressure so casting boolits is easier. I still need to make enough for my 45ACP to fill all the cases I have.

RKJ
09-13-2020, 07:00 PM
Read a book, take a nap, reload, or go to the range and shoot. It's got a 25,50,100 and 200 yard ranges all covered, and there's no-one else there.

BigAlofPa.
09-13-2020, 08:07 PM
I was going to take my milsurps out today. But it started to rain. So reloaded what i shot the last few outings.

farmbif
09-13-2020, 08:20 PM
I like the way white eagle thinks,
its raining
make some bullets and buy some guns
missed one step
gotta crank up the printing press to make some money, then buy guns

daengmei
09-13-2020, 08:35 PM
Many times I'll go to the public range in the rain and early year cold weather. It has only 6 shooter points but it's almost always empty in nasty weather. This range has been closed for addition of a pistol pit for the entire summer and should be finished the end of this month. There will be many shooters trying to use that range soon for deer rifle prep. I'm just south of Knob Creek too and the last trip there in May a LONG line was waiting for positions. All pistol shooters...now I see the schedule at Knob Creek has many CCDW classes...

I'm glad I've been shooting for many years but still like practice.