PDA

View Full Version : Deleting all posts and threads that I made

Traffer
09-11-2020, 05:00 AM
Is there a way to delete all the posts I have made and all the threads I started. And how do I shut down my account?

Ozark mike
09-11-2020, 05:08 AM
I guess you could ask a mod to do it. but why?

navyvet
09-11-2020, 07:18 AM
I asked about deleting a post of mine a couple of weeks ago. I was told post will not be deleted.

JimB..
09-11-2020, 07:20 AM
I don’t think so only because I’ve seen a user or two go through and try to delete their posts one at a time. In the end it’s futile, once it’s on the Internet it never really goes away. Probably best to just log out and not come back if that’s what you want.

Of course now that you’ve mentioned it, if the forum wants to keep what you’ve posted I suppose that they could just lock you out of your account.

Preacher Jim
09-11-2020, 07:23 AM
Traffer I for one would be sad to see you go. You would need to pm no1 to discuss that. Hope you change your mind.

dverna
09-11-2020, 11:46 AM
I know I have posted stuff I regret. So I understand wanting to "clean the slate" so to speak.

I have heard some people losing jobs due over what they have posted on the internet.

Hope things work out for you whether you stay or decide to leave.

Traffer
09-11-2020, 12:54 PM
Reason? I don't regret posting anything. But the powers here don't deserve my input. I'm outta here.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-11-2020, 01:22 PM
Traffer I for one would be sad to see you go. You would need to pm no1 to discuss that. Hope you change your mind.
Traffer,
I will also be sad if you leave, you have made some excellent posts about subjects few others have stepped into.
No_1 is the owner and the only person that can grant you your wish of being deleted.

BigAlofPa.
09-11-2020, 01:28 PM
Just take a break for awhile. I do that on some forums. When the trolls get out of control. Were fortunate here as far as the trolls go.

Traffer
09-11-2020, 01:59 PM
You know what they say about the door and hitting your **** on the way out

I have had "infractions" for using the same language here. Using @ and # yada yada is considered masking obscenity. Don't be surprised if you get banned for doing that.

No_1
09-12-2020, 07:55 AM
I have had "infractions" for using the same language here. Using @ and # yada yada is considered masking obscenity. Don't be surprised if you get banned for doing that.

So let me get this correct, you agree to abide by the site rules when you signed up but when you receive infraction(s) for failure to abide by your agreement to follow my rules you want to complain about the rules (that you agreed to) then leave? Help me understand your thinking.

JSnover
09-12-2020, 08:14 AM

I wasn't surprised when it happened to me and I didn't argue with the mods or quit the forum, I just never went back to The Pit (I think I'm still banned from there). Rules are for all of us. Stay if you can, go if you need to. :coffeecom

DougGuy
09-12-2020, 08:32 AM
If you type out the words and the word filter catches it and filters it with asterisks you are gold, if YOU type in the asterisks, OR you substitute other characters or letters, you are in violation of the rules. It was told to me to simply type out the words and let the word filter do it's thing. If it doesn't filter a word out, that word is not in it's filter list and you are still gold. Am I correct?

Der Gebirgsjager
09-12-2020, 10:23 AM
I'd hate to see you go, Traffer. You've added a lot to some interesting threads. Just roll with the punch and stick around! :!: This is a high quality forum because they run a tight ship on verbage and manners.

Minerat
09-12-2020, 10:46 AM
If you type out the words and the word filter catches it and filters it with asterisks you are gold, if YOU type in the asterisks, OR you substitute other characters or letters, you are in violation of the rules. It was told to me to simply type out the words and let the word filter do it's thing. If it doesn't filter a word out, that word is not in it's filter list and you are still gold. Am I correct?

Bingo, Yes sir, you are correct. It's really that simple!

toallmy
09-12-2020, 12:43 PM
Hang in there Traffer , don't take the infraction personally .
This is a great sight because of it's members and the way it's run including YOU .

Traffer
09-12-2020, 01:03 PM
So let me get this correct, you agree to abide by the site rules when you signed up but when you receive infraction(s) for failure to abide by your agreement to follow my rules you want to complain about the rules (that you agreed to) then leave? Help me understand your thinking.

Have you ever been arrested for J-walking? Same thing here.

Traffer
09-12-2020, 01:04 PM
I guess Loudy13 has been banned now also. Correct?

MrWolf
09-12-2020, 01:13 PM
I guess Loudy13 has been banned now also. Correct?

Actually I do not even see the post, only what you replied to quote. Do what you want and put your big boy pants on.

Traffer
09-12-2020, 02:52 PM
Actually I do not even see the post, only what you replied to quote. Do what you want and put your big boy pants on.
That hurt. Big Boy pants...wow. Going on a limb there.
Check post #10 to see what I was referring to.
The fact that it is no longer there MAY indicate that it was removed by mods for the dreaded "language" infraction.

slim1836
09-12-2020, 03:30 PM
I too have been dinged in the past, I just accepted it.

Slim

BigAlofPa.
09-12-2020, 03:38 PM
I had an infraction for over posting in swapping and selling. I did not get upset. I communicated with the moderator about it. Learnt i can put more than one item per post.

JimB..
09-12-2020, 05:04 PM
I got a time out over at Marlin Owners, didn’t go back for a while, tried last week and it looks like the place might have been sold and the forum software changed.

Infractions and a short time out are not the same as being banned. It’s a slap on the wrist, and it may be no more effective than deleting the offending post and sending a PM, but it’s what forum mods do. If they didn’t do it we’d have a real ****-show.

Traffer
09-12-2020, 07:16 PM
I got a time out over at Marlin Owners, didn’t go back for a while, tried last week and it looks like the place might have been sold and the forum software changed.

Infractions and a short time out are not the same as being banned. It’s a slap on the wrist, and it may be no more effective than deleting the offending post and sending a PM, but it’s what forum mods do. If they didn’t do it we’d have a real ****-show.

Yeah, it's like getting a speeding ticket for walking to fast.

slim1836
09-12-2020, 09:19 PM

Or getting a littering ticket for throwing a french fry out a car window. Birds gotta eat too.

Slim

JimB..
09-12-2020, 09:32 PM

Yeah, and it’s intentionally irritating. Just remembered that my issue over at Marlin was in the middle of something unrelated I said something like “that’s as dumb as thinking that free college, free food, or free housing are free” and got a ticket not for being insulting but for making a political statement.

Things here seem to be well moderated relative to most forums that are either not at all family friendly, are run by petty tyrants, or both.

Traffer
09-12-2020, 11:40 PM
My complaining is a combination of being angry followed by yanking the chain and having some fun. I usually get kicked out of places for trolling...which i enjoy immensely. I hate it when I get infractions for things I don't even realize I am doing. That's just too much for a feller to bear.

fatelk
09-13-2020, 01:59 AM
I've gotten a total of one infraction here over the years, for something I honestly didn't realize. It was a blow to the ego, as I normally consider myself an upstanding type (one speeding ticket in 30+ years of driving). I got over it pretty quick though. I've not been on many forums, but I have seen worse than here.

There is another forum that I left for good, never went back, just because of one guy. I asked an honest question about a gun, and had a good discussion going about it when a guy posted something out of left field about it. Myself and others ignored his comments and just kept discussing it. He got angry at being ignored, and got snippy. I replied politely that his opinion was nonsense. Another guy came along and defended his buddy, berating me in a very rude and condescending manner, tore me up one side and down the other. It was so over the top that I reported the post. *crickets* It turns out that he was a bigshot, a big man on the forum, and untouchable. I won't go back to a place like that. I've never seen that kind of thing here. Over the years I've seen some rude and condescending guys who legitimately know a lot, true fountains of knowledge but for whatever reason want to throw their weight around. Seems like they always end up banned.

Loudy13
09-13-2020, 08:36 AM
No warned and rightfully so I broke the rules shoulda just said “butt”

brass410
09-13-2020, 08:45 AM
To speak many languages fluently is a skill. Knowing when and how to speak is a gift. I have mastered neither. I got snot smacked for using acronym for point of sale, " ***" on a forum somewhere, wasnt particularly memorable. I thought it was unusual, I guess we're getting politicaly correct everywhere. We have to draw the line somewhere I guess otherwise It could turn pretty "colourful " around here.

brass410
09-13-2020, 08:46 AM
Maybe it was here.

Ozark mike
09-13-2020, 08:49 AM
I guess im just a colorful type person i like hearing others speek their mind if someone's feelings get hurt maybe they shouldn't participate with the big boys. Doesn't this loop back around to participating trophys?

brass410
09-13-2020, 08:51 AM
Oh!!!!! I'm so hurt. LOL take that word purfect, There I feel like a total anarchist think I'll go out and burn something now, how about the garbage? Maybe I'll do some looting and raid my scrap pile and trade for some lead.

Traffer
09-13-2020, 08:59 AM
I just went to my "User CP"... whatever that means. It appears that infractions for saying the offending language NEVER EXPIRE. Maybe that's what caught me by surprise. I had a couple of swear word thingies back in the 1960's that just came up out of the grave and grabbed me by the tendon on the inner side of my ankle. Have to admit it hurt.
The best analogy I can come up with is Billy says "hey c'mon over and play on my new forum" "What's a forum, Billy, i sez." Oh it is just a fun place to talk and play." Sounds good to me...Next thing I know I wake up in a dumpster bleeding out of my ears, all tied up and money gone..
Yup that is exactly what an "infraction out of the blue" feels like.

Ozark mike
09-13-2020, 09:02 AM
User control panel?

Traffer
09-13-2020, 09:07 AM
User control panel?

I have been enlightened...Much obliged.

Traffer
09-13-2020, 09:18 AM
No warned and rightfully so I broke the rules shoulda just said “butt”

I am laughing with you not at you.

HATCH
09-13-2020, 09:35 AM
I just went to my "User CP"... whatever that means. It appears that infractions for saying the offending language NEVER EXPIRE. Maybe that's what caught me by surprise. I had a couple of swear word thingies back in the 1960's that just came up out of the grave and grabbed me by the tendon on the inner side of my ankle. Have to admit it hurt.
The best analogy I can come up with is Billy says "hey c'mon over and play on my new forum" "What's a forum, Billy, i sez." Oh it is just a fun place to talk and play." Sounds good to me...Next thing I know I wake up in a dumpster bleeding out of my ears, all tied up and money gone..

You are mistaken.

Title Points Expires Warning
1st Offense, Inappropriate Language - Language Censor Violation 5 90 Day(s) Yes
2nd Offense, Inappropriate Language - Language Censor Violation 10 180 Day(s) No
3rd Offense, Inappropriate Language - Language Censor Violation 15 365 Day(s) No

1st offense items are 5 points and the points expire in 90 days. You can receive a warning for the 1st offense. In fact the 1st time you did a language violation that is exactly what you got. A warning. A friendly reminder to review the rules. Warnings have NO points and don't count towards your infraction count (more on this later).

2nd offense items are 10 points and the points expire in 180 days. You can not receive a warning for 2nd or 3rd offenses because you most likely got one the first time you broke the rules.

3rd offense items are 15 points and the points expire in 365 days. Because of the amount of points issued this automatically triggers a 14 day ban from the board.

Automatic bans happen when you either get a total of 15 active points OR have a 3 infraction count.
So it is possible to commit multiple 1st time offenses over time and not hit 15 points but would hit the infraction count limit.

In order to be perfectly clear on something I will explain this next part so everyone knows how it works.

If you get to a 3rd offense then your membership will be reviewed to determine if after your automatic 14 day ban if you are allowed to come back.

Now this is a exception to that rule. If your infraction is because of language or inappropriate attachment AND it happened in THE PIT then what will happen is that you most likely will lose your PIT permissions. When/if you come back and you commit the same infraction elsewhere on the board then you will be banned permanently from the board.

The biggest mistake is when people use symbols to mask the word they are trying to say (self censor themselves) when in reality they should just type the word out and let the filter catch it. Its not that ****ing hard. Just type it out.

Traffer
09-13-2020, 09:47 AM
I don't understand what that all means...this is what my User CP shows:

HATCH
09-13-2020, 10:15 AM
since you posted that, I will post what the staff sees when we look at you infractions and I will explain it.

if you look at the above you will see a list of your infractions.

next to each of them on the far left is a colored square. Yellow means a warning and Red means a infraction.

You will see what the infraction is, see who issued it, when it expires if its not already expired, and you will the points issued at the time.
I understand how you can think that they don't expire because it says "N/A" next to them but that is the boards software saying it isn't applicable because it has already expired.

This is just a record. The only active infraction you have is the one you just got. Yes they all stay on your record. Everything you do in life stays with you especially online.
No one besides staff and yourself can view your infractions.

So you can either calm down and understand the process or you can take your toys and go.
I am not gonna beg you to stay and at this point, I am not gonna ask you to leave.
I will say that the language violations have been a sore subject to a lot of older folks on here.
Some of them get to the point that you are at now with wanting to pack your bags and leave. My suggestion is that feeling will pass. There isn't another forum with as much knowledge and experience then Cast Boolits has. Its because members like yourself help other members on a daily basis.
Looking over your record, I can see that all your language violations have been in the PIT. That isn't uncommon because THE PIT seems to cause a lot of emotions due to the political posts.
I would suggest avoiding it.
If you want to continue discussing this then PLEASE feel free to send me a PM and I will be more then happy to do the best I can to help you to understand it. Just please bear with me as I work in a school district and don't have a lot of free time right now.

JimB..
09-13-2020, 10:17 AM

It would have saved you a bunch of typing to just say “I’m a delicate snowflake” we’d all understand.

And was it really “out of the blue” since it’s all spelled out in the rules which you broke? It seems like your whining because you didn’t get special treatment because of your ignorance.

I’m bored with your obvious trolling, good luck with whatever you decide.

brstevns
09-13-2020, 10:19 AM
[I] really hate to see you leave. Like others here have already said you have shared so much.
It is none of my business the why of it, but do know I have enjoyed your post.
God Bless and the best to you.

Traffer
09-13-2020, 10:21 AM
I just learned more about this site than I had garnered in the past 3 or 4 years. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The N/A thing DID confuse me. But if the infractions were expired, why was the cumulative effect the I got kicked out for two weeks or whatever you call it. If that is the case, indeed infractions never really expire. I will continue with the sword of Damocles overhead in case I make another mistake...Then what permanent banishment?

Traffer
09-13-2020, 10:22 AM
JimB if you were here i would slap you for that. Oh No ANOTHER INFRACTION

Der Gebirgsjager
09-13-2020, 11:10 AM
My complaining is a combination of being angry followed by yanking the chain and having some fun. I usually get kicked out of places for trolling...which i enjoy immensely.

This statement is what they call an "admission". Trolling is also, I believe, an offense of the rules and is probably what the average member dislikes the most. I haven't taken a poll, but it rates high on my list of dislikes. And to admit to enjoying doing so is not too good, as it is admitting that you enjoy offending people.

Frankly, I got an infraction, one over my 6 year membership, for quoting a previous post where the guy used asterisks to avoid using a word, which wasn't a prohibited word anyway, but apparently got dinged for the asterisks. Had the other guy just typed the word we both would have been o.k. I sucked it up, because the seeming injustice wasn't worth leaving all my friends and all this know-how, plus the undeniable truth that we're playing in someone else's yard. This is not like expounding from a soap box on a public street corner where you can say what you want, but maybe be rewarded with a knuckle sandwich.

What I don't understand, in following this thread, is those who feel the necessity to apparently use bad/poor/offensive language. You can always choose another word, or become eloquent and use several words to describe what you feel you must say with that one or perhaps two offensive words. If you can't express yourself without using prohibited words/language then it's time let it run off your back and move on to a different subject or thread, or sadly perhaps to a different forum.

dverna
09-13-2020, 11:10 AM
In a few days, my second offense for condescending/arrogant comments will expire. I do not suffer fools easily so I can get myself into trouble on forums.

But better men than I have been banned from this site, so I know I need to control myself. I learn too much here to push the envelop and get banned.

I also know a few good guys stopped posting and we all lose when that happens...just as much as when knowledgeable folks get banned for yanking on No 1's chain.

Traffer, I hope you learn from what happened and stay on. In general, infractions are not personal. Just rules we need to be aware of and act accordingly.

BTW, I got warned (either here or another forum) for using SHTF because of the word ****. Now, I know it is ok to type the word **** and the filter catches it. If I try to disguise the word, I will get a warning....simple

JimB..
09-13-2020, 11:26 AM
JimB if you were here i would slap you for that. Oh No ANOTHER INFRACTION

Perhaps, but that doesn’t change the fact that you’re behaving childishly. I hope you modify your behavior and stick around, but it looks like you’re intentionally trying to get banned, so I’ll just say goodbye now.

dangitgriff
09-13-2020, 12:09 PM
There’s gotta be a forum out there somewhere on the interweb where they can get the banned back together... (Get it?)[emoji848][emoji1783]

Loudy13
09-13-2020, 12:34 PM
My house my rules your house your rules! We are all guests here are we not? Everyone steps on their ding ding (I did this yesterday and received warning) its how they react afterwards that shows character.

HATCH
09-13-2020, 01:08 PM
But if the infractions were expired, why was the cumulative effect the I got kicked out for two weeks or whatever you call it. If that is the case, indeed infractions never really expire.

You got a 2 week ban because got 15 points because of the 3rd offense.
Automatic banning happens because of 2 reasons.

(1) you have 15 points from ACTIVE infractions
or
(2) you have 3 infractions

In your case your 3rd offense language violation caused you to have 15 points. It wouldn't of mattered if your other infractions were expired or not because this infraction alone automatically triggered the auto-ban. If it was a different offense then your membership would be under review. But because it was language and because it was in THE PIT, you just got 2 weeks off and your PIT PASS removed.

And as someone mentioned, Yes there is another forum out there done by members that have been banned by their own actions.
Go join them if you wish.

This thread has run its coarse and now will be closed. Traffer if you wish to discuss anything further send me a PM. Do not start another thread concerning this matter.