PDA

View Full Version : Do you know who said theses things?

dtknowles
09-08-2020, 06:42 PM
Always aim to be better than your previous self: Stop comparing yourself to anyone else than you and always strive to be a better version of your former self.

Take time to practice gratitude every morning: Every morning is a precious gift to our lives; instead of worrying about upcoming tasks and difficulties, honor the day and aim to be the best person you can possibly be.

Judge your success by what you had to give up: What do you genuinely want to achieve and what are you willing to quit to get there?

Love and compassion are necessities: Are you surrounding yourself with enough love, or are you neglecting it for the sake of less important issues?

In order to make peace with the outer world, make peace within yourself: Take time to practice self-reflection regularly and make sure to know yourself better than anyone else.

Trust in the universe and that sometimes, not getting what you want is a stroke of luck: Instead of pushing forward, step aside and lean back from time to time.

Learn to solve conflicts peacefully: Instead of avoiding difficulties, educate yourself, and find humane ways of dealing with disagreements.

Tim

Ickisrulz
09-08-2020, 06:52 PM
My magic electronic box says one of the Dalai Lamas.

1hole
09-08-2020, 08:50 PM
Sounds like Foghorn Leghorn to me. ;)

MUSTANG
09-08-2020, 08:56 PM
Always aim to.......

[B]Learn to solve conflicts peacefully: Instead of avoiding difficulties, educate yourself, and find humane ways of dealing with disagreements.

Tim

Seems the Dalai Lama is not so wise after all. Learn to solve conflicts peacefully and spend your entire life in exile is the story of the current Dalai Lama.

I prefer: "Those who beat their swords into plowshares, will plow for those who don't!" {Unkown author - Sometimes attributed to Thomas Jefferson, but no record he ever said any form of this quote).

1hole
09-09-2020, 01:32 PM
Seems the Dalai Lama is not so wise after all. Learn to solve conflicts peacefully and spend your entire life in exile is the story of the current Dalai Lama.

[quote]"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, will plow for those who don't!"

Roger that! It takes two people to make peace but it only takes one person to start a battle and being soft hearted Christians doesn't require us to be soft headed idiots.

The often heard snowflake idea that we could all get along if we would only sit down together and have a glass of wine while puffing on a bong of locoweed is delusional. Some people are too hell-bent on getting their own way to the detriment of others for any rational compromise to work.

The only way to "get along" with determined stupid people is to stomp a mud hole in their butts, then stomp the bloody remains into the hole and smooth it over with concrete. And, before the touchy-feely whines begin to flow 'bout a professed Christian bring so mean, I'll note that IS and always has been God's way when his people are forcefully confronted with implacable evil.

I prefer to live in peace with everyone if possible but some folk won't let it be possible. I'm an American, a Christian and a man; I will die on my feet and go to God before I'll live on my knees before the feet of howling local bullies or "liberal" government tyranny.

As an aside, America is rapidly approaching the tipping point for properly dealing with bottom-of-the-barrel scum such as "Occupiers", "Pink Hats", BLM, Antifia, Marxists, etc., or just roll over, submit and be sodomized in public.

Now, unless hell freezes over before election day we will be voting in person so no Democrat can easily lay hands on our ballots ... and we won't be voting for Biden/Harris or any others of their tribe.)

"I know not what path others may take but give me liberty or give me death."