PDA

View Full Version : CNC machined lee 4 hole turret plate.

cstrickland
09-08-2020, 01:26 PM
It seems I member someone,maybe not here, but someone was making a CNC machined version. Not a cast like Lee original but an upgraded one.

anyone have information on this ??

Charles

onelight
09-08-2020, 01:59 PM
I have not seen those mentioned , maybe someone here has some info on them .
It would be a tough sell .
I have been using the Lee turrets for at least 30 years and never had an issue with any of them 3 or 4 hole.

cstrickland
09-08-2020, 02:49 PM
I have not seen those mentioned , maybe someone here has some info on them .
It would be a tough sell .
I have been using the Lee turrets for at least 30 years and never had an issue with any of them 3 or 4 hole.

Yeah I think they were marketed to be more precise, thats why I wanted a link or info so that I could see what was touted as an improvement.

Thanks

Misery-Whip
09-08-2020, 07:39 PM
Mikes reloading bench.com but his are for the loadmaster. Those are the only cnc die plates I know of.

cstrickland
09-08-2020, 07:41 PM
Mikes reloading bench.com but his are for the loadmaster. Those are the only cnc die plates I know of.

thank you I actually think that is what I saw !!

kywoodwrkr
09-08-2020, 08:34 PM
Take a second look at the Lee four hole turret die holder.
Think, how will I mill the perimeter?
Square hole in bottom? Which I presume keeps the square drive rod from rising as well as driving turret.
Additional weight if left solid, extra work if bottom drilled /milled out.
$12.99 looks like a deal to me, CNC mill operator make $30+ to ? per hour..
Motion smoothness might be improved by hand deburring the turret a little bit.
I have drawn up some CNC operations for making some, but $12.99?
Free machine(s) time, free material, free tools, I'll pass.

mdi
09-09-2020, 12:03 PM
Me too. I have not needed anything more "precise" than the stock Lee turrets in any of my handloading (my most precise reloading was for a 308 Ruger rifle that gave me 7/8" groups loaded on an old style Lee turret. I held .0015-,002" OAL.). If the turrets were any more of a tighter fit in the press frame there would be possible binding of the turret in the "ring". Some mention "upward movement" of the turret in the frame under pressure, but the turret moves the exact same every time, so there is no excess variation...