PDA

View Full Version : Colt Army 38 Special. Seems a decent price?

Buckshot
12-25-2005, 04:31 AM
15375) Colt Army Special 6" 38 blue, 60% blue, nice bore, good lockup, excellent overall...$265 at: http://www.thadscott.com/

................Buckshot

Frank46
12-25-2005, 05:54 AM
Buckshot, I don't know about you but iffen I had the money I'd waste NO time in firing off a check. Looks like a neat old revolver and should be fun to shoot. I paid $310 for my colt trooper III in 357 mag and while I haven't shot it yet still consider it a neat old revolver. Ho Ho Ho Frank

Frank46
12-25-2005, 06:05 AM
Buckshot, did you see all the martini's they had. By the way, buy it. Frank

9.3X62AL
12-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Good price. Even if it needs a few wrenches turned, you'd still be money ahead.

C1PNR
12-25-2005, 09:40 PM
I really like my 32 WCF Army Special. Good strong action. I'd suggest you buy that one quick, so I'm not tempted!

I like that model Colt, and that LONG barrel gives you an advantage when shooting targets!;)

OK, the barrel looks like it may have some finish issues, but which of us who have survived that many years don't!:-D

Nice find, and I'd buy it.

Blackwater
12-26-2005, 12:50 AM
Buckshot, I'm the LAST fella' you ought to ask this question of, because I recently bought a little pre-war Colt Police Positive in .38 Spec., and I just LOVE the little gun. My "excuse" was it'd make a really neat "river gun" for snakes, and maybe a stray piglet that has decided to make itself bacon by getting too close. Can't see that pointy profiled front sight worth spit, but .... who cares? The MAIN thing afield is to look classy when you miss, right? Well ..... right, right? [smilie=1:

Anyway, I won't answer this because I'm prejudiced ..... who in heck am I kidding? BUY the darn thing! Those are really neat pistols, and the price is right. What else you wantin' for a "clue?" :bigsmyl2:

Frank46
12-26-2005, 03:12 AM
There you go Buckshot. The opinion of people you know is overwelming. Buy the darn thing
cause iffen you wait too long it will be gone and you'll feel like a one legged man at a butt kicking contest. Frank

Buckshot
12-26-2005, 09:21 AM
.................Heck. I posted it because I though one of YOU GUYS would be interested. :-D. I have many other MUCH more important things to spend $265 + + + on then some old peestol!

However I did get to shot Deputy Al's Colt Police Positive (is that right?) in 38 Special out there in the desert. Went 5 fer 5 on the little steel swingers.

................Buckshot

9.3X62AL
12-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Almost, Rick--it's an Officer's Model Target. A little bigger frame, and adjustable sights.

That site showed a couple Colt New Service examples--one each in 44-40 WCF and 45 Colt, both with 7.5" barrels. They are priced a little high, but their conditions aren't bad at all. New Services seem to have been used a lot harder than other Colt D/A models, likely because they were chambered in serious calibers.

eka
01-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Made between 1924 and 1927, its books for about $275.00

Buckshot
01-08-2006, 09:50 AM
......................Eka, some of his other stuff seemed pretty dear to me. I'm not a collector by any means and most all my rifles were bought during the 20+ years I had an 01 FFL so I'm spoiled I guess. Also I'm not really a pistol guy, but that Colt seemed to be a decent price for it's apparent condition. Guess I wasn't too far off, eh? :-)

BTW, my comment about not really being a pistol guy is still somewhat true. However, since getting my pretty nice pinned barrel K38 S&W I can see the attraction to a really nice one.

http://www.fototime.com/C5773BB9E49798C/standard.jpg
One of the first groups I ever shot with it. No special loading or anything. A scant 3/4". Stuff like this could make a beliver out of ya.

..................Buckshot

9.3X62AL
01-09-2006, 02:25 AM
I believe--yes, I believe--that YOU have been hustling us on this "I don't care much about handguns" mantra for just a little too long, senor. The target shown above is pretty good circumstantial evidence of same, along with that supernatural work you do with your 38 Super. The confirmation came a few weeks ago with my Colt OMT, when you "cleaned" the small dinger plates with the wheeler.

Your secret is OUT. 'Fess up.