PDA

View Full Version : Fruits of the spirit

dtknowles
09-05-2020, 11:18 AM
For those who aren’t aware, the fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

I think it is important that we encourage these attitudes. It seems more and more we are going against them. Too much hate, anger, fighting, impatience, meanness....

I think this is most important for people in authority. If you are running things you should be full of the fruits of the spirit.

Tim

wv109323
09-06-2020, 03:09 AM
Fruit must come from a fruit tree. Not all trees are fruit trees so we can not expect them to produce fruit.
Next fruit must go through a process to become ripened fruit. There must be budding ,bloom,growth and finally ripening.
I think the fruit trees are Christians but they must "grow" to produce fruit. Not all Christians allow growth to take place so their fruit is not grade "A". As Christians we must study the Bible to become mature fruit trees.
We are the only light that many will see so we must present a life that attracts them to our Christian beliefs. With yhat said there will always be good and evil and I agree that evil is prevelent today.

dtknowles
09-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Fruit must come from a fruit tree. Not all trees are fruit trees so we can not expect them to produce fruit.
Next fruit must go through a process to become ripened fruit. There must be budding ,bloom,growth and finally ripening.
I think the fruit trees are Christians but they must "grow" to produce fruit. Not all Christians allow growth to take place so their fruit is not grade "A". As Christians we must study the Bible to become mature fruit trees.
We are the only light that many will see so we must present a life that attracts them to our Christian beliefs. With yhat said there will always be good and evil and I agree that evil is prevelent today.

Thanks. I think evil is prevalent in leadership but goodness is much more common in common people. I think it is evil that leads most people to want to become the boss and more commonly it is the good people who become the workers.

Tim

Gobeyond
10-07-2020, 03:45 AM
Evil lurks around every corner when vileness is exalted among the sons of men ‘.

Wayne Smith
10-07-2020, 07:37 AM
Technically 'fruit' in that passage is singular. This means that the fruit of the Spirit is love. All the rest describes love. Minor difference.

1hole
10-07-2020, 09:35 AM
Technically 'fruit' in that passage is singular. This means that the fruit of the Spirit is love. All the rest describes love. Minor difference.

Good point. Some times a "minor" difference in understanding (or misunderstanding) makes a world of difference in effect.

exile
10-11-2020, 02:50 PM
First rule of a gunfight, "have a gun." First requirement for displaying fruit of the Spirit, "be indwelt by the Holy Spirit."

"And I think that I too have the Spirit of God." 1 Corinthians 7:40 (E.S.V.)

exile