PDA

View Full Version : Hanging out..... some more....

frkelly74
09-03-2020, 01:21 PM
I got out to the garage and cleared a space so I could actually work on a project that was started and just sitting there. All the Iron junk went over to the scrap yard and I got $.035 per pound for it, down from pre Midland flood prices. They have a mountain of appliances and furnaces and water heaters from that flood. On the way back there was another dryer set out by the street a little ways from the house. I had the trailer hooked up and so am started on my next load. Any way I needed the space. I also melted down a few gallon cans of range metal and got some good ingots that ring when you drop them. I have about 10 lbs of fairly clean jacket material now to go on the next load also. While I was rummaging around I found another gallon can of range lead too that I had lost track of so I will have to get that rendered down pretty soon. I always think to myself " why do I pick up these jacketed bullets? They are so dirty and it is extra work to get the lead out and then you have to sort out the steel jackets " but then I see the accumulated copperish metal and It does pay for the fuel it took for the rendering. So I will continue to pick them up, Maybe just the big ones though. The secretary from the church called and there is a light out in one of the classrooms and she wondered if I would look at it. Of course I will. Now the wife says I should go work on the project some more so we can deliver it to our daughter on Sunday. She wanted a stand to hold her tank thet she keeps some hermit crabs it. She calls it her crabitat. She is good at coining words to fit an occasion. . Back to work.!

skrapyard628
09-03-2020, 02:09 PM
Lol...crabitat. My girlfriend has a tank set up in our living room with a bunch of hermit crabs in it and she calls it the same thing.

skeettx
09-03-2020, 02:34 PM
Great report and a joy to read.
I like your ingenuity and style
Mike

bakerjw
09-03-2020, 02:47 PM
Very fine read. It is good to hear uplifting stories these days.