PDA

View Full Version : Potato Wedges

dale2242
09-02-2020, 04:23 PM
Let`s have your recipes for seasonings for potato wedges.
All I have found on line are pretty much the same...dale

adcoch1
09-02-2020, 05:51 PM
I just use jonnys seasoning salt and a little black pepper and bake. No deep fryer here.

gwpercle
09-02-2020, 07:07 PM
My favorite recipe is baked wedges and involves coating the wedges , 2 to 3 lbs of potatoes , with a light coat of oil , sprinkling an envelope of Lipton Recipe Secretes Onion Soup Mix over the wedges , rolling them around to get a nice even coating on the potatoes , place on a baking pan, 425 degree oven for about 35 minutes or until tender and golden brown ...stir them around once while cooking .
Edges get all crispy good and the centers are fluffy . I like the Golden Potatoes .
Gary

gbrown
09-03-2020, 01:37 PM
My recipe is similar to gwpercle's. I put the cut wedges into a mixing pan or bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and use a homemade seasoning salt on them. Toss them well to coat and then put on cookie sheet. I use parchment paper under them for easy clean up. Kroger sells parchment paper sheets that fit my cookie sheets just right. 425 for 30-35 minutes. I also have an air fryer that I use for smaller batches.--1 to 3 servings.

gwpercle
09-03-2020, 02:55 PM
My recipe is similar to gwpercle's. I put the cut wedges into a mixing pan or bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and use a homemade seasoning salt on them. Toss them well to coat and then put on cookie sheet. I use parchment paper under them for easy clean up. Kroger sells parchment paper sheets that fit my cookie sheets just right. 425 for 30-35 minutes. I also have an air fryer that I use for smaller batches.--1 to 3 servings.

Parchment Paper... Good One !!! LIKE
I use it a lot ...biscuits , pizza , cookies ... perfect for the potato wedges , lots less pan washing !
Gary

MrHarmless
09-03-2020, 04:26 PM
I've had great success boiling the wedges for a few minutes before tossing them together in a dry bowl. This tossing creates a starchy covering that turns into pure crunch when baked as others have described.

Lloyd Smale
09-04-2020, 06:50 AM
i spray a cookie sheet with pam then spray the wedges lightly with pam then shake them in a bowl with fry magic or bake magic (same thing) I just add sprinkle on some salt and a bit of garlic power and cook till brown. Little hint, the air fryer works a heck of alot better then an oven.

dale2242
09-04-2020, 09:45 AM
I use an air fryer.
Great invention.