PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for test results

Thumbcocker
09-02-2020, 10:08 AM
Starting Saturday I experienced symptoms that I did not regard as covid like. To maintain the family nature of this site I will just say that I wish I owned stock in Charmin and had to stay very close to one small room in the house. I also had aches and chills. Mrs Thumbcocker had similar but milder symptoms the week before.

I stayed home Monday but went to work yesterday morning. Symptoms persisted. I did a Google search that showed some covid patients had only the symptoms we had. No respiratory symptoms at all.

I called the health department in my home county. The nurse told me to leave work immediately and get tested at a location in the county i work in. She also said to isolate pending test results. Since Mrs. Thumbcocker was on her way up to have lunch with me we met at a walk in clinic.

We called from the parking lot. They took our information and a nurse in gloves, gown, and face shield came out and swabbed us. The swabbing is not pleasant but hardly unbearable.

The building i work in has had other confirmed cases. I am not especially concerned about me or Mrs. Thumbcocker having serious health effects but other folks in the office I work in have regular contact with elderly parents with serious health issues.

The upshot is that we are isolating at the Thumbcocker compound awaiting results. Don't feel bad for us the Thumbcocker compound is 63 acres and we have hi speed internet. We have plenty of grub and just did a 3.26 mile walk this morning. Our biggest concern is not infecting someone with health issues.

nicholst55
09-03-2020, 02:24 AM
Here's hoping that your test NEGATIVE for the 'Rona! Regardless of other health issues, it sounds pretty unpleasant to me.

Winger Ed.
09-03-2020, 03:06 AM
Hope ya get better before you have to move away from Charmin, and go to a powder puff & a fan.

NyFirefighter357
09-03-2020, 06:36 AM
"The upshot is that we are isolating at the Thumbcocker compound awaiting results. Don't feel bad for us the Thumbcocker compound is 63 acres and we have hi speed internet. We have plenty of grub and just did a 3.26 mile walk this morning. Our biggest concern is not infecting someone with health issues."

I hope you both feel better soon. On a side note, I'd like to be quarantines at the Thumbcocker compound!

Huskerguy
09-03-2020, 08:19 AM
If you are hiking that far, it sounds like your symptoms must not be active? ;) Did you carry anything with you when you walked? :), I mean like a gun or stick.

curdog
09-03-2020, 10:42 AM
I hope your tests are negative and stay safe.................curdog

megasupermagnum
09-03-2020, 11:07 AM
Even if it is positive, isn't that the screening test with something like a 50% false positive?

bakerjw
09-03-2020, 11:34 AM
I think that the worst part about testing positive is the intrusion into your activities.

farmbif
09-03-2020, 11:46 AM
wish you and mrs thumb cocker all the best, sure aint no fun being sick.

dtknowles
09-03-2020, 09:37 PM
If you can tolerate the isolation, a postive test with those being your only symptoms, it would ease my mind since you would have at least temporary immunity. Once you are consider recovered you should be able to go out and about without fear of catching or giving the virus.

Tim

BigAlofPa.
09-03-2020, 09:50 PM
Prayers going out. It's nice you have some acreage. You 2 can still stretch your legs and not get near others.

Gtrubicon
09-03-2020, 10:29 PM
I hope you and your wife are well, I had to get a COVID test last week, I was exposed. The clinic I went to delivered the results in 20 minutes. I was and still are fine. It is easy to get wrapped up in the panic, my mind is my own worst enemy. I too live on acreage, after I got the results of my test I was relieved. Enjoy some down time. Smell the roses etc. This era will pass

Thumbcocker
09-04-2020, 10:08 AM
Results yesterday about 4:30 p.m. We are both negetive. Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts.

BigAlofPa.
09-04-2020, 10:44 AM
Awesome news!

Mr_Sheesh
09-06-2020, 01:47 AM
Negative is great!

wv109323
09-06-2020, 03:39 AM
My daughter works in a doctors office and the convid test was mandatory. She had the antibodies but she does not know when she had the virus. Her best guess was early July. She thought it was a sinus infection and took some antibiotics. I was around her at that time but I have shown no symtoms.