PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal vs Noe

hondo1892
08-30-2020, 01:42 PM
I'm looking for the pros and cons of Arsenal and Noe molds. I need to replace a couple of Lyman molds and have been looking at both of these companies offerings. I'm going to get a 44 SWC and 38 SWC mold to replace the Lyman molds. Looking at the Arsenal molds they look a lot like my molds from Accurate and I really like my molds from Tom.

Kraschenbirn
08-30-2020, 02:47 PM
I have molds from both shops and, in terms of overall quality and customer service, I wouldn't hesitate to buy again from either. IMO, the only major difference between the two is that Tom offers a much wider selection of designs...which include clones of many of the older molds from Lyman, RCBS, Saeco, H&G, etc.. On the other hand, if you're powder coating, quite a few of Jared's designs are designated/sized for PC 'off-the-shelf'.

Bill

kungfustyle
08-30-2020, 03:01 PM
I have both and like both. Arsenal molds will cut yours to spec(NOE what you see is what you get). $78($90+ NOE) for a 4 cav mold is a great deal. Nothing is out of stock (NOE most are out of stock), max it takes a week to make one. Top punch you are on your own(NOE has top punches for $5).

dannyd
08-30-2020, 03:23 PM
I'm looking for the pros and cons of Arsenal and Noe molds. I need to replace a couple of Lyman molds and have been looking at both of these companies offerings. I'm going to get a 44 SWC and 38 SWC mold to replace the Lyman molds. Looking at the Arsenal molds they look a lot like my molds from Accurate and I really like my molds from Tom.

If I needed a 38 SWC mold I would get that Arsenal RCBS 158 clone looks great.

Huskerguy
08-30-2020, 03:52 PM
I have one of each with a used NOE on the way.

NOE 360-158 Aluminum 4 cavity. Makes great bullets but I can't get them to group so I gave up on it in my 38 loads
Arsenal 358-158KT Aluminum is the RCBS clone (which I also have) and it shoots extremely well and is my go-to mold
I powder coat both and like the groove

If you put the two side by side you could not tell them apart without the lettering. The NOE has a wider taper on the sprue plate and the sprue is shaped just a smidge differently but they are very close. Both have the pivot in the same place, use the same lock for the sprue and a set screw to keep it all in place.

When I asked this same question on here when I was trying to decide, one person said he would get the 4 instead of a 5 cavity if he did it again. I didn't listen. While both molds drop bullets well for a grooved SWC mold, the extended length of a 5 cavity does create just a bit more alignment problems by nature. I did have an alignment pin work out on my Arsenal 5 cav but they fixed it and I am back and running.

I don't think you can go wrong with either but it does depend on how "custom" or "off the rack" you want to be. For the price difference I think Arsenal is a great deal. I feel like I can take a chance on a different mold configuration for that price. Best of luck.

hondo1892
08-30-2020, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys. I was looking at the Arsenal 358-158kt and planned on getting that one if I went the Arsenal rout.

Walks
08-30-2020, 08:00 PM
My 1st N.O.E mold going on 4yrs ago was cut to my specs. It dropped .432 using 50/50 ally of COWW/#2.

FLINTNFIRE
08-31-2020, 01:56 AM
I have noe and arsenal molds , arsenal is usually a week but with demand he is running a little later , Last 2 molds had less taper on alignment pin holes then earlier ones I have bought , but they are running good , arsenal will cut to your specs on diameter and thats a plus as I coat and do not need to fat of bullets .

As has been discussed noe seems out of stock on a lot I am interested in , and molds drop fatter then I need , I have asked for and received 4 molds cut to a different dimension then was listed as arsenal will let you specify diameter , all in all they both make good molds .

I will order from arsenal again when I need a specific dimension or when I need a mold he has listed .

Mal Paso
08-31-2020, 10:05 AM
Arsenal has the #503 clone which is my favorite 44 bullet. I have the 5 cavity.

Don Purcell
09-02-2020, 09:14 AM
Have an Arsenal mold coming for the .41 Magnum 220 grain RFN. Pictures look like and LBT WFN with a .020 smaller flat at .300 with the LBT at .320. Either way it should be a stomper for my 4" M-57. Agreed Mal Paso, their #503 clone looks a peach and I wouldn't mind having one even though I have H&G and Ballisticast molds of the #503, the Arsenal still looks tempting. We'll see how the .41 goes.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-02-2020, 09:35 AM
Have an Arsenal mold coming for the .41 Magnum 220 grain RFN.
>>>SNIP
I have that mold from a group buy, you will like it a lot.

To the OP, you can not go wrong with a mold from either manufacturer. Arsenal does offer custom services, I don't believe NOE does that these days. I had Arsenal cut me a "near" clone of the Lee 41 cal 195gr SWC (in a 5 cavity mold blocks), since Lee doesn't offer that mold in a 6 cav...I say near clone, because I requested a couple very small changes which I hoped would be improvements,,,and for my use, yes they were improvements.

cwlongshot
09-02-2020, 09:44 AM
I have both. BOTH are awesome. Id say same quality. Pluses for each no real minus. NOE lil more $ but minimal.

I dont thing Arsenal will HP.

Molds that impress most are MP. But a bit more $$ too.

IMHO, Ya cant really go wrong with any of these.

CW