PDA

View Full Version : Thank Our UPS Drivers Too!

DougGuy
08-29-2020, 07:03 PM
Earlier in the week I had to order some prescription meds from an online pharmacy in Texas. That was Tuesday midday. Hurricane Laura hit the Texas/Louisiana border Wednesday evening, the next day UPS picked up my meds in Houston and drove them to Shreveport in the rain and wind on the tail end of the storm. UPS was on the road before the storm even cleared the I-20 corridor. That's pretty ballsy on the UPS drivers, so they get a definite nod and a WTG from me. Thank y'all boys for a job well done!

Dukeconnor
08-29-2020, 07:15 PM
I thank mine 3 times a week. I call him bald santa. He brings me presents 3 times a week.

country gent
08-29-2020, 11:34 PM
My UPS driver is great. He knows Im disabled and goes that little extra for me. Every few deliveries I will give a small tip. Usually enough for lunch at McDonald, Wendies or Burgr King. Always brings a big smile and keeps the service up.

Lloyd Smale
08-30-2020, 06:49 AM
ups and fedx drivers are great. I allways keep them in summer sausage when the season is right. I really feel for the fed x guy. He said they get no overtime pay. there not union. He gets a load in his van and is paid x dollars a day be it a 7 hour day or a 18 hour day and he said lately with the virus and the increase in online sales his day is an average of 12 and rarely less then 10. At least the ups guy gets paid for his extra time. Fedx driver said there not union and for the most part work for contractors that fedx subcontracts to.

Jsm180
08-30-2020, 09:24 AM
For the most part they are great, but they all have a few bad apples.

Yesterday, Saturday, UPS left my order of 3 lb of powder at the door of my neighbors shop in the rain. By the time I tracked it down the box was soaked but contents were fine, would have sucked if the contents were not waterproof. Our regular drivers are fantastic but the fillin's and Saturday drivers must be the low bidders.

jsizemore
08-30-2020, 09:38 AM
All kinds of stuff gets sent nowadays. My UPS driver was delivering a couch but somebody had "borrowed" his hand truck. I helped him carry the couch up to the front door. I think they may have got a lead shipment in with the couch too. We was both sweating bullets.

tinsnips
08-30-2020, 10:19 AM
From the 1970s we have had only two different UPS drivers Chuck and Todd they are better than great . Todd shows up in bizzards,you name it they get the job done. In my area I get much better service from UPS than I do from FEDEX . Todd even gave me his personal cell number incase I have a problem it just does not get ant better than that.

bedbugbilly
08-30-2020, 10:44 AM
Our UPS driver herein AZ is a good guy as is the one we have bacon Michigan. The their truck is loaded, they can call it a day when it's empty but what some folks don't realize is the length of day they often put in. While we all complain at times - and i am one of them - when things go snafu as far as delivery, etc. - think of what it would be if they weren't there.

My cousin's daughter is an assistant manager of some type of a large hotel in Louisville. During all of this Covid fiasco, some of the staff got pink slipped but she was able to keep working as were many others due to the fact that UPS contracted with the hotel for their pilots and crews flying into and out of Louisville - evidently a distribution hub - as well as their contracted pilots/crrews. I have to believe that it is probably the same way in other locations where they have distribution hubs so it's all inter-related and bless them all. Our FedEx here and in MI is also equally as good.