PDA

View Full Version : This site is amazing, friends yet to be everywhere

fcvan
08-28-2020, 09:34 PM
I made a comment about a rifle, gifted to me by a friend, and the hope of eventually getting dies for this older Military Surplus rifle for cast boolits. I wasn't trolling, I know that when the madness stops, prices and availability will prevail.

A member her offered me some dies with 'the promise that I pay it forward.' I have done so for many years, long before this. Members here are the greatest part of humanity.

Today, I received a set of dies, some brass, and bullets for this surplus rifle. It was a day ahead of the USPS schedule. I threw up 2 sets of dies for 'Swapping and Selling' to pay back the promise of "pay it Forward."

Pay it forwards has been a guidepost for me. I learned recently, that Pay it Forward does not conform with Swapping and Selling. Sure, I would have swapped with a member, but since I didn't affix a price, the mods pulled down my post. The explanation was I had not listed a price. Geez, I did not know that a swap required a price. I was swapping good faith for good faith. How do you put a price on that?

Today, I received Dies, Brass, and projectiles from a member here. I tried to put out a request for some dies I did not need so I could 'pay it forward' to some member in need. It was shut down. I get it, swapping and selling was not the right venue. I am trying to pay it forward. 2 sets of dies in the offing, 257 Roberts, 357 Sig as well. Thank you for your patience

Minerat
08-28-2020, 11:08 PM
So this is an easy one. You go to Pay it Forward in the Commercial Sector below the S&S section at the bottom and start a new thread. Be sure to read the rules first. Here is a link that will get you there. Hope this helps.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?51-Pay-It-Forward