PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Competition Electronics

Maineboy
08-27-2020, 05:12 PM
A month ago a gas check came off a boolit and penetrated the display screen of my new Prochrono DLX after it's third trip to the range. I was pretty upset but soon learned that Competition Electronics would fix them for a reasonable price and, if not repairable, would replace a destroyed one for half price. I packaged it up and shipped it to them and a week later received a call from Crystal that it had been repaired and would be shipped to me upon payment of the repair cost, which was extremely reasonable, plus UPS shipping. I received it a few days ago and made and made a low cost debris shield that should stop and gas checks from wrecking it again. There aren't very many firms that have such a great repair-replacement policy. They are great folks to do business with.

The hose clamp is just tight enough that it holds the shield in place without movement and I can easily reach the control buttons. The chronograph sits on a tripod when in use.

Mal Paso
08-27-2020, 08:48 PM
I like the dual glaze! I put 1/4 steel on the front of mine but the display was remote.

Minerat
08-28-2020, 12:45 AM
Nice work around. Simple too.