PDA

View Full Version : Scoped AR10 from PSA

FISH4BUGS
08-27-2020, 08:25 AM
I just got my AR10 lower from PSA and put it together with an A2 stock. Yup...i am old school.
The barrel is a stainless heavy barrel.
There is the standard front sight/gas block on it, and a flat top receiver and I want to scope it.
Can I scope it with the original gas block/front sight on it or do I need to go to a low gas block?
Before I do a bunch of work, it would be helpful to know.
Thanks,
Donald

Slugster
08-27-2020, 08:53 AM
My PA-10 is also set up as an old school A-2. The standard front sight is not a problem for my scope. YMMV.

mattw
08-27-2020, 09:17 AM
You should be able to, it would also allow you the option to co-witness the scope and the sights.

FISH4BUGS
08-27-2020, 12:43 PM
Would high rings take care of any issues? With standard rings my face gets scrunched up on the A2 stock.
Thoughts?

Texas by God
08-27-2020, 01:37 PM
Would high rings take care of any issues? With standard rings my face gets scrunched up on the A2 stock.
Thoughts?
I use high rings on my ARs. The sight tower won’t even be visible thru the scope unless you go down below 4x magnification. I bought a few dedicated AR scope mounts before I figured out that plain high rings work just as well for me. The Weaver 4x4 rings work very well( for me).

monadnock#5
08-29-2020, 03:43 AM
I have a 6.8SPC AR rifle with Leupold scope. No room for a rear sight. There are "cantilever" sights on the market. For close in work (your position is overun :| ). Very expensive though. I've also seen a mount that attaches to the scope itself for mounting a reddot. I believe Brownells.com carries both. Personally I haven't decided which way to go.