PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the Cap to Lee

Slingin'Lead
08-26-2020, 03:58 PM
Hey everyone,
I should have bought a lottery ticket on the day I ordered my 2 new Lee molds. I got a 358-105 SWC and a 401-175 TC. I followed all the steps I've learned from you all for cleaning, de-blurring and heat cycling and both molds dropped beautiful bullets by the 3rd pour. I let the sprue change color, cut, flipped the mold over, opened the handles and the bullets dropped out with zero sticking. That was the most fun I've had casting. I've only been at it for under a year and it was great having things work so well.

I have 2 new molds from a custom mold shop that are fighting me tooth and nail. To have these $45 dollar Lees perform like they do makes me think I shouldn't even have bothered with the customs (at $83 each not counting handles). Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks to all of you who have taught me to cast!

Ozark mike
08-26-2020, 04:10 PM
Lee is alright i just wish they would offer there moulds sized a little bigger for some rifles

ACC
08-26-2020, 06:50 PM
I just wish they would bring back their hollow point molds.

ACC

Drew P
08-26-2020, 07:01 PM

ACC
I didn’t know they ever made any. How did they achieve their HP designs?

Targa
08-26-2020, 08:06 PM
I have four Lee moulds and couldn't be happier with them, bang for the buck is an understatement.

oldhenry
08-28-2020, 09:37 AM
I didn’t know they ever made any. How did they achieve their HP designs?

Drew,
Here are 2 photos of my 454-252-SWC that will give you an idea of their HP process.

I wish they'd come out with the solid version of this boolit in their 6 cav. & if they'd change it from 2 lube grooves to 1 Keith type groove so much the better.

fcvan
08-28-2020, 04:36 PM

ACC

Plus 1 on this. I have 2 HP Lee molds

FLINTNFIRE
08-28-2020, 05:10 PM
I had one of the 45 swc hollow point molds given to me years ago was a good bullet , still have some loaded up , I wish lee would start making a multiple cavity hollow points and some new designs or at least some designs of existing bullets in there 6 cavity molds , though I would prefer 4-5 cavity and a steel sprue plate . Maybe offer up some bullet sizers in more sizes and molds in more sizes then they do .