PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with an American Arms CX 22 pistol?

GBertolet
08-22-2020, 02:26 PM
I acquired one. It is a clone of the Erma RX 22, and a semi clone of the Walther PPK. The following issue I have discovered while testing, after replacing a missing ejector. Which just falls out when the slide is removed, and lost by the previous owner.

The hammer and recoil springs are too heavy for reliable functioning, even with WW 1300 fps 22 LR ammo. Lots of short strokes of the slide. I then made up a lighter mainspring, and replaced the heavy firing pin spring with a lighter one to offset the lighter mainspring. Cycling issue solved, but misfires galore, which I suspected would happen. The firing pin strikes were marginal to start with, and now very weak. The recoil spring goes around the barrel and has both ends closed, so I don't see cutting this back any. American Arms is out of business, so no new parts are available. Numrich or Ebay are the main sources, if you are lucky enough to find what you need in stock.

Short of using CCI Stingers or Velocitators, can anyone suggest any other tricks to try to solve this issue?

cwtebay
08-22-2020, 03:27 PM
One of the easiest ways to get what you want is to contact Lee Spring. They have had or will make any spring I've ever asked them for. From Lyman receiver sights to Model 1905 buffer springs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk