PDA

View Full Version : How much brass to load in the Frankford Arsenal LITE Tumbler?

ReloadingNoob
08-19-2020, 01:16 AM
Hi all, first post here, thanks for having me! Got a quick question since the user guide didn't quite explain well enough.

https://i.imgur.com/z3JpcwG.jpg?1

Is this too much .500 S&W brass for a frankford LITE tumbler? Is it too little? How much detergent should I put in there? How many pounds of pin media, and how much lemishine per load? Also can I use any dish soap or should I stay away from certain ones?

Thanks!

Pete44mag
08-19-2020, 10:14 PM
First off welcome to the obsession and a group of really great guys who can answer anything!!! I had a problem with my FA tumbler and called the company. They were more then helpful and explained everything in great detail. I'm sure if you called them they will give you the answers your looking for.
I use one full 9mm case of lemishine and about 5 to 6 9mm cases of Dawn dishwashing detergent per load. Then I thoroughly rinse my cases in clean water. The last thing I do is use the FA media separator with warm water and Armour All wash and wax to separate the media. It coats the brass and will keep it nice and shiny for several years.

JimB..
08-20-2020, 01:26 AM
That looks like a lot of brass to me, but it doesn’t hurt to do it “wrong” it might just take longer. I’d go ahead and add 5 lbs of pins, a small shake of lemishine and a couple shots of washnwax, fill to an inch from the top with hot water then tumble for an hour. Dump off the water and see if you’re happy, if not add new water, a dash of lemishine (that’s less than before) and a couple shots of washnwax and tumble for another hour.

You’ll probably find that 2/3rds full gives the best results.