PDA

View Full Version : Fairfax Rod & Gun Membership?

NOVA_85
08-18-2020, 08:03 PM
Hey all - I am currently on the waitlist to join Fairfax Rod & Gun Club - located in Prince William County, Virginia. The wait list is much longer than anticipated, 20+ months.

Just wanted to put the feelers out in the community and see if there are any current members that are in the market to sell their membership? I grew up in the area and have wanted to join for years. Been looking for a place to take my father, family and pass on the tradition.

If I have to wait the two years, so be it! Thanks in advance for your help.

Geezer in NH
08-18-2020, 08:22 PM
fairfax WHERE? no location on you and no specification where.

metricmonkeywrench
08-18-2020, 08:28 PM
NOVA is code for us locals for NOrthern VirginiA.. give him a break.. it is his first post, he will learn the details of the site soon enough.

Welcome aboard to the madness NOVA_85... lots to learn here. May not get much help locally, thoug this site has gone international with members

As far as memberships I didn’t even try up there Some of those are generational. We ended up going with the local Izaak Walton League.

Outpost75
08-18-2020, 08:50 PM
I used to belong, but gave up my membership when I retired and moved to West Virginia.

Excellent facilities and well stocked pro-shop. If you live in Northern VA is one of the best options.

NOVA_85
08-19-2020, 07:53 AM
Metricmonkeywrench - Thanks for the info and guidance. I have heard of the IWL but not checked it out yet. I'll have to change that. I appreciate the help.

Isaac
08-20-2020, 12:25 PM
NOVA_85: I recommend you check a few IWL clubs. Each location is not identical in what they offer the individual. Range sizes can vary as well as what shooting discipline the club supports. I have found one heavy into trap shooting while another has a large Cowboy Action Shooting crowd.

Good Luck.

Isaac

NOVA_85
08-20-2020, 02:18 PM
Thanks, Isaac. I have a couple in Va and MD I am looking at. Great clubs.