PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Reloading Die Help

phantom22
08-18-2020, 02:08 PM
I need a new decapping rod for my Pacific 308 Reloading Die. It looks like the one in the picture. Will other brands work with this die since I can't find Pacific parts. On Graf's the Forster decap unit looks very similar to this.

Shawlerbrook
08-18-2020, 02:31 PM
Pacific became Hornady so you might want to try that.

phantom22
08-18-2020, 02:52 PM
I looked at them. On Grafs they don't sell the individual parts. I ordered a universal decapping die and another decapping pin for my Lee 308 set. Two sets have been disabled by these damn 308 cartridges in the last week.

The Lee set was disabled by a rogue 22LR piece of brass that was inside a 308 case. The pin pierced the 22 case and got stuck. Had to use an angle grinder to cut it out and accidentally hit the pin with the grinder.

The second set was much more cunning. A broken piece of stainless steel tumbling media was in the case and wedged on the expander on the Pacific set. On removing the decapping pin fell out and ended up who knows where. I could have just gotten more pins, but dumb me vise gripped the decapping unit without thinking and marred up the threads on top.

I've been reloading for years and have never had problems like this then, bam, twice in a week. As far as reloading misfortunes go, this isn't too bad.

salpal48
08-18-2020, 03:38 PM
Call CH4D ask for Denny. He can guide you with the sizes. Generally they have all sizes
Sal

gwpercle
08-18-2020, 07:41 PM
Check with CH4D , they make / sell replacement parts and the Pacific decapping rod looks just like a CH die's rod ...I bet they have one , just tell them it's for a 308 Winchester . Nice folks to do business with .

www.ch4d.com
Gary

phantom22
08-19-2020, 07:18 AM
Thanks, I'll call the CH4D folks.