PDA

View Full Version : My russia m95 nagant revolver

Doug Bowser
12-03-2008, 12:11 PM
I have a 1945 mfg Izevsk Nagant Revolver. The revolver was refinished and has new grips. The bore is mint. I bought a .32-20 chambering reamer and re-chambered it to that caliber. The gas seal feature no longer works, with the .32-20 ammunition, but the revolver functions well and is quite accurate. It shoots 2.5" off the sandbags at 25 yards.

The load it likes the best is the Hornady HBWC and 4.3 gr Unique. It also likes Lee's 93 rg RN for the .32 S&W Long sized .310" 4.3 gr Unique.

I carry it in my truck with Hornady 77 gr HP jacketed bullets.

The best thing is, the original 7.62x35r ammo can be used in it as well.

Doug Bowser

Scrounger
12-03-2008, 12:33 PM
I just checked Aim Surplus and they have them for $79,95 but I don't allow guns that ugly in my house...

Bullshop
12-03-2008, 02:39 PM
In my gun I have been getting better accuracy with heavier boolits and slower powder.
The boolit giving best service so far is the tried and true (for the 32/20) 115gn fn. Without going to the shop I cant be sure of the load I settled on but think it is 7gn Alcan 7. Yea thats right Alcan #7. I have several pounds of Alcan powders #5, #7, #8 I am using up. The #5 is working way good in the 45 acp and # 8 is just right for mag pistol cases, 22 hornet and such.
Did an action job on the little Russian that turned out good. The single action pull was so heavy by the time it fired I was forgetting what I was aiming at. Double action required a crowbar. Now its perty darn good and gets to go along on rabbit rides.
Maybe if I put some oversize grips on it it will pass for a K-32, ya think?
I guess Scrounger is right, the beauty is in the price.
BIC/BS

Ricochet
12-03-2008, 02:57 PM
They grow on you, just as Mosins do. I now think both look rather elegant.

It's no problem reforming .32-20 brass with either a .30 Carbine sizing die or the Lee 7.62mm Nagant kit that Midway sells. No need to do any rechambering.

trickyasafox
12-03-2008, 03:29 PM
I want one- someday I'll snag one- but for an affordable pistol, the associated costs of the dies brass and bullets has made it a future purchase and not a 'right now' purchase.

I could do it in stages, but come on, what fun is having a gun you can't shoot right away :)

Ricochet
12-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Not cheap, but for about $22 + shipping you can get a box of Hot Shot 7.62x38R.

corvette8n
12-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey Doug I remember you from the C&R list, I also bought an Indian Enfield from you.
I traded my Nagant revolver towards a new Marlin 1895 in 45/70, the only thing I remember about mine was the 14,000lb trigger pull in double action.
Mine was dated 1915 and it shot both single and double action, I even had the conversion .32acp cylinder for it.

broomhandle
12-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I have few of them at the moment! They are fun little revolvers. The cost is not bad & even better if you have your C&R lic.
They are very accurate, once you get use to the trigger.

The trigger can be improved with some stoning. The pins & parts holes are just filled with thick bluing & old grease.
90% of the time there is no fitting or polishing of lock works parts at all.

Some guys have thinned the mainspring top & bottom spring leaves & report much nicer trigger & double action shooting. Most buy a spare main spring & measure the spring in the gun with the best trigger & go from there.

The revolver will NEVER be a nice S&W, but it will be much better.
The Russian requirments stated, the revolver can drop a horse at 40 paces.

Good luck,
broomhandle

mooman76
12-04-2008, 09:01 PM
I just checked Aim Surplus and they have them for $79,95 but I don't allow guns that ugly in my house...

I keep mine in the garage!

Fat-beeman
12-04-2008, 09:21 PM
trying to get one from aim need a FFL any one near me? can purchase thru them?
Don:coffee:

Doug Bowser
12-04-2008, 10:11 PM
I keep mine in the garage!

I keep mine under the seat in my truck, to be sure nobody sees it.

Scrounger
12-04-2008, 10:58 PM
trying to get one from aim need a FFL any one near me? can purchase thru them?
Don:coffee:

That gun can be shipped to a C & R license holder. If you don't have one, you should get one. $30 for 3 years. Lots of milsurp guns you can order with it and have them shipped directly to you. Here is a link to their office where you can order an application. I believe the form number is 7 CR