PDA

View Full Version : Bore Scope

beemer
08-13-2020, 01:50 PM
In a recent issue of The Fouling Shot there was a review for a Teslong bore scope, I kicked the idea around for a while and ordered one. With all the junk I have it's far past needing much of anything but that obviously never stopped me before. Anyway I ordered it on 8-11 and it came today 8-13.

I had it working on an old laptop in just a few minutes. I've been told that you will see things you don't want to, so far I believe that is correct. Having never used one before I didn't know what to expect. I dought it is as good as the high end ones but I was still surprised. After I adjusted the focus and light it was clear and I could see a lot of detail including all those machine marks, copper and crud I left behind.

One Savage 223 that never seemed to copper much showed a lot of fine machine marks and almost no copper wash. An unissued post war Mosin carbine looked good. The best looking barrel was a Marlin 1949 336A, it's not seen a copper jacket since I got it 12-14 years ago. I have read that those were supposed to be left over 03A3 blanks.

Anyway I'm pleased with my shiny new toy. Now I need to learn to read what I see.

Dave

El Greco
08-13-2020, 02:40 PM
Where did you get from? More info please

beemer
08-13-2020, 08:29 PM
I ordered it from Amazon, also ordered a set of mirrors but their not here yet. Got the 26" model, works from 22 cal and up. Just put Teslong bore scope.