PDA

View Full Version : Where should I post a new thread on.....

Dimner
08-12-2020, 10:32 AM
Where should I post a thread on a new AR build I am doing in conjunction with a specific cast boolit load?

I'm not sure if it should be in CB Loads / Military Rifles or Military Rifles

I am planning on starting a thread of the build process of an AR15 specifically for cast boolits. It will cover the build (including all parts) all the way through the load development and final loads (all the techniques used to get accuracy).

So it's really a thread about both the Rifle and the CB Load.

Or should I put it in Special Projects?

mdi
08-12-2020, 11:08 AM
Well, I think I'd post about the rifle in the Military Rifle sub forum (after checking to see if there are other AR threads). When I got to loading cast for it, the Cast Bullets sub forum might be the best place...

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-12-2020, 01:38 PM
I'd think "Military Rifles" forum.

Are you able to source a slower twist barrel? like a 1:12 or 1:14 ?

Dimner
08-12-2020, 02:09 PM
I'd think "Military Rifles" forum.

Are you able to source a slower twist barrel? like a 1:12 or 1:14 ?

I am able to, but I do not plan to use one - on purpose. I have a bunch of tricks up my sleeve that I do not think have been documented recently. I'm playing mad scientist with this project. I will start the thread later tonight when I am able to get pics.

Texas by God
08-12-2020, 06:40 PM
Bring It On.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

smoked turkey
08-14-2020, 12:03 AM
I'm all ears, & eyes to see what you come up with. Have you selected a caliber for your new build?

Winger Ed.
08-14-2020, 12:27 AM
'Special Projects' is another good choice.

Maybe split it and do the load info on 'Cast Boolits'.

Dimner
08-14-2020, 01:17 AM
it's gonna be 223/556. I figure that's the hardest one to cast for. So I'm going to start there. I'm just waiting on one more part for the build, then I will post. Or maybe I will start it tomorrow and document the process I am going to try to go through. I think it will be a long lived thread, even if I am the only one active in it :)

I think I'm going to do it in CB Loads / Military Rifles . The AR is pretty much a military rifle but the project wouldn't be happening if I were not working with cast bullet loads.