PDA

View Full Version : BANNED: An Overview of Restricted Guns, Ammo and Parts in Each State

Conditor22
08-08-2020, 08:05 PM
BANNED: An Overview of Restricted Guns, Ammo and Parts in Each State

https://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/banned-guns/?utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Chronicle+080820-Banned+Guns-2020-08-09+02%3A00%3A00&sc_src=email_7842892&sc_lid=370388873&sc_uid=n4z4XXJp7q&sc_llid=325285&sc_eh=57e79b5657e6a7cf1

Any credit or blame for this information goes to cheaperthandirt.com, I'm just posting the link :)

bakerjw
08-08-2020, 09:34 PM
Aw man.... We can't have explosive bullets in Tennessee.... :(

Good link.

Ozark mike
08-08-2020, 09:38 PM
You can have whatever yore heart desires jus dont get caught

nwfdub
08-08-2020, 09:56 PM
I need to move you Mississippi......

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

El Greco
08-08-2020, 11:34 PM
Thank God I live in Utah.

megasupermagnum
08-08-2020, 11:43 PM
One gray area, due to a very poorly written definition, is that in Minnesota handguns can not have barrels longer than 16".

Stewbaby
08-08-2020, 11:51 PM
I need to move you Mississippi......

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Hey, I knew we’d be in good shape here, but for once we might be first and it not be a bad thing!

in the landmass between Alabama and Louisiana...

FISH4BUGS
08-09-2020, 06:51 AM
New Hampshire? NO BANS! Live free or die!

frankenfab
08-09-2020, 07:50 AM
Machine guns and SBRs are not banned in Arkansas. I don't know where they got that idea.

GhostHawk
08-09-2020, 08:48 AM
North Dakota is good, ban free!

redhawk0
08-09-2020, 08:50 AM
I can't wait to move 1/2 mile north to NH....MA sux.

redhawk

dragon813gt
08-09-2020, 09:08 AM
I’m trying to figure out PA. They list “offensive weapons” which is confusing. Switchblades are prohibited but that’s it. You can walk down the street w/ a sword strapped to your hip if you wanted. And if that’s not the definition of an offensive weapon then I don’t know what is. Philly has some restrictions regarding knives and you can’t open carry if you don’t have a concealed carry permit. But overall there are next to no restrictions if you stay out of Philly.

jdfoxinc
08-09-2020, 09:09 AM
Man all the free states have weather I dont like.

Battis
08-09-2020, 10:05 AM
I live in Massachusetts, and I have all the guns I want. The problem is the large retailers that won't ship ammo or legal guns (C&R for example) to MA. Perfectly legal but they're afraid of the AG.

bedbugbilly
08-09-2020, 10:55 AM
Condition22 - thanks for posting this - a good thing to bookmark.

Drm50
08-09-2020, 11:08 AM
I never did understand the laws against switch blades. It’s like the laws against AR & AK type rifles.
Like Hillary says, at this point what difference does it make. If you aren’t going to stab anyone with your Folding Hunter, it’s very unlikely you would with a Switch Blade. If you aren’t shooting people with your Remington 7400 you probably won’t with a AR either.

MrWolf
08-09-2020, 11:20 AM
I never did understand the laws against switch blades. It’s like the laws against AR & AK type rifles.
Like Hillary says, at this point what difference does it make. If you aren’t going to stab anyone with your Folding Hunter, it’s very unlikely you would with a Switch Blade. If you aren’t shooting people with your Remington 7400 you probably won’t with a AR either.

Try NJ. A slingshot is considered a weapon of mass destruction and is a felony to have one. Move to West Virginia. Our weather is actually pretty good in the winter.

white eagle
08-09-2020, 11:21 AM
Banned In Wisconsin
:
None; free state with no major restrictions on guns, ammo or parts.

even though we have Democratic leaders this is how we remain

we have great weather in winter here to Snow,cold and no FIBS

Drm50
08-09-2020, 11:31 AM
I’m in Ohio. I don’t think switchblades are illegal here. Most switch blades I have seen are not good steel. This includes US military ones with orange handles. The only ones worth having are older quality makes, which are expensive antiques or new ones that are quite expensive too. I had one of the Camilus GI issue that I brought home from RVn. I gave it to a guy who lost his arm in an industrial accident. They gave him a job in tool crib when he recovered. He sharpened it so many times that shroud cutter was all that was left in a couple years.

glaciers
08-09-2020, 12:02 PM
Banned In Wisconsin
:
None; free state with no major restrictions on guns, ammo or parts.

even though we have Democratic leaders this is how we remain

we have great weather in winter here to Snow,cold and no FIBS

YET, Just look at Oregon and Washington. Ten years ago we were looking to buy a place in one or the other to be near the kids and grandkids. Not anymore. The Democratic leadership has ruined those two states for free thinking law abiding people.
Did not take long. Now the people who know better then you, are in a position and mindset to dictate what they think you should be and do in those states.
White Eagle, be vigilant, or it will come to your state. I hope I'm wrong.

dragon813gt
08-09-2020, 12:03 PM

They gave the same reason they did to pass the Sullivan Act in New York and the NFA federally, gang violence. It’s always under the guise of safety for public when in reality it’s about control of the public. I don’t see the appeal of a switchblade. But I’m certainly not for restricting them. I almost always a have a knife on me. The one lone exception is an airport. First thing I pull out of my baggage is the knife I travel w/. Something is better than nothing and unfortunately I can’t travel w/ firearms to a lot of the places I work.

Markopolo
08-09-2020, 12:09 PM
wooohooo.. no bans here... and lots of land to spread out for those hardy enough to live without fast food chains...

Ozark mike
08-09-2020, 01:07 PM
Man all the free states have weather I dont like.

The weather is perfect here can hit 100 in the summer and in the winter we get dow to -50 with a 70 mph wind not to mention ice fishing Sleding and we got the polar bear club who strip off almost all their clothes and jump in the river in january. Its great to be a montanian.....:veryconfu

MT Gianni
08-09-2020, 03:27 PM
Mike, friends also do "Skunk parties" where the first skunk sighting, alive or roadkill gets us in the river.

Plate plinker
08-09-2020, 04:02 PM
There are errors in that write up.

kens
08-09-2020, 04:20 PM
what is the low melting point law?
Is that outlawing lead bullets, or, a gun made of lead?

Ozark mike
08-09-2020, 04:22 PM
It prohibits any handgun having a frame made from powdered metal, or any material having a melting point less than 1000 degrees F

thxmrgarand
08-09-2020, 09:06 PM
If this list is complete and intended to be comprehensive then it falls short according to my understanding of the situation in some of the more anti states. For example, I have long had the belief that all guns have to be registered in MA (is that true?). I also believe there are some similar restrictive measures in CT; a couple years ago a fellow who has long lived in CT (or NYC, don't recall for sure) was cleaning out the family house here in my town, in a constitutional carry state, and he had a very nice S&W .357 he purchased new while in college, in the PNW, in 1972. He said that gun would not be allowed in CT for some reason related to him owning it but keeping it in AK for decades, so we agreed to a price at the estate sale - his price, as I really liked the gun - but he couldn't bring himself to part with it so he left it here with a friend. He said he was so attached to the S&W that if not for his wife he would rent a car in Seattle and drive to the east coast with the gun so there would be no record of bringing a gun to that state. He told me the mandatory prison sentence if he took it to CT and was caught but I cannot recall. Another example; a member of our winter trap league team moved to HI. He told me he could not legally have a handgun on the island he was relocating, and he said he would be required to keep the local chief of police up to date on changes to his ammo inventory. Another example; a married couple, both enlisted personnel in the US Armed Forces here were being transferred to DE and having a moving sale. They were very sad at having to part with a number of semi-auto guns they said they could not possess in DE. They were also selling ammo they believed would not be allowed in DE, and their beliefs were said to be based upon official information they received about their transfer from AK. Recently a number of WA residents I know have begun keeping guns in AK because those particular guns now bring legal trouble in WA; at least that is what they believe. When I look at the entries on this list for these states the list appears to be much less restrictive than my anecdotal experiences have me believing. My fear is that if the elections go the wrong way for gun owners this November we could all be faced with problems I have heard about in other states.

Butzbach
08-16-2020, 10:36 AM
SNIP Most switch blades I have seen are not good steel. This includes US military ones with orange handles. The only ones worth having are older quality makes, which are expensive antiques or new ones that are quite expensive too. SNIP

You should take a look at the Benchmade stilettos.

reddog81
08-16-2020, 12:39 PM
There are errors in that write up.

They got Iowa wrong. Machine guns are unavailable to ordinary citizens.

dtknowles
08-16-2020, 11:41 PM
If machine guns are banned in Louisiana then we have some criminals at the local shooting range most weekends.

Tim