PDA

View Full Version : Are we living in the end times?

Pages : [1] 2

exile
08-05-2020, 07:41 PM
Are we living in the end times?

Will time as we know it come to an end?

What are some indications that time might be coming to an end?

If time does come to an end, can we escape the consequences of this event?

What does the Bible have to say on this subject?

What do you think?

exile

dverna
08-05-2020, 07:52 PM
End of times will affect the whole world. So what is happening here, while important to us, is not a harbinger of the end. The virus is bad but not that bad.

The deterioration of the USA, is not the end of times.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-05-2020, 08:12 PM
Sometimes I think the end is very near.
...BUT it's said the Lord will return like a thief in the night, and like a thief, we won't know when that is.

Also, I've read that many other peoples in many other times, have thought they were living in the end times too.

Finster101
08-05-2020, 08:31 PM
No man shall know the day or the hour.

GhostHawk
08-05-2020, 09:10 PM
Only way out for sure is to have a solid relationship with the Lord your God. If he says your saved, chances are pretty good I'd say.

When the last trump sounds that is the ONLY way.

So the question is, are we that close?

IMO we could be. I'm ready, are you?

kungfustyle
08-05-2020, 09:42 PM
Read Mathew 24 on. We have a bit to go, but not much. Everything is in place for the last parts of the Bible to take place.

Thundarstick
08-05-2020, 10:16 PM

Yes

Yes

Every year I get a year older. Every thing I eat winds up crap. I don't know how I'm going to get out of this world alive!

No

Some

What do you think?

The end of days is irrelevant to me! My "days" end and my eternity is locked whether judgment day is the year after I leave this realm, or ten thousand years into the future! Be wise in this life, it's a one shot deal!

exile

I answered in the ops quote.

Thunder Stick
08-06-2020, 12:29 AM
Ezekiel’s prophecy of the dry bones coming back to life were fulfilled when Israel became a nation again, in May of 1948. That was the biggest prophetic event in the last 2,000 years.

There are seven church ages, detailed in Revelation chapters 1-3. The last age being the church of Laodicea. In chapter 4, John is commanded to “come up here” and enters heaven, which is representative of the rapture of the church. Note that after chapter 3, the church is no longer mentioned in the Bible, except for a brief epilogue at the end.

After the wrath of God is fulfilled, Jesus Christ reigns on earth for 1,000 years and the devil is restrained during that time. There will be peace on earth and no death. After that 1,000 year reign of Christ, the devil is released and there is a final battle. Then comes the end of time and the beginning of eternity.

Read your Bible. (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.) Study the books of Ezekiel, Daniel, Joel and Revelation, as well as Matthew chapter 24. But especially Revelation. It comes with a blessing for reading it.

bakerjw
08-06-2020, 08:20 AM
Personally I believe that a lot of what was foretold in Revelations came to pass in the century or so after Jesus ascended. A little over 100 years ago, pre WWI, people were saying the same thing as they are these days. Then again pre WWII.

Now as for what is going on here in the states. For many many decades, the US has been the pinnacle of freedom and opportunity. With the divide in this country where one side wants Marxist policies, an end to capitalism and capitulation to lawlessness, I see a bleak future full of suffering ahead.

Thunder Stick
08-06-2020, 08:47 AM
Personally I believe that a lot of what was foretold in Revelations came to pass in the century or so after Jesus ascended.

Actually, the events such as those in Revelation chapter 8 & 9 have not yet happened in human history.

The Trumpets

6 Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.

7 The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10 The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11 the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

Revelation 9

8 A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths. 19 The power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails were like snakes, having heads with which they inflict injury.

20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Ickisrulz
08-06-2020, 10:36 AM
Ezekiel’s prophecy of the dry bones coming back to life were fulfilled when Israel became a nation again, in May of 1948. That was the biggest prophetic event in the last 2,000 years.

I am not a big student of eschatology except for the big picture. I want to point out the following:

The Jews lost the land when they rejected Jesus as the Christ (fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD). The nation was cut off and will not be reinstated until it recognizes Jesus as the Christ (Luke 13:33-35, Romans 9-11). So what changed in 1948 that would prompt God to give them back the land? Absolutely nothing, they did it on their own with the help of the UN. It had nothing to do with Ezekiel's dry bones. Ezekiel's prophecy was in regard to the Jews regaining the land after the Babylonian Captivity--a seemingly impossible event.

ioon44
08-06-2020, 04:41 PM

There are seven church ages, detailed in Revelation chapters 1-3. The last age being the church of Laodicea. In chapter 4, John is commanded to “come up here” and enters heaven, which is representative of the rapture of the church. Note that after chapter 3, the church is no longer mentioned in the Bible, except for a brief epilogue at the end.

After the wrath of God is fulfilled, Jesus Christ reigns on earth for 1,000 years and the devil is restrained during that time. There will be peace on earth and no death. After that 1,000 year reign of Christ, the devil is released and there is a final battle. Then comes the end of time and the beginning of eternity.

Read your Bible. (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.) Study the books of Ezekiel, Daniel, Joel and Revelation, as well as Matthew chapter 24. But especially Revelation. It comes with a blessing for reading it.

Yes and Amen

1hole
08-06-2020, 05:41 PM
Everyone knows "He will return suddenly like a thief in the night" and "no man knows the day or hour." BUT, few seem to notice that scripture also says that those who pay attention to the "signs of the times" will NOT be caught unawares so it behoves those of us who care to pay attention to world events and not be automatic scoffers. (See Mat 24:3, 1 Thes 5:2-4 and Thunder's excellent post #10)

Virtually all prophecy is preceded by events that casts shadows forward to give the world a taste of what's to come. Several thin shadows of end-times prophecies did occur shortly after the Lord's resurrection but they clearly were not a "fulfilment" of the last days prophecies.

I'm not going to point out all the national and world events we never expected to see but do see, everyday; everyone can see it for themselves on the lying fake news. Indeed, we should all know that tension is building to a world wide break that could very well be setting the world up for the coming antichrist's political entrance.

So, are we IN the last days of the world as we know it? Obviously. But, are we in THE last days? Dunno, but no one can honestly deny that we are rapidly headed that way. Satan clearly has a strangle hold on world wide deep state radicals inside and outside governments and they are determined to end society as history has known it.

There are a LOT of Biblical prophecies still ahead but there are no more prophecies that needs to be fulfilled before the return of the Lord for his church (i.e., the rapture, 1 Thes 4:16-17) so that part of the end times could happen at any moment.

Still doubt? Look at the signs of the times; humanity IS standing on the precipice of a massive rupture and it sure don't look good for those who aren't ready to leave this world and go to Him.

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!

Scrounge
08-06-2020, 05:53 PM
Everyone knows "He will return suddenly like a thief in the night" and "no man knows the day or hour." BUT, few seem to notice that scripture also says that those who pay attention to the "signs of the times" will NOT be caught unawares so it behoves those of us who care to pay attention to world events and not be automatic scoffers. (See Mat 24:3, 1 Thes 5:2-4 and Thunder's excellent post #10)

Virtually all prophecy is preceded by events that casts shadows forward to give the world a taste of what's to come. Several thin shadows of end-times prophecies did occur shortly after the Lord's resurrection but they clearly were not a "fulfilment" of the last days prophecies.

I'm not going to point out all the national and world events we never expected to see but do see, everyday; everyone can see it for themselves on the lying fake news. Indeed, we should all know that tension is building to a world wide break that could very well be setting the world up for the coming antichrist's political entrance.

So, are we IN the last days of the world as we know it? Obviously. But, are we in THE last days? Dunno, but no one can honestly deny that we are rapidly headed that way. Satan clearly has a strangle hold on world wide deep state radicals inside and outside governments and they are determined to end society as history has known it.

There are a LOT of Biblical prophecies still ahead but there are no more prophecies that needs to be fulfilled before the return of the Lord for his church (i.e., the rapture, 1 Thes 4:16-17) so that part of the end times could happen at any moment.

Still doubt? Look at the signs of the times; humanity IS standing on the precipice of a massive rupture and it sure don't look good for those who aren't ready to leave this world and go to Him.

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!

It's kind of hard to tell. My 2nd stepfather thought very seriously that we were just before the Rapture in 1965. He was training my little brother and I to be his soldiers in the aftermath. I guess he didn't expect to be one of those Raptured. Here it is, 55 years later, and things look about the same to me. I wonder, how many people have felt the same way over the past 2000 years?

1hole
08-06-2020, 09:04 PM
.... Here it is, 55 years later, and things look about the same to me. I wonder, how many people have felt the same way over the past 2000 years?

How many? I suspect a lot of people have felt the same as you for much longer than 2000 years! But, I ask, what does that "prove"? The answer to that is nothing; the errors of the past don't negate the reality of the coming future. Read 2 Peter 3:1-18 and fit it all together for yourself.

Ref. the Rapture, even the oldest, dustiest dead in Christ will rise before the living (1 Thess 4:16)! So, for the Rapture, being alive or dead on that day will make no difference, all believers will rise (1 Cor 15:51-52).

Just for the rest of the story, non-believers of all ages will stay dead until after the Millennial Kingdom. At that point only the "goats" who have rejected Jesus will stand before the Great White Throne for sentencing of the "second death" meaning eternally alive but without any of the good things of God that we all have now and THAT will indeed be HELL!

Scrounge
08-06-2020, 09:18 PM
How many? I suspect a lot of people have felt the same as you for much longer than 2000 years! But, I ask, what does that "prove"? The answer to that is nothing; the errors of the past don't negate the reality of the coming future. Read 2 Peter 3:1-18 and fit it all together for yourself.

Ref. the Rapture, even the oldest, dustiest dead in Christ will rise before the living (1 Thess 4:16)! So, for the Rapture, being alive or dead on that day will make no difference, all believers will rise (1 Cor 15:51-52).

Just for the rest of the story, non-believers of all ages will stay dead until after the Millennial Kingdom. At that point only the "goats" who have rejected Jesus will stand before the Great White Throne for sentencing of the "second death" meaning eternally alive but without any of the good things of God that we all have now and THAT will indeed be HELL!

That was essentially my point. Lots of folks have thought it was real near the end doesn't make it so. We may have to wait until no one worries about it anymore, or it may happen before the end of this day, and in any case it will be a surprise.

1hole
08-07-2020, 09:12 AM
... in any case it will be a surprise.

Welll ... it will be to those who aren't paying attention! :)

Thunder Stick
08-07-2020, 09:40 AM
I am not a big student of eschatology except for the big picture. I want to point out the following:

The Jews lost the land when they rejected Jesus as the Christ (fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD). The nation was cut off and will not be reinstated until it recognizes Jesus as the Christ (Luke 13:33-35, Romans 9-11). So what changed in 1948 that would prompt God to give them back the land? Absolutely nothing, they did it on their own with the help of the UN. It had nothing to do with Ezekiel's dry bones. Ezekiel's prophecy was in regard to the Jews regaining the land after the Babylonian Captivity--a seemingly impossible event.

That citation from Luke 13:33-35 is Christ speaking of when the Jews would see Him again. Like Romans 9-11, it does not cover the topic of when Israel actually becomes a nation again.

Surely, we cannot know the day or the hour. In Matthew 24, The Lord Jesus Christ does tell us signs to watch for, which do INDICATE that the time is near.

“Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Matthew 24:32-34

The fig tree represents Israel throughout scripture.

Thunder Stick
08-07-2020, 09:42 AM
Israel – A fulfillment of Prophecy

The fig tree is used throughout the OT to represent when Israel is in their land and right with the Lord. The olive tree is also used of Israel - but is used in a spiritual sense.

I personally believe that many of Jesus' statements are references to the OT, Talmud and Temple that His Jewish listeners knew and were familiar with.

For example John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life..." Did you know that the gates leading into the temple were called “the way” (eastern gate) “the truth” (Nicantor gate) and “the life” (door into Holy Place)?

Thus, we know that 1948 and 1967 are significant prophetical dates. I believe in the Luke version of the Olivet Discourse where Jesus mentions the times of the Gentiles (Luke 21:20-24). Immediately after, He says to learn of the parable of the fig tree. In the ears of His listeners, they would have tied these two things together. They knew and understood that when "every man sits under his own fig tree" was speaking of the future Kingdom of the Messiah.

This is not an either/or interpretation. It is both/and. The fig tree budding tells us what season we are in. It also tells us that when they Jews are again living in Israel - we will know that the times are near.

If the fig tree parable is meaning the signs, then we truly cannot place ourselves with any accuracy on a time line. If the fig tree in the parable stands for Israel then we can put ourselves within a certain part of the line.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. -- Matthew 24:32-33 (see also Luke 21:29-33 and Mark 13:28-30)

There is two different ideas about this parable. The first is that in several places in the bible the 'fig tree' is a symbol of the Jewish Nation. As such this passage indicates that with the sprouting of leaves (rebirth), we know that summer is nigh.

The same thought could be used for the verse in Matthew 21 when Jesus curses a fig tree when he is nearing his crucifixion.

Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered. -- Matthew 21:19

Could this be symbolism of Israel denouncing the messiah and the result of such denial? I can't say. But if it isn't meant to be such, it's still an interesting thought!

This ‘fig-tree parallelism’ can be carried over to recent history: “It's branch become tender and put forth leaves.“ Miraculously, this tiny nation of Israel is quite prosperous today and they are recorded to have the 3rd largest military in the world. And despite their enemies’ best efforts they don't appear to be 'wilting' any time soon.

I want to pause here for a moment. Like a lot of things with the study of prophecy, we should make sure to look at all possibilities within a passage. As such, allow me to present the following:

The other idea about Matthew 24:32-33 is simply that this passage states that when 'all these things' - meaning all of these signs (that we haven't gotten to yet in this study, including the rebirth of Israel) - signify the beginning of the end.

The main reason for this belief is that the Luke passage mentions the fig tree and all trees.

The other reason here is that Christ describes many things, some of which we know from the book of Revelation occur in the Tribulation. With this in mind, it may indeed be that Christ was talking about THAT generation within the Tribulation. I’ll let you make up you own mind on this issue, but regardless with all we have been studying, it is an exciting prospect in either case.

Before we move on, let’s take a moment to look at the word generation within those passages.

In the words from Matthew, " Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. "

Which Generation?

The one that sees these signs.

Isn't that Generation Alive today?

Yes, I believe it is.

How long is a Generation?

GOOD QUESTION!

Is it 50 years? 100 years? Can we define it? Not sure... But I will offer the following obscure Psalm 90 written by Moses. In which Moses writes:

"The days of our years are threescore years and ten (70); and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years (80), yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath." -- Psalms 90:10-11

Now how is that for curious?

The question now to ask is when did this prophetic countdown begin?

Did it begin with the birth of the Nation in 1948 or the regaining of Jerusalem in 1967? Or is it some other sign Christ mentions prior to his announcement of the final Generation in these passages?

That question I cannot answer, and perhaps we are not supposed to know. All we do know is that we are warned to 'Watch'.

”Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.” – Matthew 24:42

If it was just these passages to consider with deciding if these are the end times, we would be left with much speculation. As there could be arguments for either side. However, lucky for us, God gives us other signs and warnings to serve as signs to the final generation. God wants us to know and recognize the generation. As mentioned above and several times throughout the New Testament, God wants us to Watch and be ready and lucky for us, he told us in several other passages, what to watch for.

Also considered that the fig tree prophecy could be related to these two verses:

When I found Israel, it was like finding grapes in the desert; when I saw your fathers, it was like seeing the early fruit on the fig tree. (Hosea 9:10)

Then the word of the LORD came to me: “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Like these good figs, I regard as good the exiles from Judah, whom I sent away from this place to the land of the Babylonians. My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land.’” (Jer. 24:4-6)

Could this be about the return of good figs back to the holy land, which happened in 1948?

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree. When its branch is still tender and puts out leaves, you know that summer is near.
Mat 24:33 So you, likewise, when you see all these things, shall know that it is near, at the doors.
Mat 24:34 Truly I say to you, This generation shall not pass until all these things are fulfilled.
Mat 24:35 The heaven and the earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.

G3850
parabole¯
Thayer Definition:
2c) a narrative, fictitious but agreeable to the laws and usages of human life, by which either the duties of men or the things of God, particularly the nature and history of God's kingdom are figuratively portrayed.

Jesus could have said "notice the fig tree, when you see leaves..." He didn't. He said, "Now learn the parable of the fig tree..." This tells me there is more to it than just noticing that all these events point to something about to happen. I believe He used the fig tree on purpose.

Notice that Thayer says of parables that they are often used to explain the kingdom. Every time you see the word kingdom, you can translate that - Jesus Christ's literal reign on earth. The context of Matt 24 is the end times and Jesus is explaining what to look for, as a general landmark so we would know what generation it would be.

So why did Jesus use the fig tree as His example? Remember - when on earth Jesus was a Jewish rabbi and would have used examples well known to Jewish people. A brief survey of the tanakh (Old Testament) shows that when the fig tree is used as a symbol it is in reference to the Jews being in possession of their land. When the fig tree is blooming - the Jews are in Israel and all is right with the world.

Jdg 9:10 And the trees said to the fig tree, You come and reign over us.
Here, Israel wanted a king like all the other nations. They were finding it too hard to maintain a loose confederacy and raising up a judge every time they were attacked.

1Ki 4:25 And Judah and Israel lived safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beer-sheba, all the days of Solomon.

Son 2:13 the fig tree puts forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, My love, My beautiful one, and come away.

Interesting verse. Speaking of the bride and groom going away when the fig tree blooms. I think it's prophetic.

Joe 1:6 For a nation has come up on My land, strong and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he has the jaw teeth of a lioness.
Joe 1:7 He has laid My vine waste and splintered My fig tree. He has stripped it and cast it away; its branches grow white.
Joe 2:21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice. For Jehovah will do great things.
Joe 2:22 Do not be afraid, beasts of the field; for the pastures of the wilderness grow green; for the tree bears its fruit, and the fig tree and the vine yield their strength.
Joe 2:23 Be glad then, sons of Zion, and rejoice in Jehovah your God. For He has given you the former rain according to righteousness, and He will cause the rain to come down for you, the former rain and the latter rain in the first month.
Mic 4:2 And many nations shall come and say, Come and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, and to the house of the God of Jacob. And He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths; for the Law shall go forth out of Zion, and the Word of Jehovah from Jerusalem.
When the fig tree droops - Israel has been bad - God takes them out of the Land. When the fig tree blooms, Israel is forgiven and in the Land.

Mic 4:3 And He shall judge between many peoples, and will decide for strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, And they shall not still learn war.
Mic 4:4 But they shall sit each one under his vine and under his fig tree; and there shall be no trembling; for the mouth of Jehovah of Hosts has spoken,
Israel will be in the Land during the reign of the Messiah.

Zec 3:9 For behold! I will bring forth My Servant the Branch. For behold the stone that I have set before Joshua: On one stone are seven eyes. Behold, I will engrave its engraving, says Jehovah of Hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
Zec 3:10 In that day, says Jehovah of Hosts, you shall call, each man to his neighbor, to sit under the vine and under the fig tree.
When Messiah appears, He will remove iniquity of the land in one day. Then the Jews will dwell in their Land securely.

CONCLUSION

I think it is fairly safe and doctrinally sound to say that the parable of the fig tree that Jesus used in Matt 24 has to do with the Jews dwelling safely in Ha'Eretz (the Land). This is the landmark sign He wanted us to note - when you see Israel again as a nation (1948) - this is the generation that will see all these things come to pass. This doesn't allow us to pinpoint a day or hour - no man knows that - but it does give us a ballpark idea of when to start putting all the clues together. Let us lift up our heads for our redemption draweth nigh!

dtknowles
08-07-2020, 01:59 PM
[....CONCLUSION

I think it is fairly safe and doctrinally sound to say that the parable of the fig tree that Jesus used in Matt 24 has to do with the Jews dwelling safely in Ha'Eretz (the Land). This is the landmark sign He wanted us to note - when you see Israel again as a nation (1948) - this is the generation that will see all these things come to pass. This doesn't allow us to pinpoint a day or hour - no man knows that - but it does give us a ballpark idea of when to start putting all the clues together. Let us lift up our heads for our redemption draweth nigh!

Anyone alive in 1948 is 72 years of age or older. Something like three quarters of the people alive in 1948 have already died. Of Israel's 9 million inhabitants less than a million were alive in 1948. It seems that if your conclusion is correct many of us will live to see it come to pass. Very few of that generation are left. The life expectancy of someone born in 1948 is 67 years.

Tim

Chemoman
10-18-2020, 10:55 AM
not the end times yet as too many things need to happen first. however they can happen really fast. turkey may be the gog and maygog, straight north of the jews and now they are building a huge army well armed. no rebuilt temple yet and carbon composit is being developed. remember weapons are to be burned as fuel. carbon conposit burns very well.

ACC
10-18-2020, 05:19 PM
Yep, each day is one day closer to Jesus coming back.

ACC

TRM
10-18-2020, 05:23 PM
Most importantly are you saved don’t worry be happy

exile
10-20-2020, 07:11 PM
Chemoman, good thoughts. There may be a lot of events that need to take place before the stage is set for the Second Coming, but it is possible that the Rapture is a completely separate event? If this is so, could it take place at any time?

exile

1hole
10-20-2020, 08:53 PM
The Rapture is indeed a seperate event and it precedes the last seven years of world wide "Tribulation" that we call the "End Times".

There are no prophecies left to fulfill before the Rapture, we are told to live in high expectation that "This could be the day." So, we will have NO certain clue for when it's coming.

However, there is a sure sign for the Tribulation count down for those who live to see it; it starts when Israel signs a seven year peace treaty of protection for them by the leader of a growing power of one man who will eventually expose himself as the Antichrist. The Jews will then rejoice, saying "Peace! Peace at last!" but their dream of peace will be short lived.

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus! :)

ioon44
10-21-2020, 09:04 AM
1 Thessalonians 5:3

Muser
04-19-2021, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone.
I'm new here, but not to studying the Bible. I've been studying Biblical prophecy for almost fifty years, since I was sixteen.
I'm pleased to see that Thunder and 1hole are correctly explaining the Last Days/ End Times here.

I haven't seen in my cursory reading here so far a statement that the events of End Time prophecy are primarily for the Jews, not the Church. As has been already explained Christ's bride will have been raptured before the events of the Great Tribulation of seven years take place. Hence our Lord's teaching of imminence for His return.

I like additional detail questions as well, so here are some just for fun.

- How long after the rapture/catching away/ (parousia) takes place will Israel sign the seven year Peace Treaty?
- The rapture is most definitely separate from our Lord's Second Coming which takes place at the end of the seven year treaty. But how much time will there be in between? And we know that God will visit His wrath against His chosen people in order to draw them back to Him, NOT to purify His church, who is already seen by God through the blood of Christ.
- But is a Mid-Trib Rapture possible? If not, why not?

- Its prophesied in Revelation that there will be a tightly controlled one world economy during the time of the Great Tribulation, is it possible that this will be in place beforehand? (We see globalists working hard at it now, and are already into the early stages of the Great Reset)
- How many are aware that there was an original plan to have the people of our nation at the very least, have a mark on their hand or forehead before 2000 AD.?
There was a slip up where some social security checks were accidentally mailed out that had the stipulation on the back-side for them not to be cashed if the bearer didn't have their identifying mark. Those checks were surreptitiously quickly collected and new ones sent out. (I have a book with a photocopy of one check. I haven't heard more of anything like this since that time.
- One topic that used to come up in Bible studies pre- 2000, was if we are required to get such a mark on our body, is it possible that it would not be the Mark of the Beast? answer: yes its possible.

At the time I'm writing this, there are now 100,00 Russian troups around the Crimean area, and Russian war ships positioned in the Black Sea.
This is a huge expenditure of funds. Is Russia positioning for a major military move?
I don't know how much resistance Ukraine can offer, or if the U.S. will do more to support them.
I'm hoping its only gesturing because I have Christian friends in Kiev after having been there on two missions trips.

Live expecting His return at any time.
God bless you friends.

1hole
04-20-2021, 09:20 PM
Things are indeed rapidly moving towards the culmination of the world as we know it but I doubt it will occur this year or next.

The next big event on the prophetic calendar is the "Rapture" of the church. Rapture is simply the Greek word for being "caught up" and taken away, as if by an eagle ... or Jesus. Collectively, the church constitutes the blood bought Bride of Christ. Thus, all believers, living and dead, will be changed and instantly taken out on that day; we can't know any more about it until it happens. But, the Rapture is by no means the "end", there will be a lot more human history after the Rapture - like all that confusing bad stuff we read about.

Sometime after the Rapture, aa war weary Israel and the rising new world leader will sign a peace treaty that supposedly protects Israel from attack for seven years but it will be a lie; that satanic leader will be the Antichrist.

So, for the next 7 years after the treaty the world will experience all of the horrors of the Tribulation period. The last half of that time will be the "GREAT Tribulation"; meaning life will be a taste of hell on earth for those not taken out in the Rapture. The good news for believers is that those who have believed in and trusted Lord Jesus, not their own good deeds or their worked for religion, for salvation will be out of here during the Tribulation.

At the end of the Tribulation, the previously raptured believers will return with Jesus and establish his Kingdom on earth for 1,000 years. After that, Satan will lead one last war against God and the end of time as we know it will cease. All mankind will either be rewarded as beloved children of God or put away as children of perdition.

One thing about the end that very few people grasp is that we, not God, will choose our final destination for ourselves. Our choice is fixed at the moment we die, either in faith or rebellion. After the first (physical) death there will be no second chances for those who have rejected Jesus in this life and no purgatory for those who didn't quite make it by their own self righteousness. (Today would be a good day to make the right choice!)

Proof: Seems everyone knows John 3:16 but few pay any attention at all to 3:17-18. That's a shame because those two simple verses answer a LOT of questions and sooth a LOT of pointless worrying!

Muser
04-21-2021, 01:14 AM
Right 1hole.

And for those who don't know, the 1,000 year reign of Jesus here on Earth is what is referred to as the "Millennium".
Its after the end of the Millennium that the Great White Throne Judgment of God takes place for all of the unsaved from down through the ages of mankind on Earth.
Many Christians erroneously fear that future "Judgment Day" thinking that they also (all mankind) have to stand before God and be judged.
This is a wrong understanding.
That "Judgment Day" is only for those who have not accepted the salvation of the cross offered freely to all by Jesus Christ.
Christians, the Bride of Christ do have a Judgment Day that all will be called to.
But it is a judgment for rewards earned by Christians during their lives on Earth for their service to our Lord.
Matt. 6: 19-20
It will be a time of great rejoicing!

starnbar
04-28-2021, 07:56 AM
There is one thing that has troubled me greatly I researched the covid vaccine and found there is unborn fetal tissue involved in the manufacture of this product. You do understand that injecting this in your body makes you unclean as in you now have original sin placed in your body if you did get the shot I would strongly advise you to get with your minister priest rabbi etc and get this taken care of. The devil cannot create anything all he can do is destroy and he has been given free reign on this earth.

bakerjw
04-28-2021, 08:04 AM
There is one thing that has troubled me greatly I researched the covid vaccine and found there is unborn fetal tissue involved in the manufacture of this product. You do understand that injecting this in your body makes you unclean as in you now have original sin placed in your body if you did get the shot I would strongly advise you to get with your minister priest rabbi etc and get this taken care of. The devil cannot create anything all he can do is destroy and he has been given free reign on this earth.

I have been researching vaccines since information first started coming out about them.
AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson DO use HEK293 and PER.C6 in the manufacturing process. IMHO, both of these are NOT an option for me. Well, the use of aborted fetal cells and the fact that they use viral injection of foreign DNA to illicit an immune system response.

Pfizer and Moderna DO NOT use aborted cells in the manufacturing process; however, they were used in testing. These are mRNA vaccines which also insert an RNA payload into cells.

Blackwater
05-01-2021, 06:03 PM
To my knowledge, noone has ever established a time frame for the "end times." So, there can be no reliable estimate of how close we may be to the end. And Christ told us nobody knows when the end will come, so speculation on it seems pointless and meaningless. I just try to live NOW the best I know how, and leave all that stuff to the Lord. However, there are certain signs that may cause legitimate concern. Still, I'm thoroughly convinced that the best way to deal with this and similar questions is to just leave it to God and let HIM decide these matters. That's where it rightly belongs, anyway. Some may want it to use to scare nonbelievers into belief, but I've never seen that work, and doubt seriously God wants people to be scared into belief. As soon as the fear is gone, so is the supposed "salvation."

exile
08-14-2021, 02:15 PM
"When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place. Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, calling to the mountains and rocks,

'Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?'"

Revelation 6:12-17 (E.S.V.)

exile

Bigslug
08-14-2021, 02:47 PM

Seems like a silly question. The death of YOU is inevitable, so worrying about the fate of the entire universe just seems like borrowing trouble.

And in the grand context, humanity has suffered the bubonic plague, famines, self-inflicted genocides, wars of industrialized scale,and living through decades of staring down the barrels of a nuclear shotgun. Those were not the "end times" so I'm fairly sure none of the pissant stuff going on now qualifies.

ourflat
08-14-2021, 03:02 PM
Yes, but the end is the beginning! The Book of Enoch is a wonderful read.

Frank

1hole
08-15-2021, 02:21 PM
There will be an end of time as we know it but an end of time as such seems an impossible contradiction. If that were true, like the Groundhog Day movie, everything would have to be frozen in "time" for eternity; that's not going to happen. After the Millennial Kingdom and Satan's last battle before he and his followers go to the Lake of Fire Hell (i.e., the Second Death), the word "time" just won't have the harsh meaning it does now.

Finally, don't sweat which vaccine has what in it because God measures the heart behind whatever we may do (Prov 4:23). So, we can eat bacon too! ;)

exile
08-16-2021, 05:18 PM
"When the Lamb opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour."

Revelation 8:1 (E.S.V.)

exile

.429&H110
08-17-2021, 01:23 PM
Are we living in end times? Yes.

I grow weary of religion sold as "features and benefits" like a Ford.
You need no religion, we all have a relationship.
We can be adopted sons of God. Or not. It is a choice.

We have been sold to so much, by so many, that our hearts are hardened by TV's starving puppies, crystal palace appeals for money, democrats, lying Ford dealers, pastors with feet of clay, and Satan's continuing efforts to make the NFL gay. And so Americans only trust and worship themselves. But I am not God, I cannot worship me.

Someday this world will end. Our time on it in any case is very short.
I believe a better question is:
"What are you going to do with the short time left to you, to serve God?"
If you are re-born, your salvation was for this reason:
you must reach the hardened hearts with the power of the Holy Spirit.
All ministry is local.
We can save America. Or not. It's a choice.

Arguing over the Second Coming
is like arguing over deck chairs on the Titanic.

Char-Gar
08-17-2021, 05:44 PM
There are two solid facts about the return of Jesus:

1. He will return,
2. His return is closer today than it was yesterday.

When you move beyond these two solid facts, you are in the never, never land of speculation and lunatic notions.

wv109323
08-17-2021, 07:22 PM
Jesus's return may or may not be associated with the downfall of the US.
With all that has happened in the last year and one half in the US, I think America is experiencing God's judgement. This may be a sign of Christ's return because of Americas influence in the world.
Some thoughts:
The US dollar is what all other currency is based. With the proposed federal spending hyper-inflation is inevitable. That may well open up another currency or usher in a world currency. One World Order and one world leader.
With all the global internet fraud, that may pave the way for a personal identifaction. A chip in the hand or mark of the beast. A person could not write a bad check, as all financial info could be placed on the chip. All financial info would be worldwide ans controlled by very few.
A personal chip may also contain info whether or not you have been vacinated. This would be a a world wide way to keep up with who is vacinated. So no one could get on a plane unvacinated..
A chip could record ,criminal convictions, political viewpoints, gun ownership and voting information. This could be sold to clean up US elections. Will the US back Israel as in the past? End times says Israel will be alone in its defense.
Just in the last few days Americas influence in foreign relations have been shattered
I think we are well on the way where to a one world order or antichrist.

bangerjim
08-18-2021, 02:58 PM
Every second of every minute of every day is someone's "end of days".

We are all but fellow travelers to the grave. Live life well, for all of a sudden..............you aren't there anymore!

exile
08-18-2021, 04:34 PM
"And when the seven thunders had sounded, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven saying, 'Seal up what the seven thunders have said, and do not write it down.'"

Revelation 10:4 (E.S.V.)

exile

Ickisrulz
08-18-2021, 04:42 PM
There are two solid facts about the return of Jesus:

1. He will return,
2. His return is closer today than it was yesterday.

When you move beyond these two solid facts, you are in the never, never land of speculation and lunatic notions.

This is how I understand the issue.

ioon44
08-19-2021, 10:07 AM
Every second of every minute of every day is someone's "end of days".

We are all but fellow travelers to the grave. Live life well, for all of a sudden..............you aren't there anymore!

But you are somewhere else.

exile
08-20-2021, 08:49 PM
"...but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months."

Revelation 11:2 (E.S.V.)

exile

Bloodman14
08-25-2021, 03:43 PM
Might I ask a question? If Christ will come as a thief in the night, why does He indicate that the sky shall light up with lightning from East to West, and trumpets sounding? If He comes as a thief in the night, wouldn't that mean He will come silently? Did I miss something?

exile
08-27-2021, 01:06 PM
Sometimes thieves are quiet. Sometimes they are noisy. However, the one thing they all have in common is the element of surprise. I think that being taken by surprise is the issue here.

"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ."

Philippians 3:20 (E.S.V.)

exile

Traffer
08-27-2021, 01:16 PM
The end times started when Jesus ascended into heaven. There was a greater indication of His return during the twelve Apostles lifetime than ever. No one knows when Jesus will return. In other words, it doesn't matter. We are aliens and strangers here ...our citizenship is in heaven. Our focus should be on things above.
I believe that the people who are obsessed with "end times" and "seeing into the future" are actually dangerously close to indulging in divination.

exile
08-28-2021, 05:55 PM
"...and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months."

Revelation 13:5 (E.S.V.)

exile

jdfoxinc
08-28-2021, 07:00 PM
I accepted Jesus as my savior at the age of 13. Every evangelical preacher I've heard since then has said that "The end is near." I'm now 66. All I know is that I look forward to ky heavenly body that wont hurt every waking minute however I acquire it. By death or rapture.

pmer
08-28-2021, 08:11 PM
Might I ask a question? If Christ will come as a thief in the night, why does He indicate that the sky shall light up with lightning from East to West, and trumpets sounding? If He comes as a thief in the night, wouldn't that mean He will come silently? Did I miss something?

Thief in the night refers to a surprise or not knowing when His return occurs.

Finster101
08-28-2021, 08:24 PM
You start dying the day you were born. I'll submit that every man living after Jesus was and is living in the "end times"

exile
08-29-2021, 06:03 PM
"Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power."

1 Corinthians 15:24 (E.S.V.)

exile

dannyd
08-29-2021, 06:08 PM
Yes we are: get saved then relax and enjoy the ride. :)

Thundarstick
08-30-2021, 05:08 AM
Yes we are: get saved then relax and enjoy the ride. :)

I'd say, yes we are! Put on your armor and join the fight! Are we called to a life of luxury?

dverna
08-30-2021, 08:20 AM
I do not fear death as my soul does not die. I am not thrilled about the process as there is a good chance it will be prolonged and painful.

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama, sabaachthani?" that is to say, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46

Jesus suffered a painful death. Even Jesus felt forsaken by His Father...and I believe Jesus knew better. There must have been hours when Jesus wanted to die and end the suffering. But He had to suffer to do pay for our sins.

My point is even Jesus feared painful death...but not death itself.

DougGuy
08-30-2021, 08:57 AM

What do you think?

exile

1. ALL of us are approaching our own end time, each day we are a day closer.

2. Yes, but then we will be on eternal time.

3. Terminal illness, drunk driving crashes, suicide, on the job accident, all of these could serve as an indication that time may be coming to an end (for the individual).

4. NO

5. The Bible tells us all these things will come to pass. It also tells us that Jesus died for our sins and through him we shall have eternal life.

6. Re-read number 5.

dannyd
08-30-2021, 09:10 AM
You can have some fun with this topic: A kid told me the vaccine was mark of the beast; told him not this one then showed him my smallpox scare and started talking like a robot. ;)

exile
09-07-2021, 03:48 PM
"Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near."

Revelation 1:3 (E.S.V.)

exile

1hole
09-08-2021, 09:45 PM

Good questions. To get the answers we have to correctly separate two end times events; the Rapture and the Second Coming.

The "SURPRISE!" event is when Jesus calls his people, living and dead, to rise up to heaven in the twinkling of an eye to be with him during the seven years of Tribulation on earth. That calling up is the Rapture (meaning "caught up") of the believers of the true church at that time; the Rapture is NOT the "second coming."

Then, at the end of the seven years of Tribulation, the Lord will come down to earth again, i.e., the second coming, and the lightning, etc, will be seen around the world. (And even that is not the "end time", it's only the beginning of Jesus' thousand year reign of his enforced peace on earth.)

savagetactical
09-13-2021, 10:04 AM
I know someone who believes we are witnessing the fulfillment of prophecies as foretold in Ezekiel 38-39 , and I disagreed with him . Because the Israel of today is most definitely not the land of unwalled villages. We also do not understand which millennium the scripture speaks of ,I know it is tempting to for us to try to apply the prophecies of the Bible concerning events of the end into our own contemporary context. Just food for thought as we all try to understand the Bible .

1hole
09-13-2021, 01:59 PM
I know someone who believes we are witnessing the fulfillment of prophecies as foretold in Ezekiel 38-39 , and I disagreed with him . Because the Israel of today is most definitely not the land of unwalled villages.

Roger that. Nor is Israel in a bloody war with the second ring of countries surrounding it; prophecy is always detailed truth when it's fulfilled. (See Psm 83 for the inner ring of Israel's surrounding enemies.)

justindad
11-12-2021, 03:41 AM
Let’s imagine ID2020 gets implemented on a global scale in the next few years, in response to counterfeit documentation/ID/etc. Many people are so scared that they would get a digital tattoo with blockchain security to verify who & what they are. Let’s suppose, for our own security and for a multitude of humanitarian reasons, the Federal Reserve moves to digital currency which eventually gets linked to this new ID. It’s easy to call that scenario a crazy conspiracy theory, but it’s also easy to imagine.
How many times will there be a globally mandated system, that controls our ability to buy/sell/work before the mark of the beast comes along? While impossible to answer, the first time it happens will be quite alarming to me.
I’m watching for this now, and I’m also watching for the construction of a third Jewish Temple. Ten years is plenty of time for these things to take place.
(Sorry for the tone of my wording - nothing is meant by it other than my own sense of concern.)

1hole
11-12-2021, 10:58 PM
It's worth mentioning that "time as we know it" won't end until long after the Rapture of the Church. That time will include at least the seven years of Tribulation, plus the following 1,000 year earthly Kingdom of Jesus, plus the undefined (and rarely mentioned) time after the Kingdom age as will be required for Satan's last gasp effort at rebellion; plus the following separation of remaining sheep from the goats of all ages before the Great White Throne to be justly sentenced to their eternal places in the Lake of Fire for their bad works in the flesh. (Meaning that not every lost soul who has rejected Jesus as Lord will go to hell to be punished exactly the same as everyone else ... as some preachers wrongly say. BUT, every rebellious soul will be in hell and, at its best, there will be no bright, happy corners of rest or good time buddies and beer parties in hell!)

However, the sudden resurrection of the believing dead and concurrent snatch-up (Rapture) of the Church (i.e., the body of believers in this New Covenant age of salvation by faith alone in Jesus alone) IS the next scheduled end times event and that can occur at anytime; I can get excited looking forward to it! (See 1 Cor 15:52 and 1 Thes 4:17 for confirmation.)

Combatmedic63
12-27-2021, 06:12 PM

I feel the need to correct your post only because I don't want others to feel mislead. You stated that the unsaved would stay dead and in the ground after the rapture and until the Great White Throne Judgement. Sorry, but this is not correct. Here's why:
In Old Testament times and in the days of Christ’s ministry upon earth, the spirits of all the dead departed to a place known as Sheol in the Hebrew and Hades in the Greek. Sheol or Hades was divided into two sections — one for the saved called Abraham’s bosom and one for the unsaved which was the place of torments. These two places were separated by a great gulf so that one could not pass from one to the other.

Since Christ’s resurrection and ascension the righteous dead are no longer in Hades but are in Paradise. Today when the saved die they go directly into the presence of Christ which is far better (2 Cor. 5:8). But what about the unsaved dead? Their abode has not yet been changed. When an unsaved person dies he goes directly to Hades (Hell) which is the place of torment. The Bible makes it clear that all the unsaved dead go the Hell and remain there until they are resurrected to appear before God at the Great White Throne Judgment. In Revelation 20:13 we read, “…death (the grave) and Hell (Hades) delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their worth.

Hades was the place for the unsaved dead in the time of Christ and still is. The Bible passage that best presents a picture of Hades (Hell) is Luke 16:19-31. “There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dog came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said to Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rose from the dead.”

This Scripture passage is not a parable. When our Lord spoke In parables He always said something like this: “Hear ye therefore the parable…” or “Another parable put He forth unto them…” A few times He used the word “like” where a particular truth was compared to some familiar object or scene. In this passage Jesus mentions two specific persons, a rich man and the beggar Lazarus. Jesus did not say that this was a parable, neither did He say it was “like” some other Bible truth. Here Jesus speaks about two definite men and in order to prove the reality of Hell, He gives us this account of what happened to the unbelieving rich man. Some of you may say, “Well, I think this passage is just a myth.” Such an attitude, however, is a denial of the truth of God’s Word.

In the first part of Luke 16, Jesus speaks to the Pharisees about the danger of loving money unto the damnation of their souls. He then gives a definite account of what is going to happen to all who love their money more than they love the Lord. Many people, even today, seek to gain the things of this world at the expense of their souls. In Matthew 16:26 we read. “For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?.

Now notice Luke 16:19, There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously everyday.” Here Is a picture of a man of wealth living as if life would go on forevermore. I want you to notice this: there is one thing that riches cannot keep us from dying. I believe with all my heart this man was a good moral upright man. No doubt he obtained his money honestly, looked after his family, and was respected in the community. Perhaps he even gave money to charity.

In verses 22 and 23 we read, “the rich man also died, and was buried: And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments.” Neither his money nor his good works could keep him out of Hell. How surprised he was for he did not expect to go there.

I believe there will be many people like the rich man They live good respectable lives, but they do not care for their souls. They are more occupied now with living than with dying. But when they die they will be also occupied with living, for they will be alive in the torments of Hell forever.

In this passage we are clearly told that Hell is a definite place. “The rich man also died…And in hell he lift up his eyes.” In verse 28 we read that the rich man was anxious to warn his brothers. “lest they also come into this place…” Hell is a place just as real as Halifax or New York. It is not a “condition” here upon the earth. People are not passing through Hell now.

Hell is a place of torments. It is a place of terrible suffering and pain. In verse 24 the rich man cries, “I am tormented in this flame.” In verse 25 Abraham says to the rich man, “thou are tormented. In verse 28 we also read of “this place of torment.”

The grave is not Hell. Man is alive in Hell. In Rev. 14:11 we have the same truth, “The smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”

Hell is a definite place of fire torments. Notice verse 24, “…send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.”

Is there no hope of escape from Hell? None whatever! No one can get out of Hell once they arrive there. Verse 26, “And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot: neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.” The gulf is fixed. I want you to notice another important fact. The rich man in Hell, prayed. People in Hell are praying today. Why? Because they have an interest In the eternal welfare of their loved ones who are left upon the earth. Verses 27 and 28, ‘Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment,”

I pray to God that we might have the same compassion for the souls of loved ones and for the lost multitudes. It is too late in Hell to warn men and women to flee from the wrath to come. But it is not too late now. I am so thankful that our radio and literature ministry is a soul-winning ministry. If God’s people were more concerned for the eternal welfare of souls we could do even more to reach the multitudes with the Gospel of Christ. Oh, beloved, let us arise and tell the nation that JESUS SAVES!

The key to the right understanding of this passage is verse 30,”…if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.”

The rich man went to Hell BECAUSE HE DID NOT REPENT OF HIS SINS. He is now concerned about his brothers and feels confident that if someone from Hell visited them. they would repent of their sins and escape God’s eternal Judgment. Men do not go to Hell for smoking or drinking whiskey or stealing. Men go to Hell because they will not repent of their sins and accept the Saviour. I know that many of you today are not born again Christians. You are not taking seriously the welfare of your immortal soul. I want to leave the following two verses of Scripture with you:

John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only, begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life”: and Revelation 20:14, 15, “And death and Hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire..”

1hole
12-27-2021, 11:17 PM
The rich man went to Hell BECAUSE HE DID NOT REPENT OF HIS SINS. ... Men go to Hell because they will not repent of their sins

You are Biblically correct in all points but two;

First, there be ONE bodily resurrection of the lost. It will come shortly after the end of the Millennial Kingdom and before the establishment of Jesus' eternal Kingdom on earth. (That's when there will be a separation of sheep and goats, wheat and chaff, etc.)

Two, the rich man didn't go to hell because he didn't repent; that would put salvation's cart before the saved horse and I believe those events and order are insignificant.

Now, the background:

We know the rich guy went to hell because of ONE failure: he had failed to submit his life to the Savior by faith/trust/belief before he died. IF that man had been saved first his serious repentance would surely have followed, BUT if his "repentance" had come first it would NOT, of itself, have imputed any saving power to him. (Ditto for the rest of us.)

(See John 3:17, 18 for clear confirmation that NOTHING BUT UNBELIEF gets anyone condemned and it's an obvious certainty that applies immediately at the first death. Therefore, going to hell - or heaven - will not be an issue before God at the court of the Great White Throne. Note that ONLY the poor souls who have already condemned themselves to hell for unbelief, not because of any lack of repentance, as such, will stand for that penalty judgement!)

-- Sir, I have a well loved 30Yr. old grandson who served as a USAF combat medic in Afganistan. When I say "Thank you for your service" I think I have a better understanding of and greater appreciation for what you have done than most folk. I will pray that God will continue to protect and bless you and your's until we can meet in Glory Land.

Combatmedic63
12-28-2021, 06:32 AM
I think I was unclear on what my goal was in the response. According to what I have read and understand in the Bible, the dead don't stay in the ground. I believe, and this is only my humble opinion that there is a hell and then there is hades. If you die without repenting and accepting Christ as your personal Savior, you don't just go in the ground and stay there until the Great White Throne Judgement, you go to hades which is the, for lack of better term pre-hell. The Bible clearly states "absent from the body, present with the Lord" so it would also make sense that if you are absent from the body without being saved you would go to hades until the end of times. Understand this is only my opinion based on what I understand from reading the Bible.

1hole, thank you for your kind words at the end of your post. I will keep your grandson in my prayers along with you and yours. I went through what I considered hell on earth in Iraq and I am paying for it now both mentally and physically. I have seen enough death and and suffering to last several lifetimes. God has truly been working on me and I feel Blessed with the progress made with my disabilities.

1hole
12-28-2021, 01:07 PM
You are correct that the "dead" do not remain in the ground of death; saved souls of the Old Testament went to Sheol (a shadowy place but NOT a "purgatory."

When the Lord died on the cross he told the believing man they would be together that day in "Paradise", which seems to be a beautified and happier place for souls awaiting the Rapture.

I see at least three waves of physical resurrections of believers that will restore dead bodies to their departed soul for a physical eternity. First wave at the Rapture; Second wave at the end of the Tribulation; Third wave at the end of the Millennial Kingdom. It appears there will be a few individual resurrections mixed in along the way (the two witnesses killed in Jerusalem, etc.)

There will be ONE final great resurrection before court conviens at the Great White Throne. It will include all of the lost of all ages plus all who died in the Kingdom Age and - maybe - the believers who died between the Garden and the day of Pentecost. (AND maybe those believers who died in the Tribulation?) THEN there will be a separation of sheep and goats. Finally, the eternal punishments for what the now risen lost did in their first life will be handed down by the final court.

It has taken a very long time and a lot of Bible study to get where I am today and I grant that I may still have some of the details mixed up. But I'm confident the central points and path of the end times is in there.

P.S. - Thankfully, my grandson has now married (an attractive doctor!) and is dealing with the stressful memories of his one sandbox medic tour quite well.

However, after four tours, my ex-Marine (grunt) grandson-in-law is not doing so well; he's out and having great difficulty holding a job. He's straining the sanity of my beautiful granddaughter to near breaking so he (and SHE!) needs everyone who cares about the young men who stand up in uniform to pray for him ... and all the others our politicians have played for fools and are now coming apart at their emotional seams!

(Just to be clear, I really hate America's arrogant and smug establishment/deep swamp politicians, including the many woke political wimps wearing general's suits. But I love Trump and all of his supporters, not because I always agree with them but because they hate our polished professional government liers and their fake, lock-step propaganda wing "news" media too!)

Ban
12-31-2021, 01:05 AM

What do you think?

exile

I'll let ya know later

exile
01-04-2022, 06:35 PM
"Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour."

1 John 2:18 (NKJV)

exile

Thundarstick
01-04-2022, 11:24 PM
What Roman emperors where the most "anti- Christ"?

The Romans would have snuffed out Christ followers if it had been possible. As I've said, we ARE in the last time. There will be no more time on this earth after the Christian age. How long the time last is totally up to God the father, and the only thing we can know for sure is that today is one day closer than yesterday.

Cosmic_Charlie
01-05-2022, 12:29 AM
The end times is when you pass.

Char-Gar
01-06-2022, 12:55 PM
Every generation looks around and finds events they interpret as signs of the End Times. They have all been wrong this far and most likely will continue to be wrong until God decides otherwise. If anybody thinks they can read God's mind, good luck with that Sparky.

Cosmic_Charlie
01-06-2022, 01:20 PM
I can imagine how Eastern Europeans felt during WWII. Millions starved or were murdered. It literally was the end times for them.

sparky45
01-06-2022, 01:35 PM
Every generation looks around and finds events they interpret as signs of the End Times. They have all been wrong this far and most likely will continue to be wrong until God decides otherwise. If anybody thinks they can read God's mind, good luck with that Sparky.

Since you've invoked my nom de plume, were you speaking directly to me or using a colloquialism? At any rate I would agree with you.

44MAG#1
01-15-2022, 05:44 PM
It doesn't really matter. If a person is saved by the shed blood of Jesus Christ it doesn't matter if it is the beginning, middle or the end times does it.
Why worry about it?

1hole
01-15-2022, 08:38 PM
I know someone who believes we are witnessing the fulfillment of prophecies as foretold in Ezekiel 38-39 , and I disagreed with him . Because the Israel of today is most definitely not the land of unwalled villages.

I agree with you. And there's much more in Ezk38-39 that doesn't match. For prophecy to be from God it has to match - perfectly.

1hole
01-15-2022, 10:34 PM
Every generation looks around and finds events they interpret as signs of the End Times.

Yes, many have misinterpreted what they have read but their errors change nothing for us today.

The biggest hole I see in your "forget it" premise about the Lord's coming for His church is that you ignore the Biblical instructions for us to keep expectantly looking up until He does come. Thing is, we're not to ignore the whole question of His return in the air simply because others have guessed wrongly, after all, we really are told that we shouldn't be caught off guard! (1 Thess 5:6, Rev. 16:15)

Good Cheer
01-22-2022, 11:23 AM
Thunder Stick,
The thoughts you stated on the parable of the fig tree are much as mine. Jesus commanded we learn it so I'm interested.

And...
Jesus is coming again after more than 2000 years (Hosea 6:2 and other places), so 2028* and later. And 120 years after 1948 comes 40 years after 2028. So it looks as though perhaps the people of the Earth will see the sign of the coming of the son of man sometime in the forty year window from 2028 to 2068. And wouldn't that seem just totally appropriate if one is familiar with the number forty being associated in scripture with trial and testing? Due to the way our calendar days have been swapped around I tend to think of it as 2030 to 2070. Gives me a good chuckle at the 2030 Agenda For Sustainable Development.

Since those thoughts intruded upon my world view I've been looking around and seeing if the nations are behaving as they should for this to be the run up to that window. Yup, they are. By government insistence Jerusalem is the gay tourists' Mecca and it appears the western oligarchs have been working to have globgov based in Israel right where the devil wants it. Globgov never does totally come together and Russia is being kept alienated to fulfill its role in EZ38. Besides, this point in time is indeed the "externalization of the hierarchy" (it's not like they don't tell you what they intend to do).

By the way, did you ever think about now how many peoples around the world are giving each other gifts towards the end of December? Can't help but ask myself, "Is that what time of the year will be when the two slain witnesses stand back up?"
And unless you had already joined up with the wrong side then would you be there and needing to flee Jerusalem in winter?

There's lots more but hey, those are just some of my musings and everyone that looks around this goofy world has their own.
No doubt someone will get torqued about date setting. Hope they notice that I didn't but that I'm trying to understand the seasons like I'm supposed to.

*And my goodness aren't there lots of arguments about when he was crucified!

farmbif
01-22-2022, 12:20 PM
well, Jim Jones and his followers thought we were in the end times 40 years ago, well for them it sure was the end times.
and David koresh preached to his devotees that we are in the end times, and once again it was the end times for them.
I'm pretty sure these types of situations have been repeated many times through history
regardless if we are are in end times or not all you can do is live your life the best way you possibly can, we each only have a finite amount of days alive on our planet.

44MAG#1
01-22-2022, 01:06 PM
As I ask in post 76 why worry about it?
If a person is saved what difference does it really make?

Good Cheer
01-22-2022, 01:25 PM
Reckon that could depend upon what you mean by "it".

We've been in the last days (end times) since Jesus was sacrificed.
We're commanded to learn the parable of the fig tree.
We're told there is blessing in reading John's Apocalypse.
To what purposes?
To avoid failure?
And what is the price of failure?

Johnny Diamond
01-22-2022, 01:48 PM
We do seem to be closer than ever before, don't we?

FINEM RESICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

Ickisrulz
01-22-2022, 02:02 PM
As I ask in post 76 why worry about it?
If a person is saved what difference does it really make?

Eschatology holds the fascination of baby Christians and preachers/authors who don't do their audiences much good. It is amazing what people "know" (see John 8:52).

sniper
01-22-2022, 02:03 PM
Without getting in a Bible bash with anyone...It is coming...sooner than later, but not before some things happen.
1. The Red Sea must be healed.
2. The Temple on the Mount of Olives must be rebuilt,and water must flow from under it. As it is, one of Islam's holiest Mosques stands there.
3.The Antichrist must arise...from some belief, from the Middle East
4.During his "reign", people without his "mark" (who refuse to "worship" him) will not be able to buy food or other essentials. Rough times!
5.The nations of the world will gather together to eliminate Israel.
6. Two prophets wil be sent to Israel, will preach and teach for a little more than two years, be killed and resurrected...all covered by world media.
7. Today, we are exactly where the Prophets have told us we would be. Pestilence, natural disaster and War, among other evils.
It's not WHEN it will happen, which no man knows, and it will not be as some have expected it to be, and it is not for us to be worrying about the minutiae, but getting ourselves right with God, as we believe him to be, and learning to know his literal Son, Jesus Christ, and the marvelous Atonement he wrought for us in the Garden of Gethsemane, and on the cross. That is why His Father sent him, and why He fulfilled his assignment: Not for His good pleasure, but so that all who ever have or will live on this earth will be Resurrected, and have the opportunity to live with Him and His Father in the eternities.

Johnny Diamond
01-22-2022, 02:12 PM
Sniper, agree with all.

Johnny Diamond
01-22-2022, 03:46 PM
Seems to me we are told to watch and pray MAT 24:42-51 we should not be taken unawares, and if we are to "watch" means we should pay attention so as not to be surprised or taken off guard!
And of course place faith were it ought to be in the redeemer and no where else.

1hole
01-22-2022, 09:45 PM
Seems to me we are told to watch and pray MAT 24:42-51 we should not be taken unawares, and if we are to "watch" means we should pay attention so as not to be surprised or taken off guard!
And of course place faith were it ought to be in the redeemer and no where else.

Well said.

It's not spiritual weakness or immaturity to study any part of the Bible.

God is not immature. If he didn't want his people to study end times he would not have told us so much about those coming days. And He certainly didn't send us a big book to tell us stuff that doesn't matter.

Much of the confusion lies with too little study and gain at least a little bit of understanding. If we know too little about the many end times scriptures we cannot possibly distinguish the prophecies of this current pre-rapture period or the following 7 years of Tribulation or the 1,000 year kingdom and then the new heavens and new earth. Why should all that scripture not be worthy of some prayerful study?

The Book of the Revelation of Christ has the ONLY scripture that promises a blessing (Rev 1:3) to those who keep the words of THAT book! (Can't "keep" much of any scripture we refuse to study can we?)

Bottom line, it's there, either that "blessing" scripture actually means what it says OR God put it in there by mistake; I believe the former and I'm NOT going to say he should not have done it! ??? Saying "Fergetta 'bout it" for ANY scripture just isn't in my vocabulary! :)

Johnny Diamond
01-22-2022, 10:03 PM
My sentiments exactly 1hole could not be more succinct.

FINEM RESPICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

Good Cheer
01-24-2022, 08:33 AM
We do seem to be closer than ever before, don't we?

Yeah we do. Once you wrap your head around the parable of the fig tree and the basket of figs it's like walking up to one of those map signs in a park with the arrow that says "You are here".

Speaking of the basket of figs, in America there are some bible teachers who are so hung up on the bad figs in that they cannot be at peace with the evils being done by the nation state that chose the name "Israel", that they in essence throw the baby out with the bath water when they condemn the bad figs and ignore the good figs.
On the other hand there are some bible teachers who make a savvy career move in excusing and praising the evil done, calling bad good and they too ignore the good figs.
Seems to me that those two schools of bible teachers have come to dominate theology in America and both got it wrong.

farmbif
01-24-2022, 01:03 PM
another way to look at all this not sure if it pertains to biblical writings. but here it goes. our earth has gone through several extinction events.
when it comes to two legged creatures with big brains and opposed thumbs. the neanderthals had bigger brains and stronger bodies than Homo sapiens, they are extinct. no living being on earth lives forever. our demise will come its just a matter of time. how you spend the hours of your days is your choice.

Johnny Diamond
01-24-2022, 01:06 PM
Rev 6:16 these are those who amaze me the most after having seen everything. A little like today. Cognitive dissonance is going to lead to a big problem.

Good Cheer
01-24-2022, 01:55 PM
Is it cognitive dissonance? Or perhaps I should phrase that with "only".
To explain...
I'm convinced that a great many of the king makers who have busied themselves with setting up global governance are to a large extent fully cognizant with forethought of who they serve and who is to take control of the system they are putting together.

Johnny Diamond
01-24-2022, 02:08 PM
Many years ago in a men's Bible study a fellow asked "what if Judas didn't betray Christ "? To which I replied someone else would have. It was part of the the Father's plan, also in regard to world leaders the same applies, as to there sheeple Mark 4:12 kjv

Ickisrulz
01-24-2022, 02:24 PM
Many years ago in a men's Bible study a fellow asked "what if Judas didn't betray Christ "? To which I replied someone else would have. It was part of the the Father's plan, also in regard to world leaders the same applies, as to there sheeple Mark 4:12 kjv

It wasn't necessary for Judas to betray Jesus. Several attempts were made on Jesus' life and he escaped (it wasn't time yet). Herod tried to kill him as a baby, worshipers in a Nazareth synagogue tried to throw him off a cliff and twice members of the Temple in Jerusalem attempted to stone him. There's also Satan's attempt in trying to get Jesus to jump off a high building. Jesus' enemies would have eventually gotten him even without Judas' help.

It really is a shame that Judas didn't repent and seek God's forgiveness. It makes you think what Judas was listening to all the time he was with Jesus.

Ickisrulz
01-24-2022, 02:36 PM
Well said.

It's not spiritual weakness or immaturity to study any part of the Bible.

God is not immature. If he didn't want his people to study end times he would not have told us so much about those coming days. And He certainly didn't send us a big book to tell us stuff that doesn't matter.

Much of the confusion lies with too little study and gain at least a little bit of understanding. If we know too little about the many end times scriptures we cannot possibly distinguish the prophecies of this current pre-rapture period or the following 7 years of Tribulation or the 1,000 year kingdom and then the new heavens and new earth. Why should all that scripture not be worthy of some prayerful study?

The Book of the Revelation of Christ has the ONLY scripture that promises a blessing (Rev 1:3) to those who keep the words of THAT book! (Can't "keep" much of any scripture we refuse to study can we?)

Bottom line, it's there, either that "blessing" scripture actually means what it says OR God put it in there by mistake; I believe the former and I'm NOT going to say he should not have done it! ??? Saying "Fergetta 'bout it" for ANY scripture just isn't in my vocabulary! :)

My point was there are people who major in Revelation trying to interpret every little detail, eventually becoming convinced they know the "hidden" message of Jesus' return and the end of the Age. Countless Christians have trod this path over the centuries eventually finding out that what they thought they knew was incorrect.

By all means, people should study The Apocalypse and all the other passages of Jesus's return, etc. But these studies should be made with the original messages in mind to include context, original audience and author. I have stated it before, Revelation was not a mysterious book to the churches it was written to. They understood the message and it was a source of comfort to them. The modern audiences have a tough time with it because they are trying to make it into something it was never intended to be.

Johnny Diamond
01-24-2022, 03:17 PM
Obviously when the "time was right" Judas was Johnny on the spot as it were. And if he wasn't at "THE APPOINTMENTED" time someone else would have been to fulfill prophecy and secure God's will
Not going to debate the issue, seems silly.

Lloyd Smale
01-24-2022, 03:21 PM
dont know. Only God knows that. All i know is in my lifetime weve never been so close to a war that could end everything. One mistake is all it would take. One mans ego.

Ickisrulz
01-24-2022, 03:21 PM
Obviously when the "time was right" Judas was Johnny on the spot as it were. And if he wasn't at "THE APPOINTMENTED" time someone else would have been to fulfill prophecy and secure God's will
Not going to debate the issue, seems silly.

My point was that we sometimes forget how many times people tried to kill Jesus (these events are normally covered in one sentence). A betrayer was not needed, but that is how it happened.

Johnny Diamond
01-24-2022, 03:30 PM
I'm quite certain that God was not surprised, busy measuring Titegroup can't debate how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Sorry brother.

Thundarstick
01-24-2022, 03:50 PM
My point was there are people who major in Revelation trying to interpret every little detail, eventually becoming convinced they know the "hidden" message of Jesus' return and the end of the Age. Countless Christians have trod this path over the centuries eventually finding out that what they thought they knew was incorrect.

By all means, people should study The Apocalypse and all the other passages of Jesus's return, etc. But these studies should be made with the original messages in mind to include context, original audience and author. I have stated it before, Revelation was not a mysterious book to the churches it was written to. They understood the message and it was a source of comfort to them. The modern audiences have a tough time with it because they are trying to make it into something it was never intended to be.

This is a fact! Revelation isn't some key to be decoded for the last day of time as we know it! Even the Son gives that foresight to the Father only! I'll never understand the preoccupation with trying to predict the last day.

Thundarstick
01-24-2022, 03:51 PM
dont know. Only God knows that. All i know is in my lifetime weve never been so close to a war that could end everything. One mistake is all it would take. One mans ego.

It'll never happen!

Good Cheer
01-24-2022, 05:12 PM
Would one suppose the events of Zechariah were happenstance?

Johnny Diamond
01-24-2022, 06:21 PM
Most probably, and beyond a doubt the Lord God Elohim was shocked at the turn of events .

Good Cheer
01-24-2022, 06:41 PM
It had been I don't know how long since reading, seeing or hearing the info in Zechariah that connected to the betrayal. I couldn't remember where it was but at least I could remember it was somewhere. Had to go find it. But now I will remember it.
Yeehah.
:)

1hole
01-24-2022, 09:09 PM
I'll never understand the preoccupation with trying to predict the last day.

Nor can I, but "last day" predictions isn't the topic, is it? And it should be quite easy for anyone to study what's written about end times without going crazy trying to predict the "last day". (I've known and learned a lot from several serious prophecy students but I've NEVER known anyone trying to establish the "last day"!)

If any professing long-time Christian disagrees about the value of ANY Bible study topic, I'd bet God is much less disappointed with those who study what scripture says about end times than He is with those who make no effort at all to do so; after all, Rev. 1:3 does mean something!

Not everyone agrees with me about the value of end times Bible study of course but I didn't write Rev 1:3; if that verse doesn't mean what it says about there being a special blessing for those who take the whole book of Revelation to heart I need someone much more spiritually mature and perceptive than me to tell me what it does mean.

(Standing by .... ??? :))

Thundarstick
01-25-2022, 12:25 AM
Nor can I, but "last day" predictions isn't the topic, is it? And it should be quite easy for anyone to study what's written about end times without going crazy trying to predict the "last day". (I've known and learned a lot from several serious prophecy students but I've NEVER known anyone trying to establish the "last day"!)

If any professing long-time Christian disagrees about the value of ANY Bible study topic, I'd bet God is much less disappointed with those who study what scripture says about end times than He is with those who make no effort at all to do so; after all, Rev. 1:3 does mean something!

Not everyone agrees with me about the value of end times Bible study of course but I didn't write Rev 1:3; if that verse doesn't mean what it says about there being a special blessing for those who take the whole book of Revelation to heart I need someone much more spiritually mature and perceptive than me to tell me what it does mean.

(Standing by .... ??? :))

It depends if you are determined to see this verse was written to you personally, or if you read it as the opening volley for the churches these letters where written to as praise, and warning. So we see,
"2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," and so they are, we also see, "2Ti 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." The KJV phrases it "rightly dividing". When we abandon the, who it was written to, the time it was written in, and the reason it was written to them, we run the risk of going down many roads to no where. I have found it most intriguing to study these seven churches, the time, place, empire, what they faced then, and what was to come for each of them. There is no real Christian presence in any of these places today (candle sticks removed?). None of us have been put under the knife for not proclaiming Joe Bidden, god supreme above all others, have we? How about found ourselves as a Christian, unable to procure a loan, or have a bank account, buy groceries, get a driver's license, or hold any kind of licensed job? The Christians that Revelation was written to where soon to face this very kind of persecution!
The whole revelation for me? Hold fast, fight a good fight, run like I can win, because the Lamb Slain, the redeemer by his sacrifice and blood, has over come death and the grave, and WILL save his followers in the end! No matter what anyone tries to read into The Revelation, it's a comfort to me, and should be a night terror to unbelievers!

Johnny Diamond
01-25-2022, 12:47 AM
Excuse me, but I really must say the effort, and energy exerted by some people to denigrate someone else's opinion on matters that don't affect you or your salvation "if you are saved" (speaking in generalities) really amazes me if you one want to argue with people who believe otherwise why engage? Do these topics or discussions effect your salvation? How can they if any thoughts or beliefs are in fact untrue as long as YOU don't subscribe to them why do you care so much what someone's thoughts, opinions, or beliefs are believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved..... isn't that what the scripture says? If I or anyone else believes in the rapture what does it really matter to you?
If we're wrong does it keep "you" from the presence of the Lord?
My goodness

Thundarstick
01-25-2022, 08:50 AM
Denigrate?

These discussions are what this form is. Most of them aren't about salvation. What sparked this subforum was discussion (in the Chapel) as to whether the Genesis account in the Bible is a literal account. I happen to believe it is, but have come to a respect others opinions and beliefs about Biblical issues that aren't salvation related. Without these types of discussions one would think all Christians do, and must believe the same things, while losing focus. CHRIST is, and should be our focus! No?

Because someone else expresses their beliefs, and attempts to explain why, hardly falls under denigrating does it? As the scripture says, "we see through a glass darkly".
1Co 13:12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
1Co 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
May I strive to practice all three!

44MAG#1
01-26-2022, 04:57 PM
These forums are discussion forums not necessarily fact forums. Therefore there will be many "fact finders" no matter how much fact they know will give forth their "Fact" or "THEORY" on the subjects at hand.
If one is saved and is under the blood of Jesus Christ our risen Savior we will be okay. Not everyone has the same understanding and ability to learn. God understands that and is not going say uh-oh here's one that is on the ignorant side and here is one on the intelligent side but both are saved so let's kick the ignorant one to the curb

I firmly believe God has control of everything inspite of the ones that think since they are so smart he needs their help.
Relax, Everything is under control. Believe it or not.

Good Cheer
01-27-2022, 06:45 AM
At the risk of venturing into some matters of the original post, have you guys been watching the world form up over the last few decades and comparing it to bible prophecy? Really delved into what the evening news glosses over? That "new world order" that three decades ago the president of the United States called for is still simmering in the pot. The technological control systems to require social scoring compliance if you are to be able to buy or sell have been developed by what were US corporations, tested out and now implemented overseas. One of our US congressman (good luck on that bucko) has recently seen fit to present a bill to try to block implementation here of the national centrally controlled bank accounts. Things are forming up nicely.

An aspect of this world we live in that engaged my attention in the post-Reagan days was to ask what actually is the motivation for these people. To ask, "Why are they doing this?" The answer I came up with was they are doing this because in their minds it really is the right thing to do and that justifies every evil.

1hole
01-27-2022, 04:42 PM
My point was there are people who major in Revelation trying to interpret every little detail, eventually becoming convinced they know the "hidden" message of Jesus' return and the end of the Age.

I read that train of thought and understand what you mean but I've never met anyone who thinks that way. That makes me suspect the inordinate dread of people setting dates may be hundreds of times more common than the reality.

By all means, people should study The Apocalypse and all the other passages of Jesus's return, etc. But these studies should be made with the original messages in mind to include context, original audience and author.
.... I have stated it before, Revelation was not a mysterious book to the churches it was written to. They understood the message and it was a source of comfort to them.

Not real sure about all of what you're saying there. I mean, I believe the messages to those seven churches applied to the dominate mindsets in the original churches AND that each mindset continues today. In fact, John's writings seems to give them a lot more warning than comfort so WE should carefully examine ourselves.

The modern audiences have a tough time with it because they are trying to make it into something it was never intended to be.

I believe most "modern" audiences have trouble dealing with most of John's symbolic monsters because they don't match anything in people's life experience. And that's odd because MOST of the monsters are almost immediately explained within the text! And then, MOST of what still goes unexplained doesn't matter because it's the effects on remaining humanity that matters.

Those who say, "End times don't matter, all that matters is salvation!" are right in principle but badly wrong in application. I grew up in a Southern Baptist country church. EVERY Sunday morning message was a call to be saved, nothing else mattered ... but it really did matter because it didn't generate any spiritual maturity, everyone of us was being carefully fed Biblical baby food; that badly stunted our growth in spiritual understanding and faith!

We once had an 82 year old man (my age now!) who had attended every Sunday service he could, say maybe 45 Sundays a year, since he was about 10; that makes for some 3,300 salvation messages (milk) without hearing an in depth message (meat) from his pulpit without realizing what Godly comforts he had been deprived of; that should not be.

Properly understood, the Apocalypse is nothing for a Christian to fear, if we don't understand it we feel terror. It's no wonder that many lifelong Christians are born again, grow old and die childishly confused and afraid of a lot of Bible things without knowing it; God is clearly not pleased by that!!

See Paul's heart cutting words about immature old believers still living on salvation's spiritual baby food. (1 Pet 2:2, 1 Cor 3:1-3, Heb 5:12-14)

Rfeustel
01-28-2022, 12:20 AM
Where’s Harold Camping when we need him?

Good Cheer
01-28-2022, 06:21 AM
Gave "going camping" a whole new meaning.

augercreek
01-28-2022, 06:57 AM
AMEN to that Good Cheer.

Good Cheer
01-28-2022, 05:21 PM
There's times you just have to wonder how many of the personalities and religion marketers are intel ops.

Good Cheer
01-30-2022, 11:40 AM
About this being end times, was looking at some of my study notes from years ago.
http://i.imgur.com/kq89sRV.jpg (https://imgur.com/kq89sRV)
Something that had caught my eye for study in Daniel was the brass and iron.
The writing on the wall added up to 2520 or 7x360, which is of course the length of time that ol' Neb had previously been turned into a beast. Times another 360 and you get 907200 which takes us to the point in time of both the good figs and the bad figs both putting forth shoots.
That stump bound with bands of brass and iron is really growing now.

Good Cheer
01-31-2022, 11:35 AM
Alberino's work has been deeply entrenched in biblical writings concerning the end times.
I've found his thoughts to be enjoyable to examine with much to think about myself.
http://i.imgur.com/wLGL0Fi.jpg (https://imgur.com/wLGL0Fi)

farmbif
02-27-2022, 07:39 PM
jim jones and David koresh preached and convinced a whole bunch of folks it was the end times, well as we know it was the end times for them

1hole
02-28-2022, 01:35 PM
jim jones and David koresh preached and convinced a whole bunch of folks it was the end times, well as we know it was the end times for them

Good point. A few spiritually unstable people get quite excited (or highly nervous!) about the end of time as we know it being right at hand even tho it obviously is not, at least not as they believe it to be.

I can get excited about the coming rapture of believers (and that's not the "end of time" folks!) myself. But, dumm as I am, I'm not dumm enough to try to set dates; that's WAY above my pay grade. :)

Good Cheer
03-01-2022, 06:51 PM
For those who have come to think that America gets eliminated before the final prophecies are fulfilled, are you expecting the rapture beforehand?

Johnny Diamond
03-01-2022, 06:57 PM
I'm expecting the rapture!

1hole
03-02-2022, 06:05 PM
I know no one who thinks America will vanish before the end times or the Rapture; it's certainly not Biblical. ???

Johnny Diamond
03-02-2022, 06:54 PM
For those who have come to think that America gets eliminated before the final prophecies are fulfilled, are you expecting the rapture beforehand?What prophecies exactly are you referring to needed to preceed the rapture?

Good Cheer
03-03-2022, 08:02 PM
What prophecies exactly are you referring to needed to preceed the rapture?

I'm not suggesting there are or aren't any prophecies that need to be fulfilled prior to a pre-tribulation rapture.
I'm aware that many Christians have come to think that the US doesn't have a place in scriptural prophecies of the end times tribulations. And, that the US gets eliminated from the world scene.

So what I asked was "For those who have come to think that America gets eliminated before the final prophecies are fulfilled, are you expecting the rapture beforehand?"

Johnny Diamond
03-03-2022, 08:44 PM
Many years ago, not long after 911, my wife asked me what I thought about the US not being in end time prophecy.......oddly enough what came out of my mouth nearly instantaneously was that we either would sustain a series of planned internal attacks or civil war woud prevent any significant contribution to defend Israel or participate in the battle at Armageddon? I honestly still haven't had an epiphany or revelation as did John regarding end times.

44MAG#1
03-03-2022, 09:46 PM
I ask again. If one is saved and Heaven is their home what difference does any of this make? Or is this just a subject just to see what some can conjure up in their minds to talk about?

1hole
03-04-2022, 11:12 AM
I ask again. If one is saved and Heaven is their home what difference does any of this make? Or is this just a subject just to see what some can conjure up in their minds to talk about?

I can only answer for myself but I wonder about and like to discuss a lot of things that aren't absolutely essential to my everyday life. I suppose that's conjuring???

44MAG#1
03-04-2022, 11:54 AM
I can only answer for myself but I wonder about and like to discuss a lot of things that aren't absolutely essential to my everyday life. I suppose that's conjuring???

Let use. Digging up. Concocting. Envoking. Pondering. Imagining or a whole host of terms.
Possibly could add dream up. Interpret as. Misunderstand.

Johnny Diamond
03-04-2022, 12:53 PM
Let use. Digging up. Concocting. Envoking. Pondering. Imagining or a whole host of terms.
Possibly could add dream up. Interpret as. Misunderstand.I would say invoking and conjuring woud be synonyms.

44MAG#1
03-04-2022, 01:43 PM
I would say invoking and conjuring woud be synonyms.

I believe in my lacking knowledge of things to have knowledge in that there are synonyms for many of the words we use. There is a synonym for synonym I believe.

44MAG#1
03-04-2022, 05:58 PM
I found it "EQUIVALENT".

1hole
03-14-2022, 11:15 AM
Many years ago, not long after 911, my wife asked me what I thought about the US not being in end time prophecy......

Been thinking about this.

I believe your wife is wrong. I believe America is in end time prophecy, we just aren't mentioned by name but neither is any other country or city except Israel and Jerusalem. Anything after that is a guess.

When believing gentiles read the Bible it's easy to forget that it's the broad history of the Jewish people, not world history. The Bible is not about the world except in the general sense of all humanity and how we personally relate to Jesus' Jewish brothers.

I believe it's worth noting that if modern American progressive-liberal-woke-socialist-academic-"news"-entertainment-political (aka,"Democrat" and "RINO") establishments are allowed to continue jamming their amoral paradise down our throats the coming end of the USA will match that of Rome and Sodom. I'm not happy about that but I can't help it.

Thankfully, what happens to America really doesn't matter a lot to me and my family 'cause when the Rapture comes we're outta here!

Good Cheer
03-14-2022, 09:20 PM
It was Billy Graham's wife I think that once commented on our condition saying something to the effect that if God didn't strike America then He would owe an apology to Sodom. Wonder what she would have said now.

Good Cheer
03-15-2022, 09:23 AM
By the way, in the political section I posted link to the latest (March 7th) letter from Archbishop Vigano concerning what is being done globally. What it boils down to is this is the setting up of the evil end times globalists' kingdom for their god. We're here.

This isn't going to be Star Trek world and a whoopty-do glorious future of mankind. No, this isn't going to be pretty.
Intellectually I can look at this and understand why people shut down their brains. Because it's really scary stuff.
But still, why people don't get it and face it and openly accept the reality of it is just absolutely beyond me.
This is where Faith Street and Meat Street intersect.

OK, end of rant. I know a lot of people don't see it that way. To me it's just undeniable so yeah, I have to face it.

Good Cheer
03-26-2022, 06:29 AM
Makes me want to look again at what happens in the last days according to Genesis 49 and the healing of the deadly wound to the system.

salpal48
03-26-2022, 08:15 AM
Quackery @ its Best

Good Cheer
03-27-2022, 11:33 AM
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/56387578-final-day
Rediscovering a copy of R. Wiles' book Final Day.
The wife and I were going to read it together and got side tracked.
Time to make that happen.

Good Cheer
05-17-2022, 06:43 AM
Anyone thought about the solar instability the bible speaks of?

1hole
05-17-2022, 10:13 AM
But still, why people don't get it and face it and openly accept the reality of it is just absolutely beyond me.

OK, end of rant. I know a lot of people don't see it that way. To me it's just undeniable so yeah, I have to face it.

Okay. ???

But, to what "it" are you referring?

Good Cheer
05-17-2022, 06:40 PM
Okay. ???

But, to what "it" are you referring?

Avoid taking a sentence out of context and always determine the subject and the object.

.429&H110
05-18-2022, 06:39 PM
Morphy's law:
Data is always lost in transmission--if it can be misunderstood, it will be.

We are just hip deep here in lonely old Karens. Today I had a devotional about Revelation with a nice old lady up the street. Nice old lady just had eye surgery, the one-eyed woman can recite every Scripture concerning end times. She is fascinated by the subject. I asked her why she is so stuck on one topic, she said she wants to see Jesus before she dies.

That's a good prayer, that.
I would like to meet Jesus, too, someday.
Beware the parable of the talents!

Jesus said to Peter: "Feed my sheep".
We have hungry sheep to find and feed, right here right now.
The flock is wandering lost somewhere in a lost America.
Will we be forgiven if our evangelism fails?
"Without excuse", said Paul.

exile
05-25-2022, 01:07 AM
"And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, 'A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine.'"

Revelation 6:6 (E.S.V.)

exile

Good Cheer
06-01-2022, 07:15 AM
"Are we living in the end times?" is a question that means different things to different people, provoking a variety of responses; some dismissive and some of cognitive depth depending upon the person and how well they slept the night before.
For me it also brings to mind what I've seen of people who are against Christianity, why they do the things they do. The "secret destiny of America", the new golden age of man they so desire, the return of Apollyon and how our creator is dealing with the world in these end times. Why the Apotheosis Of Washington is surrounded by 72 stars and that obelisk is 666 inches tall.

And after decades of study, peeking behind the curtains, what have I really seen?
That our God used their work as a steady foundation to do His work.

justindad
01-04-2023, 09:30 AM
Around 2010 I was observing that many of the actions of people and even certain “Christian” denominations fit quite well with they prophecy in 2 Timothy that “people will have itching ears and seek out teachers that tell them what the want to believe is true, rather than what actually is true” (paraphrased).
Around 2017 I started to notice that people had deceived themselves for so long they had hardened their hearts against the truth, and could no longer recognize truths if they did not so desire for said truth to be real. This is getting worse as time goes on, and it aligns with the 2 Thessalonians prophecy that “GOD would send a strong delusion among those who hated the truth” (paraphrased).
The signs of the end times are here, but we do not yet have a third Jewish Temple. Watch out for the construction of that Temple on the Mount - the artifacts and rituals are actually being prepared now.
The technology for the mark of the beast continues to be developed. I was in China in 2019 and saw a thing called Face Pay. They scan your face to identify your bank account, and that’s how they paid for our lunch.

Good Cheer
01-04-2023, 10:35 AM
justindad, recently I had a brief conversation with kinfolk who is nominally Christian, about how the devil (being neither omnipresent or omniscient) is using humanity to build the control systems needed for its end time government. I was really surprised to see that the person didn't have clue number one, totally ignorant on the matters and hostile to the discussion.

justindad
01-04-2023, 08:41 PM
I have had similar discussions with similar results.

Good Cheer
01-16-2023, 08:10 AM
It's all about end times theology.
https://themostdangerousblogintheworld.wordpress.com/

Combatmedic63
06-10-2023, 05:27 PM

The phrase "thief in the night" is to compare His coming as one being totally unaware and unprepared. the Bible clearly states in the book of Revelation that with the sound of the trumpet, He will split the eastern sky and descend from Heaven on a cloud of glory.

Winger Ed.
06-10-2023, 05:54 PM

A lot depends on your perspective.
People have been saying we're near the end for about all of recorded history.
Maybe we are now,,,,,,, but the odds are against it.

Sort of like that-- 'The kids now days are worthless', or 'this law or that policy will destroy the country'.... etc.

lightload
06-11-2023, 12:39 AM
I have not studied the Bible as much as many here, and I have a sincere question. Why does not God destroy Satan and his demons?

44MAG#1
06-11-2023, 06:50 AM
I would say we are closer than we were a day ago or a week ago or a month ago or a year ago. I believe you get it.
So if we're are saved and know Heaven is our home what difference does it make.
Plus we have our our own "END TIMES". I am 70 so I know I am living in my "END TIMES".
I surely am not living in my beginning times or my middle times.

.429&H110
06-11-2023, 11:44 AM
Why doesn't God destroy the devil?

He did.

He sent His Son to prove the devil has no power over us.

Unless we choose the devil, instead of the Light of the world.

Consider the rainbow that God set as a promise He would not flood the world again.
His rainbow has all colors, from a white source.
The devil's rainbow flag has only six colors, that flag is not inclusive at all.

farmbif
06-11-2023, 11:46 AM
I think humans have been living in the end times for thousands of years now according to prophets though the ages.

44MAG#1
06-11-2023, 11:48 AM
Again I ask, if one is saved and knows Heaven is his/her home why worry about it?

exile
06-11-2023, 06:39 PM
"...and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."

Revelation 20:10 (E.S.V.)

exile

GhostHawk
06-11-2023, 09:22 PM
Again I ask, if one is saved and knows Heaven is his/her home why worry about it?

I don't.

But I still work at feeding his sheep.

My wife and I were walking into a local place that features good Barbecue. We saw a man come out the door with a piece of paper in his hand and a lost look on his face.

He saw us and approached us. I think his first words were "I don't know what to do!"

Now I'd say he was in his late 30's or early 40's. He looked like a decent hard working man.

So I answered with, "Take a deep breath, tell me whats wrong?"

"My daughter has been life flighted to Fargo with what they think might be Lupus"

So I asked "Where are you from?"

Houston, and I have 3 daughters in my truck and I need to feed them.

So I said "Well that I can fix" and I pulled my wallet, started for a 20$ bill, and Cindy squeezed my arm, and I switched to a 100$ bill. Put it in his hand.
At no point had he asked for money.

His eyes got huge, and he got all choked up, he started to stammer out thanks and I stopped him. You can't thank me, its not my money. I carry it because ever now and then the Lord see's someone that needs help. So you have to thank him, pay him back, or pay it forward.

He understood instantly what I meant. So I shook his hand, blessed him. Hoped his daughter would recover quickly and walked in for my supper.

I just wish I'd gotten his name and phone #.

44MAG#1
06-11-2023, 09:26 PM
I don't.

But I still work at feeding his sheep.

My wife and I were walking into a local place that features good Barbecue. We saw a man come out the door with a piece of paper in his hand and a lost look on his face.

He saw us and approached us. I think his first words were "I don't know what to do!"

Now I'd say he was in his late 30's or early 40's. He looked like a decent hard working man.

So I answered with, "Take a deep breath, tell me whats wrong?"

"My daughter has been life flighted to Fargo with what they think might be Lupus"

So I asked "Where are you from?"

Houston, and I have 3 daughters in my truck and I need to feed them.

So I said "Well that I can fix" and I pulled my wallet, started for a 20$ bill, and Cindy squeezed my arm, and I switched to a 100$ bill. Put it in his hand.
At no point had he asked for money.

His eyes got huge, and he got all choked up, he started to stammer out thanks and I stopped him. You can't thank me, its not my money. I carry it because ever now and then the Lord see's someone that needs help. So you have to thank him, pay him back, or pay it forward.

He understood instantly what I meant. So I shook his hand, blessed him. Hoped his daughter would recover quickly and walked in for my supper.

I just wish I'd gotten his name and phone #.

What does that have to do with the original question? Kindness should be shown to our fellow man and woman.
You did a good thing.

Saxon
06-11-2023, 09:52 PM
What does that have to do with the original question? Kindness should be shown to our fellow man and woman.
You did a good thing.

he was replying to your statement of
and he says

GhostHawk View Post

I don't.

and then he says he just goes around doing good deeds.

now myself,
having taken some bible collage and class's on end times, i will say this.
the book of revelations is parenthetical and is broken into a few chapters grouped together,
and they speak of what "HAS" happened what "IS" happening and what "WILL" happen.
now each grouping of parenthetical chapters are just that has, is, and will happen,
now the parable of the fig tree added into it and you can see how convoluted it could get :D
now should we read it all based on the parable of the fig tree meaning Israel?
and is that what the parable really meant?

44MAG#1
06-11-2023, 09:57 PM
he was replying to your statement of
and he says

and then he says he just goes around doing good deeds.

now myself,
having taken some bible collage and class's on end times, i will say this.
the book of revelations is parenthetical and is broken into a few chapters grouped together,
and they speak of what "HAS" happened what "IS" happening and what "WILL" happen.
now each grouping of parenthetical chapters are just that has, is, and will happen,
now the parable of the fig tree added into it and you can see how convoluted it could get :D
now should we read it all based on the parable of the fig tree meaning Israel?
and is that what the parable really meant?

So he was throwing in the helping of the man as an extra. That is good he helped the man. I would have too. Regardless of whether it is near the end of the end times or the beginning of the end times.

Good Cheer
06-12-2023, 06:56 AM
I have not studied the Bible as much as many here, and I have a sincere question. Why does not God destroy Satan and his demons?

This reality we live in, it's a part of the processing of us from what we were and are into what we can be. Some of us become the desired end product and some will end up on the slag heap. The devil plays its part in making that happen.

44MAG#1
06-14-2023, 06:44 AM
Life is a test.

1hole
06-14-2023, 08:33 PM
.....I have a sincere question. Why does not God destroy Satan and his demons?

An often expressed puzzlement but you're asking us to speak for God and we can't honestly do that. Fact is, we just don't know that answer. We do know God has an ultimate plan to deal with evil and His punishments will be fair. We are limited because this is the only life we know so it's hugely important for us to yearn to see evil and hatred constrained and right and love to prevail in the here and now.

That's not yet but I trust the time is coming when we will see and be well satisfied with God's finished plans.

ioon44
06-15-2023, 07:46 AM
Deuteronomy 30:15-20
English Standard Version
15 “See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil.
16If you obey the commandments of the Lord your God[a] that I command you today, by loving the Lord your God, by walking in his ways, and by keeping his commandments and his statutes and his rules,[b] then you shall live and multiply, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take possession of it.
17 But if your heart turns away, and you will not hear, but are drawn away to worship other gods and serve them,
18 I declare to you today, that you shall surely perish. You shall not live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to enter and possess.
19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live,
20 loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.”

William Yanda
06-15-2023, 08:09 AM
Scripture admonishes us to live like it. For sure, we are 2000years closer than the Disciples and their hearers.

44MAG#1
06-15-2023, 10:00 AM
I ask again, if one is saved and is living as close to the Word as possible, why should one worry about it?
NO ONE lives perfectly.
Why worry about it?
We are one day closer than we were yesterday.

Thundarstick
06-16-2023, 04:59 AM
I ask again, if one is saved and is living as close to the Word as possible, why should one worry about it?
NO ONE lives perfectly.
Why worry about it?
We are one day closer than we were yesterday.
Exactly as I see eschatology! Walk in the light, be cleansed, and stop worrying.

Good Cheer
06-16-2023, 09:20 AM
To state the obvious in simple terms, the devil is part of the process and doesn't get the kibosh until time runs out.

44MAG#1
06-16-2023, 10:21 AM
To state the obvious in simple terms, the devil is part of the process and doesn't get the kibosh until time runs out.

It is in God's hands and I trust him so I don't worry about the end times. When today is done it means it will be one day closer.

So we are getting closer to the end times.

1hole
06-16-2023, 09:35 PM
Exactly as I see eschatology! Walk in the light, be cleansed, and stop worrying.

Another point of view;

First, eschatology is a large part of the Bible - both the Old and New Testaments - and I don't have the audacity to suggest anyone ignore it.

Two, I love to study the Bible, the whole of it, so I might get a better understanding of God's mind on the path of human history. It seems some folk think salvation is the only important Bible topic we need to study. It doesn't take a lot of study to get that.

Three, and contrary to some people's confused belief, a Christian's interest in eschatology doesn't automatically constitute "worry" about it. Salvation is, or should be a starting point for Bible study, not the end. I've found that the more saved people study and learn about God's plans the less likely they are to worry about things yet to come.

Unlike focusing on a simple grasp of baby's milk of salvation, eschatology does require some serious grown-up study! (Compare the simplicity of John 3:16/17 to 1 Cor 3:1/3)

44MAG#1
06-16-2023, 09:44 PM
Another point of view;

First, eschatology is a large part of the Bible - both the Old and New Testaments - and I don't have the audacity to suggest anyone ignore it.

Two, I love to study the Bible, the whole of it, so I might get a better understanding of God's mind on the path of human history. It seems some folk think salvation is the only important Bible topic we need to study. It doesn't take a lot of study to get that.

Three, and contrary to some people's confused belief, a Christian's interest in eschatology doesn't automatically constitute "worry" about it. Salvation is, or should be a starting point for Bible study, not the end. I've found that the more saved people study and learn about God's plans the less likely they are to worry about things yet to come.

Unlike focusing on a simple grasp of baby's milk of salvation, eschatology does require some serious grown-up study! (Compare the simplicity of John 3:16/17 to 1 Cor 3:1/3)

Studying isn't worry? But it can cause a blurred line at times like loading data.
The bottom line is that God has got this. Either one believes that or not.
If one doesn't believe that then they worry and study to worry more. Trying to see something that will make them worry less but finding more because they like to worry..
One either believes or they don't.
That is established in Genesis when it was said God created the Heavens and the Earth.
If one believes that then they believe God has everything under control
Somewhat can our little selves add to it?
Just like the song. Everything is under control.

Good Cheer
06-17-2023, 07:42 AM
What is the parable of the fig tree and why did Jesus say to learn it?

44MAG#1
06-17-2023, 08:51 AM
What is the parable of the fig tree and why did Jesus say to learn it?

The ax is poised ready to fall .
If one is saved and lives as close to the Bible as one can (no one lives perfectly so let's don't go there) why worry about the ax?

1hole
06-17-2023, 09:44 PM
The ax is poised ready to fall .
If one is saved and lives as close to the Bible as one can (no one lives perfectly so let's don't go there) why worry about the ax?

Again, a Biblical "study" of anything is NOT the same as "worry." Christian confusion and worry rises from ignorance of the Word, not from too much knowledge and understanding.

A study of salvation reveals that "living as close to the Bible as one can", as such, is deady, it adds nothing to our salvation by God's grace through faith and trust in Lord Jesus (John 3:17). In fact the "gospel" is the good news that we cannot and need not work to gain salvation; Jesus freely paid the well deserved spiritual death penalty for our secular failures, ALL of them!

Thing is, if we are believers we are saved then no works of our own will cause God to love us any more (Eph 2:8-9). Bottom line, the best of our good works gains us unspecified eternal rewards - and I doubt those rewards will be a small thing - but our earthly good works can never contribute anything at all to our heavenly salvation! (Mt 7:21-23)

Scripture, all of it, was God breathed to the original writers. End times prophecies are a significant part of the Bible. Since God put it in there I must believe He wants us to study it.

Everything should come in its own time. Believe what you will about end times but thinking the study of eschatology is a harmful distraction is effectively saying blissful ignorance of end times is a strength so studying that part of the Bible is an irrelevant waste of time is obviously wrong!

I have to think believing clearly unBiblical illusions (and encouraging others to follow) in Bible study is more than a small step in the wrong direction (1 Tim 2:15).

44MAG#1
06-17-2023, 10:04 PM
Again, a Biblical "study" of anything is NOT the same as "worry." Christian confusion and worry rises from ignorance of the Word, not from too much knowledge and understanding.

A study of salvation reveals that "living as close to the Bible as one can", as such, is deady, it adds nothing to our salvation by God's grace through faith and trust in Lord Jesus (John 3:17). In fact the "gospel" is the good news that we cannot and need not work to gain salvation; Jesus freely paid the well deserved spiritual death penalty for our secular failures, ALL of them!

Thing is, if we are believers we are saved then no works of our own will cause God to love us any more (Eph 2:8-9). Bottom line, the best of our good works gains us unspecified eternal rewards - and I doubt those rewards will be a small thing - but our earthly good works can never contribute anything at all to our heavenly salvation! (Mt 7:21-23)

Scripture, all of it, was God breathed to the original writers. End times prophecies are a significant part of the Bible. Since God put it in there I must believe He wants us to study it.

Everything should come in its own time. Believe what you will about end times but thinking the study of eschatology is a harmful distraction is effectively saying blissful ignorance of end times is a strength so studying that part of the Bible is an irrelevant waste of time is obviously wrong!

I have to think believing clearly unBiblical illusions (and encouraging others to follow) in Bible study is more than a small step in the wrong direction (1 Tim 2:15).

Your wonderful writing is a great thing. It is good to read such a well thought out and well worded reply.
I think Bible study is a great thing. I wish I were more educated in the Bible such as yourself who no doubt is a testimony to reading and study. One who can explain anything about the Bible right down to the simple minded like myself.
But the question about the end times indicates someone is worried, perplexed or overly concerned over something that God has under control.
He is in control isn't he. So any of our own discussion isn't going to change it is it?
I have complete confidence in God so when it happens it happens.
Again I ask why worry about it

exile
06-18-2023, 04:51 PM
"For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land, and have cast lots for my people, and have traded a boy for a prostitute, and have sold a girl for wine and have drunk it."

Joel 3:1-3 (E.S.V.)

exile

44MAG#1
06-18-2023, 04:59 PM
"For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land, and have cast lots for my people, and have traded a boy for a prostitute, and have sold a girl for wine and have drunk it."

Joel 3:1-3 (E.S.V.)

exile

And?

1hole
06-18-2023, 10:53 PM
"For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land, ... Joel 3:1-3

The church is not a building or a denomination. The "church", i.e., the blood bought Bride of Christ, consists of the called out stumbling, fumbling body of fallible but true believers between the Pentecost of Acts the approaching (pre-Tribulation) Rapture of the church; that's US my friends!

God has made many promises to the Jews and He has often been disappointed with the life performance of them. Their many failures have caused them a lot of pain and blood but nothing they've done has been a surprise to God; HE continues to be faithful to his original promises and we have not replaced the Jews (i.e., Judah and Jerusalem) in His eyes.

Failures matter but, when it comes to recounting the failures of religious men, the historical record of the church is no better than that of the Jews. But God remains true to his promises to both the Jews AND the church and we Christians need to remember that.

Sadly, there are many well meaning "modern" Christians who have wrongly swallowed the idea that the Church is the true Israel and therefore God has finished using the (Jewish) bloodline of Abraham. That's wrong because it diminishes the promises and foreknowledge of God. And it doesn't take lot of complex Bible study to prove it's wrong! (Zac 2:8)

44MAG#1
06-18-2023, 10:57 PM
The church is not a building or a denomination. The "church", i.e., the blood bought Bride of Christ, consists of the called out stumbling, fumbling body of fallible but true believers between the Pentecost of Acts the approaching (pre-Tribulation) Rapture of the church; that's US my friends!

God has made many promises to the Jews and He has often been disappointed with the life performance of them. Their many failures have caused them a lot of pain and blood but nothing they've done has been a surprise to God; HE continues to be faithful to his original promises and we have not replaced the Jews (i.e., Judah and Jerusalem) in His eyes.

Failures matter but, when it comes to recounting the failures of religious men, the historical record of the church is no better than that of the Jews. But God remains true to his promises to both the Jews AND the church and we Christians need to remember that.

Sadly, there are many well meaning "modern" Christians who have wrongly swallowed the idea that the Church is the true Israel and therefore God has finished using the (Jewish) bloodline of Abraham. That's wrong because it diminishes the promises and foreknowledge of God. And it doesn't take lot of complex Bible study to prove it's wrong! (Zac 2:8)

Does all that mean we are.living in the end times or near the end time

exile
06-19-2023, 12:12 AM
"And when they had crucified him, they divided his garments among them by casting lots. Then they sat down and kept watch over him there. And over his head they put the charge against him, which read, 'This is Jesus, the King of the Jews.'"

Matthew 27:35-37 (E.S.V.)

"Then one of the twelve, whose name was Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said, 'What will you give me if I deliver him over to you?' And they paid him thirty pieces of silver. And from that moment he sought an opportunity to betray him."

Matthew 26:14-16 (E.S.V.)

exile

Good Cheer
06-19-2023, 08:35 AM
From studying scripture I've come to think that yes, we're getting pretty close to Christ's return, that window of time before there is time no more being glaringly obvious.

Will I still be in this meat suit long enough for the two witnesses to come to that city called Sodom and Egypt? Not likely.

44MAG#1
06-19-2023, 08:52 AM
From studying scripture I've come to think that yes, we're getting pretty close to Christ's return, that window of time before there is time no more being glaringly obvious.

Will I still be in this meat suit long enough for the two witnesses to come to that city called Sodom and Egypt? Not likely.

Why worry about it?

Good Cheer
06-19-2023, 09:16 AM
Why worry about it?

Why are you worried about that?

44MAG#1
06-19-2023, 09:20 AM
Why are you worried about that?

Because of others worry on something that God has under control.
God is in control isn't he or does he need help?

Good Cheer
06-19-2023, 11:37 AM
Because of others worry on something that God has under control.
God is in control isn't he or does he need help?

In posting the same question over and over again are you making an inquiry as to why people like to study scripture?

44MAG#1
06-19-2023, 11:39 AM
In posting the same question over and over again are you making an inquiry as to why people like to study scripture?

Read carefully. Did I say that?

Good Cheer
06-19-2023, 08:55 PM
That's all I got from what you said, having noticed that your repetitive entries appear to have been intended as literary devices as a lead in to some point yet to be seen. After all, obviously people enjoy studying God's letter to them because they want to know what God wants them to know. And obviously God is in control. And obviously it has nothing to do with God needing their help...
All of which we're aware of.
So after reading your statement and your follow on question there was little to do but seek clarification.
Was there some point yet to be seen?

44MAG#1
06-19-2023, 09:04 PM
That's all I got from what you said, having noticed that your repetitive entries appear to have been intended as literary devices as a lead in to some point yet to be seen. After all, obviously people enjoy studying God's letter to them because they want to know what God wants them to know. And obviously God is in control. And obviously it has nothing to do with God needing their help...
All of which we're aware of.
So after reading your statement and your follow on question there was little to do but seek clarification.
Was there some point yet to be seen?

The point is, why worry or discuss something God has already got a plan for? Why would it even be up for discussion? Why would anyone think their input or output is going to change something that God is in COMPLETE control on?
Is there something you , me or anyone else is going to do to change it, explain it, or to help God on it?
No there isn't. Unless one thinks so highly of themselves they think God is going to ask them for their help or advice.
We know that isn't going to happen so why be concerned or worried over it.
It is what it is. And that, what it is, is that God has it in control.
What are you, me or anyone else going to do about it?

Saxon
06-20-2023, 12:44 AM
The point is, why worry or discuss something God has already got a plan for? Why would it even be up for discussion? Why would anyone think their input or output is going to change something that God is in COMPLETE control on?
Is there something you , me or anyone else is going to do to change it, explain it, or to help God on it?
No there isn't. Unless one thinks so highly of themselves they think God is going to ask them for their help or advice.
We know that isn't going to happen so why be concerned or worried over it.
It is what it is. And that, what it is, is that God has it in control.
What are you, me or anyone else going to do about it?
we help others to understand just like when we teach preach the rest of the bible.

acts 8:An Ethiopian Receives Christ

25So, when they had solemnly testified and spoken the word of the Lord, they started back to Jerusalem, and were preaching the gospel to many villages of the Samaritans.

26But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip, saying, “Get ready and go [j]south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza.” ([k]This is a desert road.) 27So he got ready and went; and [l]there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of [m]Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship, 28and he was returning and sitting in his [n]chariot, and was reading Isaiah the prophet. 29Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this [o]chariot.” 30Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. 32Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this:

“HE WAS LED LIKE A SHEEP TO SLAUGHTER;

AND LIKE A LAMB THAT IS SILENT BEFORE ITS SHEARER,

SO HE DOES NOT OPEN HIS MOUTH.

33“IN HUMILIATION HIS JUSTICE WAS TAKEN AWAY;

WHO WILL [p]DESCRIBE HIS [q]GENERATION?

FOR HIS LIFE IS TAKEN AWAY FROM THE EARTH.” 34The eunuch answered Philip and said, “Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself, or of someone else?” 35Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him. 36As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch *said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?”[r] 38And he ordered that the [s]chariot stop; and they both went down into the water, Philip as well as the eunuch, and he baptized him. 39When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; and the eunuch no longer saw him, [t]but went on his way rejoicing. 40But Philip [u]found himself at [v]Azotus, and as he passed through he kept preaching the gospel to all the cities, until he came to Caesarea.

44MAG#1
06-20-2023, 05:13 AM
The title is "Are We Living in the End Times?
There really isn't anything to discuss, teach or question.
We are living closer to the end time than ever before.
Today we are closer than yesterday.
Tomorrow we will be closer than today.
Matthew chapter 24 says only God knows when he is going to pull the plug on time.
So why discuss that?
This isn't the same thing as ones opinion on the best load for caliber xyz or the best powder or primer or cartridge.
Or a discussion on the best caliber handgun for game or self defense.
This a situation where one either trusts and believes God or he doesn't.
So since it is set there is no use in worry, discussion.
God has it in control.
Yes or no?
Of course YES with no help from little ole us

Good Cheer
06-20-2023, 10:15 AM
That God is in control of this creation is simply a given and broadly besides the point in any discussion as to whether or not people should or should desire to study scripture. But as to whether people should study scripture, we're told we should study scripture so as to understand the time of the end and the eminent return of Jesus Christ to that city called Sodom and Egypt when the devil there has the two witnesses murdered. On a side note, my wife was born in 1948 so her brown eyes are ever a reminder of what times we live in. In just a very few years we will be entering into the third day when He returns. At our ages there's little likelihood of our living long enough to see Him. But hey, because He gave us the parables to learn we can understand what time it is and know the deception that's coming, the deception that He said not to fall for. So yeah, for us studying scripture is a good thing because we wouldn't want to fall for something that has the propensity to fool even the elect.

Well, that's enough for me.
I'm gonna go trellis up some melons.

44MAG#1
06-20-2023, 10:27 AM
That God is in control of this creation is simply a given and broadly besides the point in any discussion as to whether or not people should or should desire to study scripture. But as to whether people should study scripture, we're told we should study scripture so as to understand the time of the end and the eminent return of Jesus Christ to that city called Sodom and Egypt when the devil there has the two witnesses murdered. On a side note, my wife was born in 1948 so her brown eyes are ever a reminder of what times we live in. In just a very few years we will be entering into the third day when He returns. At our ages there's little likelihood of our living long enough to see Him. But hey, because He gave us the parables to learn we can understand what time it is and know the deception that's coming, the deception that He said not to fall for. So yeah, for us studying scripture is a good thing because we wouldn't want to fall for something that has the propensity to fool even the elect.

Well, that's enough for me.
I'm gonna go trellis up some melons.

So, if you are saved then what is the worry about all of it
What the Bible says the Bible says.
No spin doctors needed such as the spin doctors that tell us what a politician has said after a speech.
When it happens there may be some spinning. Plus some other things but it won't matter.

Gobeyond
06-20-2023, 01:28 PM
We could always be more obedient and get prepared for what God is going to do. Arguments don’t help. Just blowing off steam?

Read and pray. Interested but not worried. Clever but not loving. Forums make us very bold, saying things we never would personally.

I’m expecting the rapture. I want to go. We are not appointed to wrath. Comfort one another with these words. The day of Christ is the great tribulation. That’s when the a/c will come. The rapture is next.

Maybe the end won’t be until the 6000th year on the Jewish calendar. That’s about 218 years away. Some have it figured differently. Things would be much worse by then. The Lord would find faith on the earth if He came now. But probably not then.

44MAG#1
06-20-2023, 02:01 PM
We could always be more obedient and get prepared for what God is going to do. Arguments don’t help. Just blowing off steam?

Read and pray. Interested but not worried. Clever but not loving. Forums make us very bold, saying things we never would personally.

I’m expecting the rapture. I want to go. We are not appointed to wrath. Comfort one another with these words. The day of Christ is the great tribulation. That’s when the a/c will come. The rapture is next.

Maybe the end won’t be until the 6000th year on the Jewish calendar. That’s about 218 years away. Some have it figured differently. Things would be much worse by then. The Lord would find faith on the earth if He came now. But probably not then.

I don't think most on here will live another 218 years.
I don't think I will
Not in this body.
Maybe the Aliens will zap me and make me live 300 years more.

abunaitoo
06-20-2023, 02:14 PM
For this country, we are closer than we've ever been.
I predict there will be a major disaster before the end.
Something that will have long lasting consequences for the whole country.
Maybe kalafonia will slid into the ocean.
It will be the final warning to all.
As for the rest of the world, because the USA is still considered the world leader, other countries, if the understand the warning, will take heed, and change.
I don't hold any hope that china will.

44MAG#1
06-20-2023, 02:21 PM
For this country, we are closer than we've ever been.
I predict there will be a major disaster before the end.
Something that will have long lasting consequences for the whole country.
Maybe kalafonia will slid into the ocean.
It will be the final warning to all.
As for the rest of the world, because the USA is still considered the world leader, other countries, if the understand the warning, will take heed, and change.
I don't hold any hope that china will.

Just hold it in the road, keep it between the ditches and roll with it
No amount of spinning will help.

exile
06-22-2023, 05:42 PM
"Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, 'Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?' They answered and said to the king, 'True, O king.' He answered and said, 'But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.'"

Daniel 3:24-26 (E.S.V.)

exile

44MAG#1
06-22-2023, 05:47 PM
"Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, 'Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?' They answered and said to the king, 'True, O king.' He answered and said, 'But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.'"

Daniel 3:24-26 (E.S.V.)

exile

Some very esteemed person asked.

"Are we living in the end times?"

What does it matter if one is saved?

elmacgyver0
06-22-2023, 06:22 PM
We have always been in "End Times".

44MAG#1
06-22-2023, 06:28 PM
We have always been in "End Times".

Some are worried whether we are at the beginning of the end, middle of the end or at the end of the end times or somewhere along the way or Between some of those places.

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-22-2023, 08:34 PM
when there is no more bacon grease, that'll be the end times.
Oops, wrong thread, LOL.

44MAG#1
06-22-2023, 09:10 PM
when there is no more bacon grease, that'll be the end times.
Oops, wrong thread, LOL.

I think the aliens are going to get all the bacon grease to take back with them before the end of time.
Be therefore on the lookout.

exile
06-23-2023, 03:56 AM
"And the ten horns that you saw are ten kings who have not yet received royal power, but they are to receive authority as kings for one hour, together with the beast. These are of one mind, and they hand over their power and authority to the beast. They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful."

Revelation 17:12-14 (E.S.V.)

exile

Good Cheer
06-23-2023, 07:44 AM
Some are worried. Most find joy in what Jesus intended for them to know.

44MAG#1
06-23-2023, 08:53 AM
"And the ten horns that you saw are ten kings who have not yet received royal power, but they are to receive authority as kings for one hour, together with the beast. These are of one mind, and they hand over their power and authority to the beast. They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful."

Revelation 17:12-14 (E.S.V.)

exile

Matthew 24
42 Watch therfore, for ye know not what houre your Lord doth come.

43 But know this, that if the good man of the house had knowen in what watch the thiefe would come, he would haue watched, and would not haue suffered his house to be broken vp.

44 Therefore be yee also ready: for in such an houre as you thinke not, the sonne of man commeth.

44MAG#1
06-23-2023, 08:54 AM
Some are worried. Most find joy in what Jesus intended for them to know.

To "KNOW" is great but to "worry" as evidentially some do is not good.

Good Cheer
06-23-2023, 11:16 AM
To "KNOW" is great but to "worry" as evidentially some do is not good.

That's a very worthwhile distinction to have in mind. Being worried about wanting to get it right compels Christians to study. When they get a question answered then they know what their creator wants versus what they're doing. Sometimes people need to access some information and incorporate it into their lives before going further. While there is no end to what one can learn in studying scripture, there is some place for each person where they need to pause no matter how delightful learning may be. As for myself I start and stop and start and stop. And now I'm old enough that I'm rediscovering things forgotten.

44MAG#1
06-23-2023, 11:22 AM
That's a very worthwhile distinction to have in mind. Being worried about wanting to get it right compels Christians to study. When they get a question answered then they know what their creator wants versus what they're doing. Sometimes people need to access some information and incorporate it into their lives before going further. While there is no end to what one can learn in studying scripture, there is some place for each person where they need to pause no matter how delightful learning may be. As for myself I start and stop and start and stop. And now I'm old enough that I'm rediscovering things forgotten.

Don't turn learning and the DESIRE to learn into worry.
If one is saved one doesn't need to worry when the end of time is.

Good Cheer
06-23-2023, 12:41 PM
Gets into a matter of semantics in how the word "worry" is used...
-Whether or not to worry with it.
-To worry a bad tooth.
-Not gonna worry about it.
-To worry about making the week's payroll.

Do you suppose people worry over what He said the unforgivable sin is?

44MAG#1
06-23-2023, 01:16 PM
Gets into a matter of semantics in how the word "worry" is used...
-Whether or not to worry with it.
-To worry a bad tooth.
-Not gonna worry about it.
-To worry about making the week's payroll.

SEMANTICS: the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning. There are a number of branches and subbranches of semantics, including formal semantics, which studies the logical aspects of meaning, such as sense, reference, implication, and logical form, lexical semantics, which studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semantics, which studies the cognitive structure of meaning.

I like them big words. If one has committed the unforgivable sin it sure isn't going to do any good worrying about it. Or fretting about it
Wonder if the aliens put the semantics on us?

Good Cheer
06-23-2023, 01:30 PM

44MAG#1
06-23-2023, 01:32 PM

Not if they have committed it.

Good Cheer
07-01-2023, 08:34 PM
Could they have done that yet?

44MAG#1
07-01-2023, 08:44 PM
They could have. It is hard to tell what others do. God knows though. So out of our hands. He knows what to do. I firmly believe that.
God has everything under control.

Good Cheer
07-01-2023, 08:59 PM
Agreed, God is absolutely in control.

Good Cheer
07-02-2023, 09:25 AM
And to piggy back on that thought, the fact that He answers prayers, sometimes shows people what is to come and sets things up in ways that we are only sometimes fortunate enough to even get a whiff of, all that indicates He is actively involved in running this creation in His mysterious ways on a continual basis. Some people just cannot countenance the idea that God is in control. They wring their hands with errant thoughts such as oh I just can't see how a loving God could let a thing like _(fill in the blank)_ happen. It never occurs to them that we came here to graduate and what graduation day is.

44MAG#1
07-02-2023, 10:01 AM
And to piggy back on that thought, the fact that He answers prayers, sometimes shows people what is to come and sets things up in ways that we are only sometimes fortunate enough to even get a whiff of, all that indicates He is actively involved in running this creation in His mysterious ways on a continual basis. Some people just cannot countenance the idea that God is in control. They wring their hands with errant thoughts such as oh I just can't see how a loving God could let a thing like _(fill in the blank)_ happen. It never occurs to them that we came here to graduate and what graduation day is.

Woman and man brought all this on themselves. Woman and man created their problems by weakness to non obedience (sin).
Regardless God is in control and he holds the Big Hammer.

Good Cheer
07-03-2023, 09:33 AM
Regardless God is in control and he holds the Big Hammer.

Absolutely.

Good Cheer
07-03-2023, 09:38 AM

What do you think?

exile

You know, there's been so much coming to pass in the last few decades that it's really not easy to entertain a thought that we aren't closing in on when Jesus sets his feet on the mount. Yeah there's a lot that still has to happen but wow, so much has already happened.

44MAG#1
07-03-2023, 10:36 AM
You know, there's been so much coming to pass in the last few decades that it's really not easy to entertain a thought that we aren't closing in on when Jesus sets his feet on the mount. Yeah there's a lot that still has to happen but wow, so much has already happened.

And all of that is being watched by God. He has his plan. He is in control. No need to discuss, worry, anguish, try to figure it out or a whole host of other things to figure out the time about what God says that no one knows but God.
He has the Gavel and he will strike the Sound Block when he wants to.
NOTHING we say, do, sweat over, etc., etc., will change God's plan.

Good Cheer
07-03-2023, 03:17 PM
So much for deep theological discussions, hey?[smilie=s:

44MAG#1
07-03-2023, 03:23 PM
So much for deep theological discussions, hey?[smilie=s:

Maybe I accept some things as concrete and does not need "DEEP THEOLOGICAL" discussion, especially this subject which we know nothing about when it will happen.
Only God knows.
That is enough if one trusts God's knowledge.

Good Cheer
07-03-2023, 05:22 PM
Concrete? Like Luke 24:32?

Good Cheer
07-03-2023, 05:23 PM
Why did He sure that we would know?

44MAG#1
07-03-2023, 05:29 PM
Concrete? Like Luke 24:32?
He opened the scriptures so we would know what we need to know like no one knows when the time the end of time will come.
Only speculate. God isn't a speculator.
He is a knower and doer.

Good Cheer
07-03-2023, 05:48 PM
OK, another disanswer.
Scripture was pointedly composed to provide for direction as to when.
Why our creator would do that isn't a mystery.
Bye.

44MAG#1
07-03-2023, 06:22 PM
OK, another disanswer.
Scripture was pointedly composed to provide for direction as to when.
Why our creator would do that isn't a mystery.
Bye.

The Bible give us signs to let us know that times are getting worse and worse and to be on the look out for his coming. Times are getting worse so we must be getting closer than we were yesterday toward the end of time.
Do you know the year day and hour. I am all ears if you do.

a danl
07-03-2023, 08:00 PM

What do you think?

exile

when they call evil good and good evil, beware when all the nations go against israel . in the latter days parents will kill their own children

44MAG#1
07-03-2023, 08:09 PM
KJV Bible. Matthew 24:36
[36]¶ But of that day and houre knoweth no man, no, not the Angels of heauen, but my Father onely.

Good Cheer
07-03-2023, 09:30 PM
Exactly. No one knows the hour or the day. But we are told to learn the season.
So do that.

44MAG#1
07-03-2023, 09:55 PM
Exactly. No one knows the hour or the day. But we are told to learn the season.
So do that.

That is also in Matthew chapter 24. But what good does it do to worry about it?
If one is saved one doesn't have to worry about it.
The key is being saved. If not saved worry if saved don't worry.

Good Cheer
07-04-2023, 08:25 AM
Being saved is the choice to go with our father rather than the rebellious.
Paying attention to what He told us is just that, paying attention. And it's important. Discussing it amongst ourselves for edification and understanding of doctrine is important. Precept upon precept, line by line, here a little and there a little as Isaiah so rightly pointed out. It's very important.
Worry?

44MAG#1
07-04-2023, 08:55 AM
Being saved is the choice to go with our father rather than the rebellious.
Paying attention to what He told us is just that, paying attention. And it's important. Discussing it amongst ourselves for edification and understanding of doctrine is important. Precept upon precept, line by line, here a little and there a little as Isaiah so rightly pointed out. It's very important.
Worry?

Discussion???? On something that is set by God? It is what it is. Something no amount of "discussion" will solve or change. All one will get is different views based on each person's understanding (of varying degrees) on the time. We are living closer to the end times than we were yesterday and we will be closer tomorrow than we are today and we will be closer next week than we are this week etc. etc. etc. etc. are we not? We have the beginning of the end and eventually the end. We are some where in-between.
Just like our life. We started toward the end as soon as we were born. Each day is closer to the end. I am real close.
So I am living close to my "end times".

1hole
07-04-2023, 12:51 PM
That is also in Matthew chapter 24. But what good does it do to worry about it?
If one is saved one doesn't have to worry about it.
The key is being saved. If not saved worry if saved don't worry.

.44, I like you. You're an honest, well intended Christian but ... you often puzzle me. Sometimes you post some rational and thought provoking ideas but sometimes you post some disjointed comments that make no sense even from your own positions.

For instance, you approve of some unidentified narrow range of Bible studies but you often end up effectively observing that, "It's all in God's hands so why 'worry' about all them details" and close by suggesting we should stick to the simplistic Christian baby's milk of salvation. Through Paul, God tells us we should do better studying than that! (Heb 5:12-14)

You often restate your conviction that study of end times constitutes "worry" of some sort; I disagree. I'm an old man. I am friends with a good number of amature end times Bible students but I've never met even ONE who trembles in worry about any of it, nor have I ever met anyone trying to set the dreaded days and dates. Yeah, sure, I know some men do that but they are few and, at least within my circles, it just doesn't exist. For those few strays who do live in fears born of ignorance, what point of Bible study do you know of that is NOT sometimes wrongly manipulated by the ignorant blind leading the even more ignorant blind?

I remember my Jr. High school in the 50s had inscribed in stone above the front door, "Knowledge is strength"; that has stuck with me. So far, I've never seen anyone suggesting that "Ignorance of anything is less confusing than learning of everything, so stay ignorant and be strong."

Would it not be best if we all learn the Bible truths of everything better or should we just keep wallowing deeper in our ignorant - and afraid - comfort zones?

We are promised that our God will reveal his plans before they happen in order that we may be comforted in the face of the spiritual rot and adversity we see around us. The least worried Christians I've ever known have been the most well grounded in end times studies.

It seems to me that the most fertile ground for Satan's deceptions is firmly rooted in the Bible ignorance of simple minded Christians drowning in the baby's milk of salvation because they understand so little of what they already know!

44MAG#1
07-04-2023, 02:14 PM
.44, I like you. You're an honest, well intended Christian but ... you often puzzle me. Sometimes you post some rational and thought provoking ideas but sometimes you post some disjointed comments that make no sense even from your own positions.

NO ONE IS 100 PERCENT RATIONAL AT ALL TIMES.
THAT I KNOW OF BECAUSE WE ARE IMPERFECT SO IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR ME OR ANYONE ON HERE TO BE 100 PERCENT RATIONAL GOOD LUCK.

For instance, you approve of some unidentified narrow range of Bible studies but you often end up effectively observing that, "It's all in God's hands so why 'worry' about all them details" and close by suggesting we should stick to the simplistic Christian baby's milk of salvation. Through Paul, God tells us we should do better studying than that! (Heb 5:12-14)

WE SHOULD DO BETTER. SO WE DO IT OR DO WE TRY TO TELL OTHERS WHAT GOD SAID
BY OUR MEASURING GODS CORN IN OUR BUSHEL?

You often restate your conviction that study of end times constitutes "worry" of some sort; I disagree. I'm an old man. I am friends with a good number of amature end times Bible students but I've never met even ONE who trembles in worry about any of it, nor have I ever met anyone trying to set the dreaded days and dates. Yeah, sure, I know some men do that but they are few and, at least within my circles, it just doesn't exist. For those few strays who do live in fears born of ignorance, what point of Bible study do you know of that is NOT sometimes wrongly manipulated by the ignorant blind leading the even more ignorant blind?

THE QUESTION WAS ARE WE LIVING IN THE END TIMES. THAT IS A LOADED QUESTION JUST TO GET PEOPLE MEASURING THAT CORN IN THEIR BUSHEL
SURE WE ARE LIVING IN THE END TIME BUT WHERE WE ARE ALONG THE ROAD WE DONT KNOW SINCE WE HAVENT BEEN DOWN THAT ROAD JUST LIKE WE HAVENT LIVED OUR LIFE YET. ESPECIALLY WHEN WE DONT KNOW WHERE THE ROAD WILL END.

I remember my Jr. High school in the 50s had inscribed in stone above the front door, "Knowledge is strength"; that has stuck with me. So far, I've never seen anyone suggesting that "Ignorance of anything is less confusing than learning of everything, so stay ignorant and be strong."

IVE SEE SOME PRETTY INTELLEGENT PEOPLE THAT COULDNT POUR WATER OUT OF A BOOT WITH THE DIRECTIONS ON THE HEEL.
CLICHES ARE OVERUSED.

Would it not be best if we all learn the Bible truths of everything better or should we just keep wallowing deeper in our ignorant - and afraid - comfort zones?

ANYONE HERE KNOW ALL THE TRUTHS? WHO ARE THEY? SERIOUSLY I WOULD LIKE TO TALK WITH THEM

We are promised that our God will reveal his plans before they happen in order that we may be comforted in the face of the spiritual rot and adversity we see around us. The least worried Christians I've ever known have been the most well grounded in end times studies.

THAT MAYBE. BUT HE SAYS OF THE END OF TIME NO MAN KNOWS BUT THE FATHER NOT EVEN THE ANGELS. HE WILL LETS US KNOW.

It seems to me that the most fertile ground for Satan's deceptions is firmly rooted in the Bible ignorance of simple minded Christians drowning in the baby's milk of salvation because they understand so little of what they already know.

CLICHE.

Synonym for WORRY.
BOTHER, FRET

Capitals are used to easily see what I have written.

Thundarstick
07-05-2023, 05:02 AM
So just where does the United States of America fit into eschatology?

44MAG#1
07-05-2023, 07:02 AM
So just where does the United States of America fit into eschatology?

ESCHATOLOGY: the part of theology concerned with death, judgment, and the final destiny of the soul and of humankind.

It fits in because people in the US dies, they will be judged because they have a soul that has a final destiny and because we are human we are mankind.
So it fits. That is all we need to know. Why worry about it if one is saved?

Good Cheer
07-05-2023, 08:19 AM
Where does the United States of America fit into eschatology? I've run upon a few different ideas on where the US fits in. It's been interesting over the years to see what the global elites say they want to do and compare my own thoughts to the thoughts of others who have studied them. I don't belong to any of the various organizations but traveled a lot, and charity resale shops were often filled with books that Americans read before their interseine absorbed survivors donated grampa's stuff. And there are a lot of books out there that examine the elites from every direction you could imagine. Their affiliations, their philosophies, their religions, their published thinking, what they've been up to, how they say they want to change the world, you name it. And if you want to say well so what, remember that God uses whatever is available to accomplish His tasks and the elites are there to use. Since the time before this nation was but a gleam in the founding fathers' eyes right on up to today they've left a trail of evidence to be followed. Some of them have intended to serve God and some have intentionally stood against Him but in truth both serve in God's creation.

Some people seem to think that the US is no longer around at the end because they can't find prophecy mentioning it while others publish books and provide lectures on our role according to scripture, some even openly calling the US the end times mystery Babylon. Perhaps some hope that it will be somewhere in the three horns (three of the ten regions)
https://i.imgur.com/Kujh7Xs.jpg
that the little horn finds it necessary to overthrow; that at least could perhaps mean we stood up against the evil rather than continuing to be used as a weaponized power to push evil on the rest of the world.

44MAG#1
07-05-2023, 08:26 AM
Doesn't matter. God will do what he will do. He is in control so why worry what will happen?
Doesn't matter what we limited mind individuals say God has it under control.
I guarantee he will prevail with his doings.

Electrod47
07-07-2023, 10:58 AM
"mene, mene, tekel, upharsin"........so it was written and so it shall be done....The name on the border lines don't mean a thing, since they have all fell short.

Good Cheer
07-08-2023, 09:34 AM
Anyone ever do the study on the value of those three words in Daniel, of how 2520 is designed into history and prophecy?

44MAG#1
07-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Matthew chapter 24.
The key verse is verse 36.
Either you believe it or you dont

44MAG#1
07-08-2023, 11:25 AM
I have received an infraction from ShooterAZ because of the alien thread.
I was totally at fault.
So, with that being said I will post no more in Deep Theological Discussion threads
Thanks.

Good Cheer
07-11-2023, 06:54 AM
Good morning.
Take the whole chapter in context. What was Jesus getting across? While Jesus says we aren't to know the day or hour (just as he himself does not) he clearly wants us to know the window of time when it's getting close and tells us the signs to watch for so that we won't be caught unaware. Recognizing the signs at the end is an integral part of not being fooled.
Jesus' concern over this matter is shown in his stating things he did know and could tell us, stressing that everything will be bopping along just fine and then... whammo, just like in the days of Noah the unrepentant will be taken away.
And because Jesus said so in no uncertain terms that's just the way it's going to be.

Thundarstick
07-11-2023, 07:23 AM
And just why was Jesus teaching that, if he himself doesn't know the hour?

To impress the importance of repenting TODAY! TODAY is the day of salvation! If you aren't following Christ, TODAY is the day to change your life!

Don't wait! When the door slams shut its too late!

So, if you've made your salvation secure, why bother with "end time unraveling"? If you knew he was coming back next year, would you live better, preach harder, give more, pray more fervently? If so, why aren't you doing it now, since no one knows the day nor the hour?
The same questions apply to myself!

Good Cheer
07-11-2023, 07:32 AM
Well, just going by the record, Jesus' #1 warning was to not be deceived.
I'm taking it for granted that he knew what he was talking about.

Alabama358
07-11-2023, 01:30 PM
Matthew chapter 24.
The key verse is verse 36.
Either you believe it or you dont

I would summit that the "Key Verses" are
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Not the day or the hour... But at the door!
Not the "it has to be a TOTAL SURPRISE" doctrine that some many have fallen for.

It is easy to shrug it off as not important because you have your salvation secured... BUT, consider this... it was important enough for Christ to have prophesied it.

Good Cheer
07-11-2023, 03:46 PM
And what happens if you don't recognize the deception because you didn't bother to learn the content of warning?

exile
10-01-2023, 07:15 PM
"The great day of the Lord is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly."

Zephaniah 1:14 (K.J.V.)

exile

exile
10-02-2023, 08:51 PM
"Alas! That day is so great there is none like it; it is a time of distress for Jacob; yet he shall be saved out of it."

Jeremiah 30:7 (E.S.V.)

exile